North Leigh Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: North Leigh Updates

Post by Westyeltz » 07 Oct 2020, 08:03

Although I couldn't make the game last night, I'm interested to know how the distancing arrangements were organised. Was it just in The Shed or was it on the other sides too?
Little Crooki posted a photo of a wrist band with a pen number on it. What was that about?
It all sounds like it went well whatever, so well done to the Club for sorting.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Oct 2020, 08:19

I feel as though we're giving the cock womble pitch invader too much publicity, which I'm obviously adding to, but I've seen a lot of people comment that he was a kid (smacked off his tits, by the look of him), that climbed over the fence, from the Wreck, as a dare from his 'friends'. I did see a group of kids hanging around that end, towards the Stourbr*dge Road End, so I'd say this has a good chance of being true.

Where ever he came from, he obviously had no intention of causing harm, but such is today's world, it makes you think 'what could have been'.

The club couldn't have prevented this idiot, or future idiots, but it's a stark reminder of the world we live in, and how unsavoury last night could have been, particularly thinking about what happened up Brum a number of weeks back.

Quite scary when you think about it >:(
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 07 Oct 2020, 08:58

Westyeltz wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 08:03
Although I couldn't make the game last night, I'm interested to know how the distancing arrangements were organised. Was it just in The Shed or was it on the other sides too?
Little Crooki posted a photo of a wrist band with a pen number on it. What was that about?
Just in The Shed. Basically Rob was at the one end and he gave you a numbered wrist band to wear and that's where you needed to stand. There were plenty of "pens" available, I wandered round for the second half and got a spot behind the goal. It's worth saying as well that the little chain fences were markers in between each pen - it's not like you're standing IN the fence (if you know what I mean). The atmosphere was fine, you didn't feel particularly cramped or trapped, and I was personally rather pleased to get a wristband that said PEN15 on it.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 07 Oct 2020, 09:08

DJ wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 00:13
As wave after wave of flowing football continued and with Halesowen back to their best, Cobourne burst forward and set up MANNING to finish superbly and make it 4-0 in the 51st minute.
We need to frame these bits of the match reports for years to come

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Oct 2020, 09:09

piearce9 wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 08:58
Westyeltz wrote:
Just in The Shed. Basically Rob was at the one end and he gave you a numbered wrist band to wear and that's where you needed to stand. There were plenty of "pens" available, I wandered round for the second half and got a spot behind the goal. It's worth saying as well that the little chain fences were markers in between each pen - it's not like you're standing IN the fence (if you know what I mean). The atmosphere was fine, you didn't feel particularly cramped or trapped, and I was personally rather pleased to get a wristband that said PEN15 on it.
I've only just got that...

???

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Oct 2020, 09:51

Brilliant. Made me chuckle 😃

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 07 Oct 2020, 09:58

piearce9 wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 08:58
Westyeltz wrote:
Very good Piearce ;D and thanks for the explanation.

So basically, we were going to pens before the game, as opposed to the FA Cup, where we saw 90 minutes of football first. That's novel. ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2020, 10:27

Glad Josh picked up on Molly's performance last night. A bit of an unsung hero with all the pacy players taking the plaudits last night. Workrate superb, gave us, and gives us every week, that something different up front. While some of the others are looking indispensable HE would actually be the first name on my teamsheet.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Oct 2020, 14:01

andy wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 10:27
Glad Josh picked up on Molly's performance last night. A bit of an unsung hero with all the pacy players taking the plaudits last night. Workrate superb, gave us, and gives us every week, that something different up front. While some of the others are looking indispensable HE would actually be the first name on my teamsheet.
I've said this a number of times, there's about 5 players I'd put first on our team sheet. Including two left wing backs...

Figure that one out!

Molly has been excellent so far this season, and his effort against Barton, produced the best save I can recall seeing live.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Oct 2020, 14:12

Absolutely. Scores his fair share too.