Barton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barton Updates

Post by andy » 26 Sep 2020, 16:39

That save was world class. Banks from Pele..
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Sep 2020, 17:06

Not impressed at all. That was just disjointed and baffling. I don't understand how we can go from the 7-1 on Saturday, to that?

I understand and respect Paul Smith's attitude and stance with the potential troublemakers. But there isn't something right with the team right now. Something clearly isn't right in the dressing room, perhaps. It's not clicking.

Also, when it wasn't working, we had limited choices on the bench. As it stands, and I'm saying this with the expectation that Bowen will leave, this current squad, isn't anywhere near last seasons squad, but it's still enough quality to play better than today.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 26 Sep 2020, 17:15

Not sure I fully agree with all of that. Ashmore, Gibson, Wright, and Piggott out with Gregory, Carter, Westwood, and Holmes in feels reasonable enough business. But definitely disjointed today and as someone said further up, too many square pegs in round holes. Looked to me like we were missing a bit of mongrel; obviously clueless as to what’s gone on, but can’t help feeling Bowen surging down the left may have given us some of that, and I’d rather Ali played in the middle.

Hey ho. No need for doom and gloom, but certainly seen better.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Sep 2020, 17:21

Absolutely agree with all of that. We miss Bowen, gob on a stick and all. Ali did ok, but he isnt my first choice centre back, no where near. Imho we gotta start with Molly, Parsons and Bowen. Holmes is obviously very gifted but he was mobbed out and kept the ball too long at times. For me the game changed with the 3 subs.

I also think we'll miss Sammons more than has been said so far.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 26 Sep 2020, 17:31

drummyb wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 17:21
Absolutely agree with all of that. We miss Bowen, gob on a stick and all. Ali did ok, but he isnt my first choice centre back, no where near. Imho we gotta start with Molly, Parsons and Bowen. Holmes is obviously very gifted but he was mobbed out and kept the ball too long at times. For me the game changed with the 3 subs.

I also think we'll miss Sammons more than has been said so far.
I agree; the forward line before the subs was not right at all. Cobourne down the middle with Manning and Holmes wide was not working and they were too far apart.

There was a lot of pressure and corners galore near the end but I think Barton deserved to take something. Winning so easily last week was maybe a bit misleading but it’s early days.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Sep 2020, 17:38

The draw was about right given the fall of the chances. We just struggled to get the break although I think you gotta hand a lot of credit to Barton who not only defended well but played positively and looked dangerous in attack.

Looks as though we’re still looking to find the best system for this set of players and it might take a while before we look totally fluid. A couple of new injuries won’t have helped.

Robbie Bunn was the standout player for me today (and McCone as always). A few players didn’t look quite at their best, but no need for panic or concern.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Sep 2020, 17:40

Strange one to sum up. Agree with a lot of what has already been said. I do have to add though that Barton came to do a job and did it very well. As many men behind the ball as possible followed by quick counter attacks. They had done their homework. We may see a lot of other sides come and do this to us. It is up to us to mix and match it to find ways of winning games. I'm not too down as the individual talent is there for all to see, it's just getting the right combinations for each game and being prepared to change it when it's going wrong. The subs definitely have done that today and I would start Molineux each game anyway. He gives us that 'something different'. Today we got what we deserved, a point, and I'm sure Paul will have in his mind how we will improve on today's performance with the undoubted talent we have.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Sep 2020, 17:44

At the final whistle the punching of the air from a couple of their players is starting to show what we suspected. We are everybody's cup final. We are going to have to work doubly hard sometimes to overcome that.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Sep 2020, 17:49

Why were there only 4 fixtures in our division today?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 26 Sep 2020, 17:53

FA Trophy (we have Corby away next I believe after they dispatched Soham 3-0).

Remembering it was Barton at home last season where Bowen danced in front of their keeper after their time wasting proved fruitless late on. Strong and awkward I’d describe them today.