dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Concord Updates

Post by dazzlingdazza » 06 Sep 2020, 19:46

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:30
dalevillain wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 09:54
Still heartbroken and gutted from yesterday but at the same time immensely proud of each and every one of the players and every one at the club as to how far we have come to get to this stage and the fact we are gutted at losing to a team 2 leagues above speaks volumes for that.

Feels even more gutting that as mentioned Concord weren’t all that either. Whilst I do not wish to slag off Paul Smith in the slightest, I do feel that his team selection wouldn’t have been my selection, but easy to look back and say that now I guess.

I think had the season carried on as normal we would have beat them easy over two legs. It just wasn’t meant to be for us but it’s been an emotional rollercoaster and away days at Barnet and Halifax will never be forgotten. In theory we shouldn’t have even got this far but the dream was there.

Whilst I fully appreciate the league is more important, yesterday hurts a lot. I’m not old and fortunate enough to have witnessed the Vase years so I just wanted to see us at Wembley and the fact we’re not is truly heartbreaking and will take a bit to get over.
Agree with most of that.

I feel like we lost the match, rather than Concord winning it. Like has been said in other posts, they weren't that good, and they were there for the taking. I don't think we were at our best, like we were for the Halifax and Barnet victories. Overall, I have an immense feeling of disappointment, as I more than believed we could have beaten Concord, and gone on to actually win the competition.

I guess the fact I'm disappointed, gutted, and frankly, upset, that we narrowly lost to a team two divisions above us, speaks volumes about the job Paul Smith has done here. To even have a realistic chance at Wembley is incredible, given where we were when Smith walked through the door.

Tactic wise, I think Paul was right to try and go more direct. Cobourne had the beating of their back four time and time again. We looked threatening every time we went forward. Ultimately two sloppy goals cost us the tie.

The dream is over, for now, we can concentrate on this season, and winning the league. Which is a must. I believe we would have won the league last season, but it wouldn't have been easy, with Berko pushing us. In all honesty, I expect us to run away with the league this time around. I know that may come across as arrogant, but this squad is better than last seasons squad. I really do believe we will storm it this season.

What an incredible journey the Trophy run has been, I am immensely proud of the efforts and hard work that Smith, the players, staff and volunteers have given the Yeltz. My pride and enjoyment in following this club has been restored, after the abysmal Lynch era. That is worth more than any Wembley appearance. I hope Paul Smith, Karen, Keith and the players are made aware of what they have brought this club. It really is fantastic.

Thank you.
Spot on Josh. Here here mate.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Sep 2020, 20:36

The thing is, if Halifax had beaten us, no-one would have been too upset or not have expected it. Likewise Barnet. No-one expected us to get this far. And in any other season, we probably wont. Of course its disappointing after the run we've had. However, realistically and emotions aside, a club at our level or a league above shouldnt win the FA Trophy. Look at the list of past winners, ex league and huge non league Clubs. In context, we've always been knocked out in the qualifying rounds as long as I can remember. It speaks volumes of the hope that run gave us and the progress we made in one season. I just hope its a stepping stone and I am so grateful for everone running the club/team.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 06 Sep 2020, 22:29

Let's get this into perspective.
We punched well above our weight and surprised everyone - including ourselves.
I'm disappointed that we couldn't make the final step to put a marker into our club's history.
However, I'm not 'gutted' and emotionally distraught, but I am immensely proud of our team, manager, owners and above all my fellow fans for the excitement and pleasure that we've experienced.
The Trophy run is over so let us focus on the one thing that MUST happen - PROMOTION.
Nothing else matters from now on.
We cannot fail this time!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Sep 2020, 07:19

We didnt fail last time....a chinese bat screwed us over!!! >:D ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 07 Sep 2020, 08:05

I didn't say we failed last time.
I said we mustn't fail THIS time.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Sep 2020, 09:18

lutleyyeltz wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 08:05
I didn't say we failed last time.
I said we mustn't fail THIS time.
Pedant ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 07 Sep 2020, 10:04

You betcha!👍

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Sep 2020, 12:53

drummyb wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 07:19
We didnt fail last time....a chinese bat screwed us over!!! >:D ;)
;D ;D ;D

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 07 Sep 2020, 17:00

Did yourselves and everyone connected with the club proud, a fantastic club, great management, marvellous owners and fantastic supporters!!!
Gave us a few great away days on a fabulous cup run , enjoyed every moment ... should all be proud of yourselves... now go and win the league in style this season.... and hopefully we'll be over to watch a few games and catch up over a beer 🍻 cheers H T F C. Supporters club..... Coventry branch 😏😉

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 07 Sep 2020, 19:19

Not as it matters one bit, we are immensely proud of everyone involved with this club but did anyone get a good view or see a replay of the appeal we had for a penalty in the second half? Looked a good shout for me at the time and several players appealed straight away.