Kempston Rovers

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kempston Rovers

Post by uncle jack and coke » 08 Mar 2020, 16:37

I think a word of praise is due to the assistant referee on the dugout side.
I don’t know how many people saw but he was checking the net at the shed end as the young mascot was taking his shot against Bunn. As the ball crossed the line he waved his flag as though he was attracting the ref’s attention and then pointed his flag at the halfway line indicating the ball had crossed the line. A lovely touch I thought

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 08 Mar 2020, 19:49

811 attendance shows what a good Cup run can do. Even if the extra 300 never come to another match (unlikely) that's another £2 grand plus in the war chest for next season. And if we can turn 100 of those into committed supporters that is many thousands of pounds for the future. Yesterday's performance would certainly have helped with that ambition, at times it was breathtaking.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 08 Mar 2020, 20:19

Great result , in control all game.. played some good football and a fantastic turn out of 800 plus.... on the down side... as the crowd gets bigger facilities need improving.... took 25 mins to get some food at halftime and the que for a beer was well out the door.... just an observation as hopefully next season 800 plus will be a regular fixture with some games being double if not treble that amount...... every game is now a cup final... and should be treated as so.....

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Mar 2020, 06:53

Scribbler wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 20:19
Great result , in control all game.. played some good football and a fantastic turn out of 800 plus.... on the down side... as the crowd gets bigger facilities need improving.... took 25 mins to get some food at halftime and the que for a beer was well out the door.... just an observation as hopefully next season 800 plus will be a regular fixture with some games being double if not treble that amount...... every game is now a cup final... and should be treated as so.....
Queuing for food has always been a small issue when the gate gets anything over 400 or so.

I'm not sure what can be done, other than build extra cafe huts around the ground, which will cost money and need extra volunteers.

It's a great issue for the club to have, I guess.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 09 Mar 2020, 07:14

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 06:53
Scribbler wrote:
Queuing for food has always been a small issue when the gate gets anything over 400 or so.

I'm not sure what can be done, other than build extra cafe huts around the ground, which will cost money and need extra volunteers.

Shouldn’t have taken down the Wendy House after all 🙈

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 09 Mar 2020, 11:08

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
Scribbler wrote:

For the semi final maybe get external caterers in- something like these converted caravans- and place one at the Stourbr*dge Road end of the ground??

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 09 Mar 2020, 16:22

Rich wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 11:08
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
Scribbler wrote:

For the semi final maybe get external caterers in- something like these converted caravans- and place one at the Stourbr*dge Road end of the ground??
never fear ... all in hand ;D

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 09 Mar 2020, 20:06

[/quote]

Shouldn’t have taken down the Wendy House after all 🙈
[/quote]

Best thing that ever happend to the Wendy House was taking it down.

More outlets will be available on 21st March.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Mar 2020, 17:44

Sur le bolloque - as usual JC!