Them Berko's

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Them Berko's

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Mar 2020, 05:56

Such a disappointing and frustrating loss. But entirely understandable given the efforts over 120 minutes on Saturday, and the fact Berko had no game on Saturday.

Such an unfortunate time to play your title rivals.

Let's back this team on Saturday, to help push them over the line. They bloody deserve all the support they can get!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 04 Mar 2020, 06:30

Anyone have any idea what the injury situation is? Montel obviously on crutches on Saturday and looked like Bowen might have a knock too.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Mar 2020, 08:07

It's just a bit concerning for me we can't beat the teams around us. In the 4 games we've played against the other 3 in the top 4 we've managed 1 point.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 04 Mar 2020, 08:09

As others have posted, and agree with all, a culmination of events of why we lost tonight.... but no need to worry, only lost 1-0 and could have nicked a point at the end..... need a rest and get back to winning ways on Saturday... and hope that the injury list doesn't grow as games come thick and fast !!!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Mar 2020, 08:21

andy wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 08:07
It's just a bit concerning for me we can't beat the teams around us. In the 4 games we've played against the other 3 in the top 4 we've managed 1 point.
Interesting point. Especially when we have a home game against Berko, and have to vist Welwyn Garden, still to come.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Mar 2020, 09:38

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 08:21
andy wrote:
Interesting point. Especially when we have a home game against Berko, and have to vist Welwyn Garden, still to come.
And we owe them one. Horrible mob.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Mar 2020, 09:43

fairweatherfan wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 06:30
Anyone have any idea what the injury situation is? Montel obviously on crutches on Saturday and looked like Bowen might have a knock too.
Bowen was 1 of the subs last night so think he is ok.
Just 1 game to many last night.
We looked a bit jaded and to be fair Berkhamstead never gave us a second. Hassled us all over the pitch. It certainly showed we had played 120 mins on a bog and they had a weekend with their feet up.
The boys never gave in but it just didnt click and the clearer chances were theres.
We seemed to lack a bit of height and on a pitch which had ironically dried out too much as the ball was bouncing everywhere.
Still our title to lose though if we make use of our games in hand.
Hopefully a few days rest and the boys will come out firing again on Saturday

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Mar 2020, 10:32

andy wrote:
2 losses early in the season though just as the squad was still being formed, then last night after the exploits of the weekend.
Corby away was a no lose game and a draw certainly better for us at the time

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Mar 2020, 10:47

For whatever different reasons it's still 1 point from 12. We've still got some very tricky away games and Berkhamstead at home. Some are saying last night is explainable because of a tough match Saturday, well get used to it because EVERY week will be the same now until the end of the season. Not trying to put a dampener on anything, just really think this could to turn into a slog. Genuinely hope I'm wrong, this team have proved resilient up to now.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 04 Mar 2020, 10:57

andy wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 10:47
For whatever different reasons it's still 1 point from 12. We've still got some very tricky away games and Berkhamstead at home. Some are saying last night is explainable because of a tough match Saturday, well get used to it because EVERY week will be the same now until the end of the season. Not trying to put a dampener on anything, just really think this could to turn into a slog. Genuinely hope I'm wrong, this team have proved resilient up to now.
While I broadly agree, you'd hope that Kempston Rovers at home over 90 minutes wouldn't quite take it out of them like 120 against Barnet on a bog. Also think that while we have a squad of 18 or 19 excellent players, some are more excellent than others and any side (at step 3 or 4 at least) that doesn't contain Robbie Bunn or Montel Gibson isn't going to be quite as good.

We have a run now against teams nearer the bottom than the top- fingers crossed we can put some clear blue water between us and the others before the trickier games kick in. I really can't see Berkhamsted and Corby winning all their games from here until the end of the season, but then I said the same about Leicester.