Stourport

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Stourport

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Dec 2011, 20:38

YeltzDoc wrote:Apols to HH who dutifully kept updating me, even as I was vomiting in the ditch in the middle of a cheeky Boxing Day 20.
You really shouldn't drink 20 pints with a marathon coming up soon..............disappointing............ ::)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Dec 2011, 11:48

All in all a good performance. Some of the earlier and late sloppiness may have cost us against better teams, but that was never likely against a very poor Stourport. Jones and Chiltern were my pick outs for the day, but everybody put in a good shift. It could have been many more, but hopefully we will have saved some of them for when better opposition arrive on saturday.

Steve1
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve1 » 27 Dec 2011, 22:29

Poll wrote:Latest Halesowen Town 4 Stourport Swifts 1 Bridges penalty 80th, absolutely appalling decision by the ref.
Really? I thought blocking a shot with both arms was illegal unless you are the goalkeeper, I could be wrong though and luckily it didn't matter as the game was won by that stage. Haven't seen much of Yeltz this season, but first 20 mins or so of 2nd half were excellent, albeit against a pretty average Stourport.

RichardG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RichardG » 28 Dec 2011, 10:21

Steve1 wrote:
Poll wrote:Latest Halesowen Town 4 Stourport Swifts 1 Bridges penalty 80th, absolutely appalling decision by the ref.
Really? I thought blocking a shot with both arms was illegal unless you are the goalkeeper, I could be wrong though and luckily it didn't matter as the game was won by that stage. Haven't seen much of Yeltz this season, but first 20 mins or so of 2nd half were excellent, albeit against a pretty average Stourport.
I'm guessing the issue is that it seemed the ball was blasted at the Yeltz player from about 6inches away giving him no chance to avoid it. It least, that's the way it appeared to me from the Shed! ;) The reaction from those around me seemed to be one of bemusement. Still, as you say, it didn't affect things. Having said that, if it had been 1-1....

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 29 Dec 2011, 12:30

nice to see the players in the yeltz bar after match, all in it together..bringing the spirit of htfc back again.