Thame

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: Thame

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Jan 2020, 21:24

Beautiful. Important goal.

Corby 2 up. Let's hold on!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

User avatar
andy
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 18:43

Re: Thame

Post by andy » 28 Jan 2020, 21:39

Ft
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 517
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 18:15

Re: Thame

Post by drummyb » 28 Jan 2020, 22:12

I dont think it flowed first half tbh, although we should have had a penalty and a couple of goalmouth scrambles. Second half a bit better but changed completely with the rejigged front line, just seemed to have a bit more of a threat. Mollys persistance made that goal. I thought in fairness, the Kids from Thame (80's reference there), organised well. Cant remember a single effort of theirs but they made it very very difficult.

My toes have frostbite I think. Bitterly cold out.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: Thame

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Jan 2020, 22:14

drummyb wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:12
I dont think it flowed first half tbh, although we should have had a penalty and a couple of goalmouth scrambles. Second half a bit better but changed completely with the rejigged front line, just seemed to have a bit more of a threat. Mollys persistance made that goal. I thought in fairness, the Kids from Thame (80's reference there), organised well. Cant remember a single effort of theirs but they made it very very difficult.

My toes have frostbite I think. Bitterly cold out.
They hit the bar! They actually created a couple of decent chances!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

User avatar
andy
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 18:43

Re: Thame

Post by andy » 28 Jan 2020, 22:17

I said before the start of the game I'd take a scrappy 1-0 and that's what we got. Persistence paid off in the end and we may have to carve a few more of those out before the end of the season. At the end of the day it's as good as a classy 5-0, 3 points on the board. Well done lads!
Last edited by andy on 28 Jan 2020, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 517
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 18:15

Re: Thame

Post by drummyb » 28 Jan 2020, 22:19

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:14
drummyb wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:12
I dont think it flowed first half tbh, although we should have had a penalty and a couple of goalmouth scrambles. Second half a bit better but changed completely with the rejigged front line, just seemed to have a bit more of a threat. Mollys persistance made that goal. I thought in fairness, the Kids from Thame (80's reference there), organised well. Cant remember a single effort of theirs but they made it very very difficult.

My toes have frostbite I think. Bitterly cold out.
They hit the bar! They actually created a couple of decent chances!
They may have but I cant remember them tbh!!

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 236
Joined: 04 May 2011, 20:51

Re: Thame

Post by DJ » 28 Jan 2020, 22:20

BetVictor Southern League - Division One Central – Tuesday, 28th January 2020

Halesowen Town 1 Thame United 0

Patient Halesowen had to wait for Montel Gibson’s late solitary goal to overcome Thame’s stubborn resistance, writes DJ.

The Yeltz were without captain Paul McCone and started the game with three prominent strikers on the bench. Luke Yates won the ball down the right and crossed for on-loan Jack Holmes to fire over the bar after 7 minutes. But Thame battled away all evening and Daniel West struck a 19th minute free-kick at Yeltz goalkeeper Bradley Catlow from just outside the penalty area. A 22nd minute shot from Lyndon Goss then rebounded back off the home crossbar with Catlow beaten.

A 31st minute cross from Holmes was cut out by Thame goalkeeper Craig Hill and Holmes crossed for McKauley Manning to fire wide a minute later. A 34th minute effort from Simeon Cobourne brought a good save from Hill at the second attempt with Manning unable to meet the rebound as Halesowen proved unable to break down the Red Kites in first half.

Thame’s Greg Hackett struck a low 20 yard shot past the post in the 40th minute before Cobourne had a good shout for a Yeltz penalty denied in the final minute of the first half and was unfortunately carried off injured in the process.

Halesowen continued to be frustrated at the start of the second period and Hill made a great double save after a 47th minute corner from Ash Sammons was met with substitute Montel Gibson’s header. Gibson then burst forward to hit tamely at Hill in the 57th minute and was blocked out again after an hour. Another Holmes shot was deflected for a 61st minute corner and Sammons fired over the bar as the ball broke free a minute later.

The Red Kites continued to work hard and an Ashworth chance was blocked in the 63rd minute. But after a couple of further substitutes, the Yeltz finally made the all important breakthrough when goalkeeper Hill couldn’t gather substitute Jamie Molyneux’s 78th minute shot and goal-poacher GIBSON was on hand to force the ball into the net from close range.

Halesowen Town: Bradley Catlow; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen, Ash Sammons, Rob Evans, Jordan Piggott, Josh Hawker, McKauley Manning, Simeon Cobourne (Montel Gibson 46), Luke Yates (Jamie Molyneux 68), Jack Holmes (Isai Marselia 68). Subs Not Used: Ahmed Ali, Robbie Bunn.

Thame United: Craig Hill; Jordy Ngathe, Matthew Peake-Pijnen, Ben Sturgess, David Lynn, Thomas Ashworth, Gregory Hackett, Jack Tutton (Liam Tack 88), Lynton Goss, Daniel West, Ryan Blake. Subs Not Used: Jordan Balogun, Ben Johnson, Matthew Timberlake (GK)

Referee: Niall Smith Attendance: 304
Booked: Ashworth (27), Ngathe (67), Bowen (67), Blake (72), Marselia (75)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 517
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 18:15

Re: Thame

Post by drummyb » 28 Jan 2020, 22:27

drummyb wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:19
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:14
drummyb wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:12
I dont think it flowed first half tbh, although we should have had a penalty and a couple of goalmouth scrambles. Second half a bit better but changed completely with the rejigged front line, just seemed to have a bit more of a threat. Mollys persistance made that goal. I thought in fairness, the Kids from Thame (80's reference there), organised well. Cant remember a single effort of theirs but they made it very very difficult.

My toes have frostbite I think. Bitterly cold out.
They hit the bar! They actually created a couple of decent chances!
They may have but I cant remember them tbh!!
And I still cant remember it even after the match report :-\

User avatar
andy
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 18:43

Re: Thame

Post by andy » 28 Jan 2020, 22:33

drummyb wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:27
drummyb wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:19
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 22:14


They hit the bar! They actually created a couple of decent chances!
They may have but I cant remember them tbh!!
And I still cant remember it even after the match report :-\
The one off the bar had been flagged offside.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

User avatar
andy
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 18:43

Re: Thame

Post by andy » 28 Jan 2020, 22:42

Attendance tonight 304. Very disappointing. It's all well and good having more than that at Corby and 4 coaches going to Halifax for frankly a less meaningful game, the team deserve better support for bread and butter games like tonight as well.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Post Reply