andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Maidenhead United FA Trophy 2nd

Post by andy » 16 Jan 2020, 17:16

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 14:29
JohnC wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:36
Indeed the term "Saturday football" is an FA language of it's own. As it includes league matches Saturday and Midweek, together with any FA Trophy or FA Cup on any day of the week.

If you all remember the "County Cup" is not seen as a proper competition by the FA so is not included. Last year Lee Hughes was able to play at Tamworth in County Cup whilst suspended either side in league or cup matches for being red carded at Royston.

Suspension's don't kick in for 7 days in vast majority of cases so Jamie was unavailable last week and has two more matches to serve, weather permitting Saturday and Tuesday.

I won't bore you all with competition specific yellow cards when reach certain levels by certain timings mean a ban from that competition. Each competition has different numbers and timings.

Thank goodness for spreadsheets.

Businesses many years ago underwent "crystal" to make documentation simple to understand. It appears the FA have yet to do this which would prevent emails and calls asking for clarification of certain rules and regulations.
This might well reduce the fines imposed on clubs.
All seems needlessly complicated.

How much sense would it make to have a one rule for all competitions;

5 yellow cards = 1 match ban.
10 yellow cards = 3 match ban.

Suspensions apply immediately, and includes all competitions.

You can argue about the amount of cards needed, and the ban, if you wish, but you get the point! Or am I talking rubbish, as usual?
Yeah good info John. I fully understand how clubs fall foul of rules due to their inconsistency.
Josh, you have encapsulated one of my bug bears in one sentence. 'One rule for all competitions'. The FA, Premier League, Football League, FIFA, UEFA, the jokes we have played under, all want to have their own rules. Even rules that VAR are now working under are different to games that don't have it, so they are obviously not about to change their ways any time soon. You are absolutely right that the world over at every level EVERY rule should be the same. But then I guess there would be no need for these body's to exist anymore. Not that I'm being skeptical......
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Magnus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Magnus » 16 Jan 2020, 19:25

re Sunday games: try Eastwood Hanley - 20+ years ago

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Jan 2020, 08:03

Magnus wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 19:25
Also Rushden at home 12 April 1987 1-1 Paul Joinson our scorer

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 17 Jan 2020, 09:20

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 08:03
Magnus wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 19:25
Also Rushden at home 12 April 1987 1-1 Paul Joinson our scorer
well done Chas . We were talking about this last night and I was convinced that we had a Sunday game at the Grove, but nobody else could remember.

Any recollection why any of these games were Sunday ?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Jan 2020, 12:17

The Staffs Senior Cup Final v Eastwood Hanley was on 11th May 1986. This was our last Wembley Vase final which would have inevitably brought a fixture backlog. We'd played the day before, winning 3 0 at Armitage:
10-May-86 ARMITAGE A 3 0 PEMBERTON PENN SHERWOOD* WARNER RANDLE WESTON RHODES MOSS* WOODHOUSE JOINSON P* JOINSON L sub LACEY
11-May-86 EASTWOOD H.(SSC) A 0 1 PEMBERTON PENN SHERWOOD LACEY RANDLE HEATH RHODES MOSS WOODHOUSE JOINSON P JOINSON L subs SMITH D WESTON
Our season finished 2 games later on 16th May with a home match against Tamworth, which was played at Tividale and the reason why I forget but it may have been because work started on the pitch and ground alterations which were required for the next season, our first, In Southern League.
Certainly playing home matches at alternative venues became more common in the 86/87 season when particularly the works on the pitch proved problematic. We started the season with 4 away matches including the never to be forgotten first one at Merthyr Tydfil when we were 3-1 down with 20 minutes to go and won 5-3. We used Lye's ground for the home FA Cup, tie v Ampthill on 13/9/86 and then played for the first time on the new pitch Buckingham at The Grove on 20/9/86. As the autumn storms arrived, drainage problems soon arose and I am haunted by the sight of Gary Shaw floundering in puddles in front of the Stourbr*dge Rd end on 1/11/86 against Villa in Brum Senior, which was a rare Saturday Senior Cup tie. Home matches were then moved to Lye & Kiddy until the problems were solved. After 31st March 1987 we didn't play until the Sunday against Rushden then matches followed on 14, 16, 18, 20,22,23, 25, 26, 29, 30 as I expect the Southern League were less receptive to a season extension than the West Midlands League had been in our Wembley Vase years.