Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kidlington Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 04 Jan 2020, 16:56

Full time: 1.1

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Jan 2020, 17:03

Apparently chances missed but maybe a point gained? We're 3rd again but now only 6 points behind Corby with 3 games in hand after their defeat at Coleshill.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Jan 2020, 17:56

The ref was not the reason we dropped points, that's on us, we were poor. But he was a disgrace today. The worst refereeing performance I've seen in a while.

I thought we lost the midfield battle today, and our inability to win second balls cost us.

That being said, it's a point gained. If we'd have won 6-0 today, and Corby won, we'd be buzzing.

But we've drawn, and Corby lost, and we've earned a point over them, it somehow feels disappointing.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Jan 2020, 19:38

Sounds disappointing today and follows the trend of late. I think the squad is knackered and this month could be a very long slog. What can you do when we play Tuesday / Saturday for the foreseeable?

One other observation is that we do look so much more comfortable with a back 3 than in a 4. I think we shift to a 4-3-3 when we want to be more offensive but it doesn’t have the required effect and we just look error-prone at the back.

PS- Anyone know where the skipper and Simeon were today?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Jan 2020, 19:44

piearce9 wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 19:38
Sounds disappointing today and follows the trend of late. I think the squad is knackered and this month could be a very long slog. What can you do when we play Tuesday / Saturday for the foreseeable?

One other observation is that we do look so much more comfortable with a back 3 than in a 4. I think we shift to a 4-3-3 when we want to be more offensive but it doesn’t have the required effect and we just look error-prone at the back.

PS- Anyone know where the skipper and Simeon were today?
McCone had an injury, hopefully be back Next Saturday.

Not sure about Simeon, he's still with us.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Jan 2020, 19:51

Cheers Josh.
piearce9 wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 19:38
Sounds disappointing today and follows the trend of late.
Also, I just read this comment back and realised it sounds ridiculously negative in the circumstances. Not intended to be negative, just think this run of fixtures is having an impact.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 04 Jan 2020, 19:57

Certainly the worst performance of the season by a long way. I agree that we don 't look as comfortable with a back 4. Maybe we need to freshen up the squad. Presumably Molyneux will have a 3 match ban for his red card so let us hope that Simeon is available.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Jan 2020, 20:05

Simons wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 19:57
Certainly the worst performance of the season by a long way. I agree that we don 't look as comfortable with a back 4. Maybe we need to freshen up the squad. Presumably Molyneux will have a 3 match ban for his red card so let us hope that Simeon is available.
I'd have a go at rescinding it.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 04 Jan 2020, 21:08

A very poor game today, maybe the pitch didn't help.. but no excuse, same for both teams,.. an earlier post said we lost the midfield battle.... there wasn't a lot of football played today especially in midfield,as again we resorted to playing a long ball game...it doesn't work... it hasn't worked for the last two seasons and the teams who win are generally the ones who play a nice passing game.. keeping the ball...moving forward as a team.. building an attack... playing sideways, backwards being patient.... which is what the team has done so well at , the games I've watched this season... a pleasure to watch.... today was like watching the last two years.. just pumping long passes forward....some players did look tired.. one or two didn't look up for it... but if you want to win the league every game is a cup final.... get back to playing out from the back.. short creative passing... more so when the team is tired... let the ball do the work... long ball punts up the park don't work... even on bad pitches.....