Manager Interview: https://youtu.be/aVlJVYhhYDM
Player Interview: https://youtu.be/pQubntXr_7c

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gateshead Updates

Post by dalevillain » 24 Nov 2019, 00:27

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 21:08
Genuine question here, and I may get shot down...

I'm struggling to think of a better and more import win than this, since the small matter of Belper away.

Is that as ridiculous as it sounds?
I think you might be right, apart from the Stourbr*dge derby wins - which were big but only really for bragging rights, they had no bearing on league position etc.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Nov 2019, 00:56

YeltzTV wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 23:50
Halesowen Town 1 - 0 Gateshead
23/11/2019

Match Highlights: https://youtu.be/uwuBMEkjnTU
Manager Interview: https://youtu.be/aVlJVYhhYDM
Player Interview: https://youtu.be/pQubntXr_7c
When Bunn went walkabout towards the end, and their big lad nicked it of him and waltzed into the box, before calmly sidefooting it wide of an empty net, did I really hear someone shout, “Savo!”?

😂😂😂

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 24 Nov 2019, 09:33

another plus yesterday was seeing Yeltz legends in the crowd which also brought memories flooding back .... Lee and Paul Joinson, Mark Penn and Eldon Maquemba and I suspect John Woodhouse was there as well ... did anybody spot more?

cdr80
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by cdr80 » 24 Nov 2019, 09:52

Hi, I brought a home shirt and scalf yesterday for my old man, but left it under my seat in the Harry Rudge Stand, don’t suppose anyone on here found it and handed it in?

cdr80
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by cdr80 » 24 Nov 2019, 09:56

Just found out someone handed it in, thank you to whoever did.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Nov 2019, 10:46

dalevillain wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 00:27
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 21:08
Genuine question here, and I may get shot down...

I'm struggling to think of a better and more import win than this, since the small matter of Belper away.

Is that as ridiculous as it sounds?
I think you might be right, apart from the Stourbr*dge derby wins - which were big but only really for bragging rights, they had no bearing on league position etc.
I don't count the Stourbr*dge wins as big occasions. They got us 3 points, in an otherwise dull period of Yeltz history, where we achieved nothing.

Yes they were enjoyable, but meant nothing in the bigger picture, did they?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

SpongeDad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SpongeDad » 24 Nov 2019, 10:54

As I've mentioned on here before ive been a wolves supporter since I was a kid and this is my first season watching Halesowen. I'm sitting at home far happier about the halesowen result yesterday than the wolves one. I don't know if I'm getting carried away but I feel like that was one of the best games I've ever been to. I feel like I'm watching proper football again

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Nov 2019, 11:47

SpongeDad wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 10:54
As I've mentioned on here before ive been a wolves supporter since I was a kid and this is my first season watching Halesowen. I'm sitting at home far happier about the halesowen result yesterday than the wolves one. I don't know if I'm getting carried away but I feel like that was one of the best games I've ever been to. I feel like I'm watching proper football again
I'm not sure about being one of the best games to have attended. But it's certainly up there with the best Yeltz performances I've seen.

Considering the opposition, I'm struggling to think of better performances? (anyone want to argue this? I'm still on a high after yesterday, so could be talking bollocks!).

Yes, we rode our luck early on, and at times during the 2nd half, especially when Bunn thought he was Lionel Messi! But for the majority of the game we absolutely bossed it. Chances were limited, for both sides, but I thought we created the more and the better chances.

Hewitt, again, ran things from midfield. Hawker was fantastic, and broke a lot of Gateshead play down (Hawker has been underrated for us, I think he's a great player), McCone just headed everything away that came his way, Bowen caused them problems down their right hand side. It was just a fantastic all round performance, and we fully deserved the win.

I read their Twitter last night and their fans were hammering their team, saying how awful and embarrassing their performance was and how poor that result was. This team did that to them, with that brilliant performance.

The most pleasing aspect of what we achieved yesterday, was the fact we simply wanted it more. There was only one side going to win that game. To say we have a congested schedule, we didn't look tired at all, and it speaks volumes that we scored late on. That's a massive positive, too.

Old 'uns - where does yesterday rate in terms of performances? Am I getting carried away?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 24 Nov 2019, 12:28

Yes I think given the opposition yesterday it was probably the best result in a good many years from what I can remember anyway. And also it was not a fluke yesterday either, we actually dominated the game and fully deserved our win.

In other games this season where we’ve played higher opposition - Altrincham particularly we’ve more than held our own and we’re unlucky not to get something from that game. I even look back to our first pre season friendly against Solihull Moors who are 3 leagues above us and we were not disgraced then either.

It also speaks volume about the quality and depth in the squad as players like Luke Yates and Robbie Bunn who have both played key roles in the season so far for us were unused sub yesterday.