Daventry Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Daventry Updates

Post by dalevillain » 23 Oct 2019, 12:16

HalesowenHarry wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 11:05
with a squad approaching 20, and an under 21 / 23 side (I've lost track of my own age so no idea how old they are)...... pushing for football, not sure I understand the issue with these games. Once we're knocked out of them all (cups) how do you keep some of these players happy other than shipping them out to the midland football league et al??

Wasn't a bad game last night, we had the lions share of possession but didn't create a lot, the 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of us so early in the second half, but we kept trying. Bunn, Yates and the young lad Simpson made a difference when they came on, but highlight of the night was Brad Ward who was exceptional
I think that’s the most important thing, giving minutes to those who are not regulars as well as trialling a few youth players to give them a chance.

Pleasing to hear that the two young lads took their opportunity and gave a good account of themselves.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 23 Oct 2019, 17:19

Needless to say the gaffer wasn’t happy though....

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/1 ... n-players/

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Oct 2019, 18:04

HalesowenHarry wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 11:05
with a squad approaching 20, and an under 21 / 23 side (I've lost track of my own age so no idea how old they are)...... pushing for football, not sure I understand the issue with these games. Once we're knocked out of them all (cups) how do you keep some of these players happy other than shipping them out to the midland football league et al??

Wasn't a bad game last night, we had the lions share of possession but didn't create a lot, the 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of us so early in the second half, but we kept trying. Bunn, Yates and the young lad Simpson made a difference when they came on, but highlight of
night was Brad Ward who was exceptional
Probably as a one off it hasn't harmed us too much. Take into account though that by next Tuesday we will have already played 13 or 14 cup games. Should we progress in the BSC and Trophy, and had we won last night in the league cup we could conceivably please play over 60 games in a season. No matter how many players we have, and it is only 18, that is far too many if we want to have any hope of winning the league and this year that is ALL that matters.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 24 Oct 2019, 19:07

Daventry Town 2 - 0 Halesowen Town
22nd October 2019

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: https://youtu.be/T7HKLwf9Y3Q
POST MATCH INTERVIEW: https://youtu.be/Cx4ljR-Zi2I