Evesham FAT

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Evesham FAT

Post by piearce9 » 12 Oct 2019, 18:20

Disappointing to have drawn the game from a winning position. Afraid it was another Cat(low) Flap that’s cost us, and another game where we’ve let a weaker team find a goal.

Good Yeltz turnout today though and nice to add another home game into the fixture list.

Lastly, and I’ve been meaning to write this for weeks, but I aired some doubts over Paul McCone’s ability when we signed him. He’s been a rock in the back line and a leader on the pitch so I’m happy to retract those comments and shove my original opinion in the proverbial.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Oct 2019, 18:36

andy wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 15:21
Att 382
154 Yeltz fans according to Fakebook. Bloody good turn out I think.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Oct 2019, 18:52

drummyb wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 18:36
andy wrote:
Att 382
I'd have said more than that. How do the club know the exact figure? That confuses me!

Which doesn't take much, admittedly.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Oct 2019, 19:01

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 18:52
drummyb wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 18:36
andy wrote:
Att 382
I'd have said more than that. How do the club know the exact figure? That confuses me!

Which doesn't take much, admittedly.
I dunno mate. Maybe away fans get different colour tickets. On a side note, Ive never seen the point in tickets for non league games. Much prefer our antiquated way of counting supporters on a sheet of paper.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Oct 2019, 20:04

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 17:10
That's the first time under the Paul Smith era I've left the game feeling disappointed in the performance. Did we play bad? No. But it was very flat. Is there a case for 'after the Lord's Mayor show' today, after last week's game?

Going down to ten men killed us. But saying that, we did look capable of scoring on the break, and created some good chances.

First half Evesham rarely troubled us, and we shaded a close first half, where we were limited to a few half chances and long range shots.

Second half they were the better side, and their goal was coming, and deserved.

McCone was the pick of the Yeltz men, again. Absolutely superb at the back.

We must improve greatly to best them in Tuesday evening.
Agree with most of this Josh .....but the pitch was shocking ... that said we must get used to playing on sub standard surfaces in this level, so a great learning curve for me today

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Oct 2019, 20:10

I think we missed the boat in the first half when we were generally on top and, as has already been said, it went a bit flat after the break. I think we'd have won with better support for Gibson up top.

However, we have only kept one clean sheet all season and that was in one of the least important games.

...and Brags didn't get a yellow and looked quite composed throughout.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Oct 2019, 20:24

Brags was good! I know I generally give him a bit of a wind up on his discipline but he was one of their best players. Matt Dodd gave us a lot of trouble second half as well.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Oct 2019, 20:35

piearce9 wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 20:24
Brags was good! I know I generally give him a bit of a wind up on his discipline but he was one of their best players. Matt Dodd gave us a lot of trouble second half as well.
To be fair, he should've got booked. He made a few late challenges, and if we were the home side, he'd have been in the book.

As people will guess from posts over the years, I didn't rate him, but he always gave us his all and was one of about 3 players, out the 50 million we signed over the, course of last season, who gave a damn. I genuinely hope he has a successful stint at Evesham.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 12 Oct 2019, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 12 Oct 2019, 20:40

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 17:10
That's the first time under the Paul Smith era I've left the game feeling disappointed in the performance. Did we play bad? No. But it was very flat. Is there a case for 'after the Lord's Mayor show' today, after last week's game?

Going down to ten men killed us. But saying that, we did look capable of scoring on the break, and created some good chances.

First half Evesham rarely troubled us, and we shaded a close first half, where we were limited to a few half chances and long range shots.

Second half they were the better side, and their goal was coming, and deserved.

McCone was the pick of the Yeltz men, again. Absolutely superb at the back.

We must improve greatly to best them in Tuesday evening.
This post pretty much sums it up. Disappointing to come away with a draw. Played ok first half and had most of the play and looked a threat, have to say 2nd half was arguably the poorest I’ve seen from us this season.

Thought the subs were a bit baffling too and Forsyth seems a bit injury prone so would have made more sense to take him off instead of Sammons who was playing well too, when we went down to 10 men that seemed to kill us.

Least we’re not out of it and let’s hope we can put it right on Tuesday night!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Oct 2019, 20:43

piearce9 wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 18:20
Disappointing to have drawn the game from a winning position. Afraid it was another Cat(low) Flap that’s cost us, and another game where we’ve let a weaker team find a goal.

Good Yeltz turnout today though and nice to add another home game into the fixture list.

Lastly, and I’ve been meaning to write this for weeks, but I aired some doubts over Paul McCone’s ability when we signed him. He’s been a rock in the back line and a leader on the pitch so I’m happy to retract those comments and shove my original opinion in the proverbial.
He missed a clearance in the lead up to the goal we conceded away at North Leigh, other than that I've yet to see him put a foot wrong. He has been outstanding all season.