Alty Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HasburyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alty Updates

Post by HasburyYeltz » 06 Oct 2019, 14:45

Don't think much of the comments made in the non league paper by yhe Altrincham manager, stating that "I thought we created the the real clear cut chances while they were happy to just lob it into the box". Only in the closing stages of the game like all teams in a cup competition. He then goes on to say that "they are punching above their weight". I don't think that's a fair comment. We went down deservedly so last year but, we were going though a massive transition. I think we would compete in the league above with this team and our performances have been consistent since preseason.

Given the two league gap, I wasn't overly impressed with them. I'd suggest that he start to look at his own teams failings given their league position. I would imagine that klopp or pep would have a little more respect if they had just beat Walsall in the cup!

I thought we played well and held our own. Really proud of the team, staff and club for a great performance!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Oct 2019, 15:56

HasburyYeltz wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 14:45
Don't think much of the comments made in the non league paper by yhe Altrincham manager, stating that "I thought we created the the real clear cut chances while they were happy to just lob it into the box". Only in the closing stages of the game like all teams in a cup competition. He then goes on to say that "they are punching above their weight". I don't think that's a fair comment. We went down deservedly so last year but, we were going though a massive transition. I think we would compete in the league above with this team and our performances have been consistent since preseason.

Given the two league gap, I wasn't overly impressed with them. I'd suggest that he start to look at his own teams failings given their league position. I would imagine that klopp or pep would have a little more respect if they had just beat Walsall in the cup!

I thought we played well and held our own. Really proud of the team, staff and club for a great performance!
And they are full time ::)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2019, 16:05

old git wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 15:56
HasburyYeltz wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 14:45

And they are full time ::)
Are they? They didn't look any better than us for it. And what disrespectful views from their manager after we pushed them all the way playing just as much football as they did.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

MidAlty
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MidAlty » 06 Oct 2019, 17:44

We are not full time, every bit as part time as you are.
As for managers comments, Phil Parkinson would definitely not have intended anything in a negative manner, as that is not his way at all.
From a fans perspective, you definitely pushed us all the way, and we rode our luck a little. Over 90 minutes, we deserved the win (just) but would have been different had one of those that hit the post gone in.
A good day out, with 2 good sets of fans mingling and talking without any threat of trouble, quite different to the previous round against Chester!!
All the very best for your promotion push for the rest of the season.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Oct 2019, 17:52

MidAlty wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 17:44
As for managers comments, Phil Parkinson would definitely not have intended anything in a negative manner, as that is not his way at all.
From a fans perspective, you definitely pushed us all the way, and we rode our luck a little. Over 90 minutes, we deserved the win (just) but would have been different had one of those that hit the post gone in.
A good day out, with 2 good sets of fans mingling and talking without any threat of trouble, quite different to the previous round against Chester!!
My apologies, but it was one of your elderly fans who told us that. As to your fans we breathed a sigh of relief when you beat Chester. Having hosted you lot before we knew you were a group like us who just want to enjoy a match with a bit of banter and no Neanderthals in sight. All the best in the next round.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 06 Oct 2019, 20:53

If you hadn’t watched the game and had only listened to this you would have thought we were battered and limited to 30 yard shots.
https://m.soundcloud.com/radio-robins/p ... -halesowen
However you dress it up or down, to me listening to this and reading comments in the paper, he’s disrespectful. However onwards and upwards! #uptheyeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2019, 22:11

old git wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 17:52
MidAlty wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 17:44
My apologies, but it was one of your elderly fans who told us that. As to your fans we breathed a sigh of relief when you beat Chester. Having hosted you lot before we knew you were a group like us who just want to enjoy a match with a bit of banter and no Neanderthals in sight. All the best in the next round.
Two good posts. As OG says, good luck to Alty and a pleasure to have them here. I guess maybe the the managers words could have been misconstrued so let's leave it there.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Oct 2019, 08:43

The post match comments sound like a manager in desperation mode, looking at the league table, he must be under some pressure!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Oct 2019, 08:51

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 08:43
The post match comments sound like a manager in desperation mode, looking at the league table, he must be under some pressure!
absolutely what I thought ,,, you are always going to talk up a success when you are under the cosh. We shouldn't let it cloud the day as their players, officials and supporters were a great bunch after the game and handled their victory with dignity.

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 07 Oct 2019, 16:11

Good afternoon all.

I just wanted to pass on our players, staff and my sincere thanks for your fantastic support on Saturday.
Even in defeat, the applause and support you gave us all at the final whistle was something special.
We are all still devastated in not being able to get you the result you all so richly deserve.
Rest assured we will be back at it tomorrow night and Thursday at training, long season ahead and we can’t wait to give you more occasions like Saturday.
Just hopefully with a better result.

Yours in football Paul