Welwyn

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Welwyn

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Aug 2019, 16:52

andy wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 16:47
They're down. to 9. Last man. We still won't score today though.....
One of them days. At least it's not every week like the last 4 seasons.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Aug 2019, 16:55

Ft. Att 503
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 31 Aug 2019, 17:20

Disappointing, but the manager said he wouldn’t get carried away when we won and wouldn’t get carried away when we lost, which I think is sound guidance tonight.

Lots of players were off their best today and it just didn’t come together. Write it off, get back to the drawing board and form a plan for Tuesday.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Aug 2019, 18:03

Strange one. Although we had most of the play we created few direct chances. Again we struggled against 10 men. Then 9. They managed the game superbly, breaking it up and riling us at every opportunity. They defended like thier lives depended on it. As ADY said we may come up against this a lot. We should have had a penalty, it was half a yard in the box, and from accounts of people in line with the goal had a goal chalked off that was way over as well. We will play worse and win but we can't afford too many like today. My worry is with only 38 games you can't afford to slip too far behind, and Welwyn may prove to be last year's Peterborough. Anyhow, on to tuesday, should be easy, North Leigh only managed a 1-5 away win at St Neots today.......

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Aug 2019, 18:07

andy wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:03
Strange one. Although we had most of the play we created few direct chances. Again we struggled against 10 men. Then 9. They managed the game superbly, breaking it up and riling us at every opportunity. They defended like thier lives depended on it. As ADY said we may come up against this a lot. We should have had a penalty, it was half a yard in the box, and from accounts of people in line with the goal had a goal chalked off that was way over as well. We will play worse and win but we can't afford too many like today. My worry is with only 38 games you can't afford to slip too far behind, and Welwyn may prove to be last year's Peterborough. Anyhow, on to tuesday, should be easy, North Leigh only managed a 1-5 away win at St Neots today.......
I think today is a reality check for both players and fans.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Aug 2019, 18:13

I counted three decent attempts for us and two half decent chances, we made for them, they scored from. They looked a useful side, number 5 in particular. Its just a shame about the blatant cheating, fouling and gamesmanship. I think I have a new team to dislike. Particularily the number 7. How he wasnt sent off for pulling our physio away from an injured player is beyond me.

As others have said, we just didnt click today, bar the first few minutes. I dont think we played badly, but once it got to the wings, the crosses in weren't good enough and they worked hard in the centre to stop us. I think someone in the Shed upset Molineux with a comment with a cross near the end of the game. That soured it a bit for me. I thought number 6 was a bit unlucky to be sent off, however coming back on at the end was positively stupid.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Aug 2019, 18:18

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:07
andy wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:03
I think today is a reality check for both players and fans.
Indeed. Without a doubt we have a good team, but this isnt going to be a walk in the park.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Aug 2019, 18:32

drummyb wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:13
I think someone in the Shed upset Molineux with a comment with a cross near the end of the game. That soured it a bit for me.
If somebody is having a go at players after ONE slightly below par performance they definitely need the reality check ADY has mentioned. Jamie Molineux has been fantastic so far for us this season and I hope he doesn't take it to heart. GET BEHIND THE LADS!!!

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 31 Aug 2019, 23:52

Halesowen 0 - 2 Welwyn Garden City
31st August 2019

Match Highlights: https://youtu.be/smfHpLLdAEA
Post Match Interview: https://youtu.be/FqZKuiUHaPQ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Sep 2019, 08:12

andy wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:32
drummyb wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:13
I think someone in the Shed upset Molineux with a comment with a cross near the end of the game. That soured it a bit for me.
If somebody is having a go at players after ONE slightly below par performance they definitely need the reality check ADY has mentioned. Jamie Molineux has been fantastic so far for us this season and I hope he doesn't take it to heart. GET BEHIND THE LADS!!!
I was by the incident. Fan shouted 'that's f-ing shit', after Molly over hit a cross.

Molly was visibly wound up. It wasn't great to see, and to get on the players backs after one below par performance isn't great.

I don't think we played too badly, it just wasn't happening. The chance where a deflected shot hit the cross bar pretty much summed the day up.

I really like this team and can't wait for the next game. I'm sure the players will bounce back after this set back.