Re: Bedworth (h) FA Cup

Post by andy » 26 Aug 2019, 16:49

3-1
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Aug 2019, 16:51

When was the last hat-tick scored by a Yeltz man? Christie's 6 a few years back?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Aug 2019, 17:18

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 16:51
When was the last hat-tick scored by a Yeltz man? Christie's 6 a few years back?
https://www.yeltzarchives.com/history/a ... eroes.html

This suggests so, and I can’t remember one since.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 26 Aug 2019, 17:21

I would guess Next most recent would be Jay Denny in the replay against Meir KA (2008?)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Aug 2019, 17:25

Normally I try and balance out post match comments - giving credit where it’s due and a (slight) nudge on where I feel there’s room for improvement.

No need today. It was total control from the first minute. Midfield in particular is superb. The passing is sublime. The team look so organised and yet they never really stepped out of second gear today. On to Saturday!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Aug 2019, 17:27

Noggin wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 17:21
I would guess Next most recent would be Jay Denny in the replay against Meir KA (2008?)
Check the link I posted. Somebody’s keeping records thankfully! (Ben Haseley has scored six hat-tricks since Jay Denny’s!)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Aug 2019, 17:36

We even chanted 'He only scored hatricks' at Ben 10.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Aug 2019, 17:38

piearce9 wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 17:25
Normally I try and balance out post match comments - giving credit where it’s due and a (slight) nudge on where I feel there’s room for improvement.

No need today. It was total control from the first minute. Midfield in particular is superb. The passing is sublime. The team look so organised and yet they never really stepped out of second gear today. On to Saturday!
This. It's just brilliant to watch at the moment. I'm loving watching this team play football.

Yes, the football is great to watch, but to a man the players work so hard off the ball, they look like they want to be here and they look like a close unit off the field too.

It's just bloody ace.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 26 Aug 2019, 17:39

Halesowen Town 3 Bedworth United 1

A hat-trick from leading goalscorer Jamie Molyneux secured Halesowen’s comfortable passage to the next round of the Emirates FA Cup in the Preliminary round replay.

With Paul Smith making several changes to Saturday’s line-up, Lewis Wright’s 6th minute shot was saved by Adam Harrison and Josh Steele hit at Bradley Catlow at the opposite end two minutes later.

Halesowen took an 8th minute lead when the Bedworth defence blocked but MOLYNEUX was on hand to slot home the loose ball from ten yards. Bedworth were awarded a free-kick in a central position right on the edge of the area after ten minutes but the home defensive wall held firm to block.

But with Halesowen controlling play, MOLYNEUX gave himself the simple task of tapping home to double the lead in the 20th minute after beating Harrison to the ball. A 30th effort from Robbie Bunn was then saved for a corner and Jamie Ashmore cut in to fire over the bar two minutes later. Before the break Bunn forced two further saves from Harrison at full stretch and Molyneux shot just wide.

Just after the interval Andy Parsons cleared off the line from Khaellem Bailey-Nicholls’ cross with goalkeeper Catlow able to grab the ball and tidy up. Molyneux then cut in and rattled the Bedworth crossbar from 20 yards after 50 minutes and Molyneux was denied once again by Harrison’s great save in search of his hat-trick five minutes later.

But MOLYNEUX finally completed his well deserved hat-trick in the 60th minute by bursting into the area to beat Harrison with a low shot into the corner of the net.

Well-beaten Bedworth found an 89th minute consolation goal when substitute Ashanti PRYCE burst into the penalty area down the left to convert with a low shot as the Yeltz again failed to secure a clean sheet after dominating for much of the game.

Halesowen Town: Bradley Catlow; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen, Ashley Sammons, Paul McCone (c), Andrew Parsons, Joshua Hawker (Robert Evans 78), Robbie Bunn, Jamie Lucas, Jamie Molyneux (Luke Yates 72), Lewis Wright (Reece Hewitt 69). Subs Not Used: Brendon Bunn, Jordan Piggott, Montel Gibson, Lee Hughes.

Bedworth United: Adam Harrison; Cal Templeton, Josh Steele, Elliot Parrott (c), Thomas Sharpe (Prudence Anaele 46), Barry Fitzharris (Ashanti Pryce 64), Lewis Chester, Khaellem Bailey-Nicholls (Reece Blackmore 64), Mitchell Piggon, Alexander Troke, Luke Rowe. Subs Not Used: Keegan Woolley, Charlie McConnachie.

Referee: Jacob Lehane Attendance: 377
Booked: Bowen (18), Rowe (42), Troke (45), Hewitt (70)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match: Jamie Molyneux

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 26 Aug 2019, 17:53

Another great performance in total control, the football is a joy to watch, the pitch is fantastic, the manager is so positive but keeps the players on their toes.
Some great goals and great football, it could of been more than 3-1 but in the cup being in the next round is what matters, good for the squad to have a cup run to give those on the fringes a run out. Well done lads 👍