Re: Bedworth (a) FA Cup

Post by andy » 24 Aug 2019, 16:54

Ft. Still hot.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 24 Aug 2019, 16:58

Fantasy Island players, note that the replay is a different game to the originally scheduled game (of course), so you’ll need to make a new prediction for the replay

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 24 Aug 2019, 16:58

Disappointing result, but would imagine the hot conditions were difficult to play in for both sides.

Was looking forward to a Bank holiday day out at Bedworth too. Oh well will still be down there on Monday at the Grove where hopefully we can finish the tie off.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 24 Aug 2019, 17:22

We’re still in the hat, which is the all important thing. Should have seen the game out though- and it was the substitutions midway through the second half that particularly bamboozled and left us all at sea at 1-1.

The Hughes situation is baffling and I have no idea why he gets any game time. His role in the squad appears to be a bit like Bez from the Happy Mondays- just there for a bit of comedy value. On the pitch, he does literally nothing. Doesn’t challenge, doesn’t run, doesn’t even look interested.

So why do we throw him on with the game still in the balance when we have Jamie Lucas and Kartel watching on? I’m probably going to have to park this issue- been saying it for all last season as well. We seem happy to keep on paying him a wage for absolutely nothing.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 24 Aug 2019, 17:49

piearce9 wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 17:22
We’re still in the hat, which is the all important thing. Should have seen the game out though- and it was the substitutions midway through the second half that particularly bamboozled and left us all at sea at 1-1.

The Hughes situation is baffling and I have no idea why he gets any game time. His role in the squad appears to be a bit like Bez from the Happy Mondays- just there for a bit of comedy value. On the pitch, he does literally nothing. Doesn’t challenge, doesn’t run, doesn’t even look interested.

So why do we throw him on with the game still in the balance when we have Jamie Lucas and Kartel watching on? I’m probably going to have to park this issue- been saying it for all last season as well. We seem happy to keep on paying him a wage for absolutely nothing.
I agree. We weren't brilliant by any means, but comfortable at 1 up, but the substitution seemed pointless and we seemed to lose our way. I was hoping for better, but at least there's another chance.
The park at the back was really very pleasant with the cricket going on. That may have been as exciting a game.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Aug 2019, 18:43

I feel the substitutions were made to give at least some of our players a break from the heat (did I mention it was hot? ::) ) with another game coming up in two days. Difficult conditions to play in and I feel it took a while to get used to the surface which seemed to play differently to Yaxleys plastic. Molineux for me was outstanding, gave them a tough time, and I look forward to him taking them apart on Monday.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0