AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kidlington

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Aug 2019, 22:27

lutleyyeltz wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 22:24
Ain't life wonderful!
No!

No balti pies left at half time. I'm sending my season ticket back tomorrow. Simply not good enough!! ;) ;)
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Aug 2019, 22:30

I echo all the above comments. I think it feels like we have a unified club to get behind and its so refreshing to leave the ground happy.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2019, 22:32

The positives have been covered by others so all I'm going to say is it's great to be watching Halesowen Town again. In every respect, on and off the pitch, this club is on a roll. I've not seen it like this since 1996, albeit at a much higher level, and we must grasp the nettle. The potential for this club to become great again is there. Once word gets round and people come and like what they see we could be getting 2 or 300 more people through the turnstiles. I genuinely believe that. Well done everybody.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 20 Aug 2019, 22:35

So much more positivity tonight compared to last season; a team playing more passing football on a much improved looking pitch and a management team encouraging the players.

I thought we'd get a hatful at half time, but the level dropped a bit in the second half. Very encouraging, although the opponents struggled last year, so it's still early to assess the overall quality of opposition in this division.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 20 Aug 2019, 22:37

Absolutely smashed it tonight, carried on our great style of play from what we’ve seen in pre season. The only complaint you could say at the end of the first half was that we didn’t score more than 3 as could have been so
many more and then we sort of slacked off the second half, conceded a sloppy goal but then Parsons header at the end gave us something to cheer.

I suppose coming on here saying ‘we only won 4-1’ and feeling not completely satisfied feels crazy after a number of seasons of woefulness but the bar was raised by these players in pre season where I know that they can achieve so much more and Paul Smith seems like a perfectionist so no doubt he will feel the same.

Two wins out of two though so that’s all that matters for now - the future looks bright! #UpTheYeltz

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 20 Aug 2019, 22:39

Really enjoyed tonight, fantastic 1st half performance, loved listening to our manager giving positive instructions to our players, even keeping them on their toes 2nd half telling them that they had gone lazy all over the pitch at 3-0 up !!!

The pitch looks fantastic and we have a team that want to play football to get the maximum value out of the surface by playing the right way.

This team will just get better and better and that’s frightening for the rest in our league, don’t get me wrong let’s keep our feet on the ground, but my god it’s exciting times isn’t it ? We are well drilled, well organised, we have players contesting every ball and look comfortable in possession all over the pitch.
All Yeltz fans still not attending get your arses to the next home game you’ll love it !!!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Aug 2019, 22:53

dalevillain wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 22:37
Absolutely smashed it tonight, carried on our great style of play from what we’ve seen in pre season. The only complaint you could say at the end of the first half was that we didn’t score more than 3 as could have been so
many more and then we sort of slacked off the second half, conceded a sloppy goal but then Parsons header at the end gave us something to cheer.

I suppose coming on here saying ‘we only won 4-1’ and feeling not completely satisfied feels crazy after a number of seasons of woefulness but the bar was raised by these players in pre season where I know that they can achieve so much more and Paul Smith seems like a perfectionist so no doubt he will feel the same.

Two wins out of two though so that’s all that matters for now - the future looks bright! #UpTheYeltz
The point about being disappointed in 'only' scoring 4 is correct. Which is madness, really. But I actually am disappointed it wasn't a 6 or 7 nil scoreline. Which it could have easily have been.

It shows how well Smith has done in a relatively short space of time.

I'm more than happy with the performance and 3 points. 3 points is all you get, regardless of whether you smash the opposition or get a flukey 1-0 win, where you score off your only shot of the game.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 21 Aug 2019, 08:43

What a great night for everyone at the club... the feel good factor is defiantly back... all good off the field, great crowd in number and vocally, and a pleasure to watch a team actually playing decent football and looking like a side capable of winning games..the league and having a good run in cup competitions ... well done to owners... manager and coaching staff.. players and everyone connected with the club.... wishing you all a fantastic productive season. All our very best... ivor, barb, and john...

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Aug 2019, 09:21

Very early days, attendance wise, but the next highest attendance in our league is Bedford, with 248...

I expect our attendances to increase over the season, and I'd hope we can reach 700plus. Whether that's possible, I don't know. I hope so!

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 21 Aug 2019, 21:47

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: The Yeltz welcomed Kidlington FC to The Grove last night in another goal frenzy.

WATCH NOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVqWQuK7WY