Bedworth (H)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth (H)

Post by piearce9 » 09 Apr 2019, 13:14

Yeltz27 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 12:14
And Piearce, the owners could have had a fresh start last summer but chose not to, so what makes you think this summer will be any different?
Part of me can't be bothered to debate, but then I'm a sucker and I can't really help myself...

- It was the right decision (at the time) to let John Hill continue as manager into this season.

- It was the right decision and the right time to relieve John Hill of his duties - which was well handled too.

- It FELT (at the time) like the right decision to appoint Rob & Larry.

- It was the right decision (at the time) to get rid of them and have one last throw of the dice with Hughes to try and save the season.

Now- what I know you'll say is "aha, these can't be good decisions, we're just about to be relegated". But that's because it's easy to reflect and analyse what went wrong after the event. But, in each of these scenarios, I think the owners have acted promptly and tried to drive some positive change. That could not have been said of the previous owner.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Apr 2019, 13:14

PS- not sure where this "Colin is a secret M**s*n sympathiser" line has come from, but it seems like a cheap (and bizarre) shot to discredit him. Not on.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 09 Apr 2019, 13:42

piearce9 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:14
Yeltz27 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 12:14
And Piearce, the owners could have had a fresh start last summer but chose not to, so what makes you think this summer will be any different?
Part of me can't be bothered to debate, but then I'm a sucker and I can't really help myself...

- It was the right decision (at the time) to let John Hill continue as manager into this season.

- It was the right decision and the right time to relieve John Hill of his duties - which was well handled too.

- It FELT (at the time) like the right decision to appoint Rob & Larry.

- It was the right decision (at the time) to get rid of them and have one last throw of the dice with Hughes to try and save the season.

Now- what I know you'll say is "aha, these can't be good decisions, we're just about to be relegated". But that's because it's easy to reflect and analyse what went wrong after the event. But, in each of these scenarios, I think the owners have acted promptly and tried to drive some positive change. That could not have been said of the previous owner.
I believe there were plenty of people telling them before the event (regarding John Hill) that change was needed last summer. We’d seen years of it already. And they didn’t have to put Lee Hughes in charge, he wouldn’t have been the only person who would have taken the role. It’s extremely poor judgment

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Apr 2019, 14:05

Yeltz27 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:42
It’s extremely poor judgment
You'd like it to be poor judgment, because you like to complain. But these were all decisions that were made in the right spirit at the time.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 09 Apr 2019, 14:10

piearce9 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:05
Yeltz27 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:42
It’s extremely poor judgment
You'd like it to be poor judgment, because you like to complain. But these were all decisions that were made in the right spirit at the time.
I don’t like to complain at all. How can having Lee Hughes in the dugout in any capacity be deemed a decision that has been made in the right spirit? If you’ve ended up in a position where that has happened, the chances are that the decision making leading up to it has been pretty disastrous. And that’s got nothing to do with hindsight

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Apr 2019, 14:16

Yeltz27 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:10
I don’t like to complain at all.
Come on now

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 09 Apr 2019, 16:30

Piearce9, The decision to allow Hill to continue was totally wrong. We had had 4 years of crap under him and the signs were that he was incapable of making it better. The decision to appoint Smith and Chambers was nt to my liking at the time, as they had a history of leaving clubs, (bit like Martin O'Neil), which I said at the time, even moreso when you also consider that they practically appointed themselves with I believe Hill's help. Also I am led to believe that "they were n't got rid of" but walked out on us due to their failings , a scenario that they have done at clubs in the past, more than once. I have sympathy with the owners as I feel with the timespan, they had little choice other than to appoint Hughes in temporary charge. I for one hope that a new appointment is made during the close season, but I fear otherwise may be the case.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 09 Apr 2019, 16:42

KenR wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 16:30
Piearce9, The decision to allow Hill to continue was totally wrong. We had had 4 years of crap under him and the signs were that he was incapable of making it better. The decision to appoint Smith and Chambers was nt to my liking at the time, as they had a history of leaving clubs, (bit like Martin O'Neil), which I said at the time, even moreso when you also consider that they practically appointed themselves with I believe Hill's help. Also I am led to believe that "they were n't got rid of" but walked out on us due to their failings , a scenario that they have done at clubs in the past, more than once. I have sympathy with the owners as I feel with the timespan, they had little choice other than to appoint Hughes in temporary charge. I for one hope that a new appointment is made during the close season, but I fear otherwise may be the case.
https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/vacancies?fbcli ... Drbv7lm62I

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 09 Apr 2019, 16:51

thanks old git , but of course we will have to wait and see.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 09 Apr 2019, 17:00

piearce9 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:16
Yeltz27 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:10
I don’t like to complain at all.
Come on now
;D ;D ;D