Bedworth (H)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth (H)

Post by Yeltz27 » 07 Apr 2019, 19:42

HalesowenHarry wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 19:23
Surely if you go to the forum and have your say then at least when it goes tits up / brilliant next season you can all say told you so
Firstly, thanks Andy and Josh

I don’t hide behind my username on here any more than anybody else does, I merely express a genuinely held opinion. People who do know me know that my family have been following the Yeltz home and away for over 40 years when we aren’t at the Villa. I am no more a keyboard warrior than anybody else.

I haven’t once said I’m not going to the forum. If the forum was with the three owners then that would be a good opportunity for people to ask the questions that they want to ask. You are suggesting that I could ask a question about Lee Hughes being manager in his presence. I admit I would be too frightened. After the problems that the club has faced recently, surely the last thing the club should do is appoint somebody that would cause as much division as Lee Hughes? I am not conservative in my views by any stretch of the imagination, but there is a line. Yes he has served his time, but in his time at Halesowen I’ve seen him regularly swearing at opposition players, referees, and then going looking for a fight in the stand with the Rushden fans. He is not a suitable candidate to be caretaker manager, let alone permanent manager which I fear is where it is heading.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Apr 2019, 20:26

HalesowenHarry wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 19:23
Surely if you go to the forum and have your say then at least when it goes tits up / brilliant next season you can all say told you so
I believe a lot of people will go. Many will feel it is not necessary to 'have their say' as they may feel that everybody has tried hard to turn round a bad situation. My personal gripe is the football is poor and nobody has brought in any better players to improve it. All involved in setting up the forum will be in agreement with that and just as upset about it. I'm just interested listening to what the future plans are. Trying to make it a them and us situation HH, is wrong. All we all want is a successful team on the field and in our improved club situation I feel EVERYBODY deserves it.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 07 Apr 2019, 20:29

And that is why I'm saying everyone should attend not that there's a them and us. But there is ;)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 07 Apr 2019, 21:01

andy wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 20:26
My personal gripe is the football is poor and nobody has brought in any better players to improve it.
I understand your point, and it is a frustration.

I do think, however, it’s a dressing room problem more than recruitment. And the reason I think this is because so many players leave us and prove themselves elsewhere.

Take Alvechurch. Five ex-Yeltz in their squad yesterday, beat Kettering. They play like a team and celebrate like a team. People thought it was a strange move for Morrison to leave us and join a (honestly) smaller club but he’s bossing it there and they’ll be playoffs at least.

Sweeney. Was on fire for Hednesford, joined us, struggled, back at Hednesford and scoring for fun again.

We’ve never been able to hold on to good players and many of the players that do leave turn out to be half decent in other teams.

I get the impression that Halesowen is not a great place to play football, and that’s why we need a summer clearout and, most crucially, the right manager to come in.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 08 Apr 2019, 16:04

It has been a bad season ... games lost drawn and not many won... the league table doesn't lie... but with all the management changes , and neumerous players brought in...... if one or possibly two good strikers had been part of the recruitment, it may have been a different story, as apart from a few games, most games were lost by the odd goal... so we weren't getting hammered every game... just needed a goal scorer.... priority for next season....

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Apr 2019, 20:40

Scribbler wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 16:04
It has been a bad season ... games lost drawn and not many won... the league table doesn't lie... but with all the management changes , and neumerous players brought in...... if one or possibly two good strikers had been part of the recruitment, it may have been a different story, as apart from a few games, most games were lost by the odd goal... so we weren't getting hammered every game... just needed a goal scorer.... priority for next season....
You're right about a bad season, but not with the facts. We've lost 15 of the 20 games by at least 2 goals, and in the five lost by the odd goal, we only scored in one. In a few of those defeats we should've lost by more.
We got hammered by Leiston, Hitchin, Lowestoft, Tamworth, Redditch, Coalville etc...Another couple of drubbings could well happen before the season is out.
I don't know about the stats for chances created, but it won't reflect well on the midfield either.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Apr 2019, 20:50

piearce9 wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 21:01
andy wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 20:26
My personal gripe is the football is poor and nobody has brought in any better players to improve it.
I understand your point, and it is a frustration.

I do think, however, it’s a dressing room problem more than recruitment. And the reason I think this is because so many players leave us and prove themselves elsewhere.

Take Alvechurch. Five ex-Yeltz in their squad yesterday, beat Kettering. They play like a team and celebrate like a team. People thought it was a strange move for Morrison to leave us and join a (honestly) smaller club but he’s bossing it there and they’ll be playoffs at least.

Sweeney. Was on fire for Hednesford, joined us, struggled, back at Hednesford and scoring for fun again.

We’ve never been able to hold on to good players and many of the players that do leave turn out to be half decent in other teams.

I get the impression that Halesowen is not a great place to play football, and that’s why we need a summer clearout and, most crucially, the right manager to come in.
I was always of the opinion that the players, whether the incumbent ones or those brought in were not good enough, but you make some interesting points; players performing better elsewhere. That can usually be attributed to things like poor management and team selection, players getting criticised or a dressing room atmosphere which would all exacerbate a failing system.

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz7 » 08 Apr 2019, 21:31

Not been to a Forum since Colin Brooks said on the mic give Morell M**s*n a second chance at a forum years ago.Used to enjoy them a lot but after that lost a bit of heart in them.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Apr 2019, 21:59

Honestly, Karen & Keith need a blank sheet of paper and to build from scratch. New manager is so important. Got to be the right fit for the club. A fresh new start in August with the right players, right mentality, and a platform to build on.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 09 Apr 2019, 12:14

Yeltz7 wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 21:31
Not been to a Forum since Colin Brooks said on the mic give Morell M**s*n a second chance at a forum years ago.Used to enjoy them a lot but after that lost a bit of heart in them.
If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, then I think you are spot on

And Piearce, the owners could have had a fresh start last summer but chose not to, so what makes you think this summer will be any different?