Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Lowestoft town

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Mar 2019, 12:36

lutleyyeltz wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 07:26
The 'keeper not good enough?
Platty has been our best, and most consistent, player all season - and for a good few seasons before this one.
If there is to be a vote for 'best player' then Dan will sweep the board.
I'm frustrated and bitterly disappointed - not just for myself but for the owners who have saved this club from disappearing off the footballing map.
I suggest that you canvas other regulars as to their opinion of our goalkeeper. You will undoubtedly discover that your opinion is completely wrong.
I'd agree with this.

I do hope the club don't have any award ceremony this post season, as it'll be a farce. But if anyone deserves some recognition out of the black hole that is this season, it's Platt who has, on numerous occasions, kept the score somewhat respectable.

As Andy says, the first name on the team sheet. Although, that's not the compliment it should be. Unfortunately.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 20 Mar 2019, 12:36

I agree on Morris - very consistent throughout the season and the only player in the squad (perhaps Kelly too) whose stock has improved this year. He'll be a contender for Player of the Season (if we have awards this year!).

I'd probably still vote for Platty for misty-eyed reasons- he's the one player who "gets" the club, takes time for supporters, and has stuck with us far beyond what is reasonable. He's a very good keeper- not bulletproof however- who beat the odds to keep two clean sheets against Hitchin and Rushall.

It would be nice to keep these two players for next season to offer some stability/consistency (plus Rea and Kelly), however, I think the remainder are nomads who will find a new home fairly quickly. Could realistically start next season with a whole new starting XI, and in the dugout too :'(

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Mar 2019, 12:50

piearce9 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:36
I agree on Morris - very consistent throughout the season and the only player in the squad (perhaps Kelly too) whose stock has improved this year. He'll be a contender for Player of the Season (if we have awards this year!).

I'd probably still vote for Platty for misty-eyed reasons- he's the one player who "gets" the club, takes time for supporters, and has stuck with us far beyond what is reasonable. He's a very good keeper- not bulletproof however- who beat the odds to keep two clean sheets against Hitchin and Rushall.

It would be nice to keep these two players for next season to offer some stability/consistency (plus Rea and Kelly), however, I think the remainder are nomads who will find a new home fairly quickly. Could realistically start next season with a whole new starting XI, and in the dugout too :'(
I wouldn't bet against us to start the last game of this season with a completely new squad, such is the player turnaround at the moment!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Mar 2019, 16:25

As we are almost certainly relegated why not play four or five lads from the U21s in the remainder of the fixtures?
Instead of dragging in has-beens and no-hopers we may well find a good combination of players right on our doorstep.
It couldn't be any worse.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Mar 2019, 18:22

lutleyyeltz wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 16:25
As we are almost certainly relegated why not play four or five lads from the U21s in the remainder of the fixtures?
Instead of dragging in has-beens and no-hopers we may well find a good combination of players right on our doorstep.
It couldn't be any worse.
If we can't find a place for one or two youth players, this season, then we have to question the point of the set up. As you say, it can't get worse on the pitch, so why not give it a try.

I'm hopeful we won't see a worse season than this, so if a youth team player can't get in under these circumstances, what hope have they got of getting in the senior side, in the future, when we're (hopefully) more successful?

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 23 Mar 2019, 11:52

piearce9 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:36

Agree two players that have stood out week in week out
Platt and Morris, even after having had so many defeats,
As both are defenders god only knows what would have happened without them