Re: Tamworth

Post by lutleyyeltz » 02 Mar 2019, 17:01

St Neots drew.
Lowestoft lost.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Mar 2019, 17:07

Redditch managed their late equaliser with St Neots with EIGHT men.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Mar 2019, 17:37

We're down as it stands. The only question is; do the owners throw the dice one last time and sack the current management, and get someone else in?

They are not good enough, they will never be good enough and it was a snap decision to appoint them.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Mar 2019, 17:40

Well I left at half 4 cos im at work. As good as we think the defence can be, thats 7 goals in two games. While I agree the new duo arent working out, Im not sure bringing anyone in now will make a difference. I still think close season is when it needs to change with time to build. As much as I dislike Tamworth and its fans from way back, Ive gotta give them credit for having a very well run set up, loyal fanbase and Im a bit envious of it. Now thats a club that should be above where it is.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 02 Mar 2019, 18:26

So I actually came away feeling slightly more positive about our chances than when I arrived. It was a much better performance all round and I’d rather we went down fighting as opposed to some of those limp and clueless performances of late. I actually credit Brago with a lot of this- he was fired up big time and you could see him trying to lift the team.

It was a shame to see so few familiar faces there today, but we did have a “rent-a-mob” of lads who sang throughout most of the game and did create a good atmosphere (although one did pitch invade, but let’s overlook that).

I heard that Gilpin got a red after the final whistle too- I’m not sure his heart is really in this club, too much of a liability for me.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 02 Mar 2019, 18:30

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 17:37
We're down as it stands. The only question is; do the owners throw the dice one last time and sack the current management, and get someone else in?

They are not good enough, they will never be good enough and it was a snap decision to appoint them.
I find it hard to believe that the business principle of interviewing potential employees, to hear what they may have to offer, was not considered and an immediate appointment was made.
I understand that there were a good number of interested parties who weren't considered.
Like a lot of issues in life hasty decisions are very often regretted.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Mar 2019, 18:54

piearce9 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 18:26
So I actually came away feeling slightly more positive about our chances than when I arrived. It was a much better performance all round and I’d rather we went down fighting as opposed to some of those limp and clueless performances of late. I actually credit Brago with a lot of this- he was fired up big time and you could see him trying to lift the team.

But we still lost 4-1. It doesn't matter what the performances are like, we don't score goals and we do concede. There is no optimism to be gained for as long as this continues.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Mar 2019, 18:58

Just to sum it up in fact, we have won FIVE matches in THIRTY TWO and now probably need to win FIVE matches in the the last TEN. Not a cat in hells chance.