AFC rushden and diamonds

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: AFC rushden and diamonds

Post by andy » 23 Feb 2019, 18:03

I know we've said it a hundred times before but if you introduce new players at the rate we have they will have no affinity to the club and relegation will mean nothing. Same with loan players. To compound that though, none of the players on this merry go round are any better than the ones they are replacing. Most of them haven't kicked a ball in anger at any club in about 5 years before they end up here anyway. It smacks of total desperation. We never put a poor Rushden (yet another poor side in this poor division) under any sort of pressure until the 93rd minute, it was a cruise for them. And it is the same every other week, we let poor sides get an easy goal against us and never look like scoring ourselves. Nothing ever changes. I'm not sure I could even face watching us at the 5th level of non league next year, (even the Banks's was at level 4), as this current level is desperate enough.
When is this 10 year nightmare ever going to end?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Feb 2019, 18:07

lutleyyeltz wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 17:47

They say that you should be careful what you wish for and in my opinion that rings true as, although I have no wish to see the previous manager return, we are much worse since the new appointments.
I'm afraid that I can have no confidence in the present incumbents in the dugout and, if still in charge next season, we will struggle again.
Making the change was definitely the correct decision as I don't think there would be any fans left if it didn't happen. It hasn't worked out though so change may need to happen again.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Feb 2019, 18:13

As an aside, me and Big Nige were chatting today about the last time we were playing Rushden, circa 96. Some of the teams we were playing in that era were very good sides. Rushden themselves, Cheltenham, Crawley, Gloucester, Burton Albion and quite a few others created some memorable days and feasts of football. And the best of it all is WE were as good as any of them!

Cornwall yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Cornwall yeltz » 23 Feb 2019, 18:19

andy wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 18:13
As an aside, me and Big Nige were chatting today about the last time we were playing Rushden, circa 96. Some of the teams we were playing in that era were very good sides. Rushden themselves, Cheltenham, Crawley, Gloucester, Burton Albion and quite a few others created some memorable days and feasts of football. And the best of it all is WE were as good as any of them!
Good times!!!!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Feb 2019, 18:20

andy wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 18:07
lutleyyeltz wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 17:47

They say that you should be careful what you wish for and in my opinion that rings true as, although I have no wish to see the previous manager return, we are much worse since the new appointments.
I'm afraid that I can have no confidence in the present incumbents in the dugout and, if still in charge next season, we will struggle again.
Making the change was definitely the correct decision as I don't think there would be any fans left if it didn't happen. It hasn't worked out though so change may need to happen again.
Sacking Hill was absolutely the right call. But it was a good two years too late.

Let's hope we learn from that mistake and don't take as long this time around. It's not working, time for Plan C.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Feb 2019, 18:24

andy wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 17:46
piearce9 wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 17:32

Be interested to hear what happened at the tunnel at full time, something kicked off at the end but I was down the other end.
I know Platty was well involved. ;D
The trouble is HE CARES.
Fair play to him. The trouble is, we need his attitude out field. We don't, unfortunately.

Do I blame the players for not caring? Not really. Why would you? You play two games, then you're out the team only to be replaced by someone no better, who equally doesn't care, either.

We're down, but I'm calling on the club to get rid of those who don't care. I.e the majority of the squad, and replace them with players who do care and who do want to fight. That may very well be our youth system. The kids can't do any worse, and we don't have nothing to lose.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Feb 2019, 18:41

Just looking at our results this season, we've only managed to score twice on 3 occasions all season. So assuming we gift our usual goal were not likely to ever pick up a win. Shocking.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 23 Feb 2019, 18:43

Yet another performance where nothing happened (well for us).

I had no view on the new management team when they arrived but it's been as bad or worse than before and that was awful.

Andy is absolutely right about the constant cycling of players who can barely get a game elsewhere and the lack of quality. We end up with a team of misfits.

We are all but the poorest of the poor in this division. Who knows if we'll even score against let alone beat the worst team when they show up.

Here's to playing in front of even more one man and his dog crowds next season.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 23 Feb 2019, 18:48

People know my thought they were a strange appointment I felt anyway. But it hasn’t worked. So as much as I hate to have a defeatist attitude get rid of the management and start again next year. But whatever way we look at it we need a change but let’s not leave it to late, we have given them more then a fair chance allowed them to bring players in left right and center and the actual fact is not one of them are good enough. The flack has to fall with the management somewhere no matter how long they have been at tenure.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Feb 2019, 19:12

Cornwall yeltz wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 18:19
andy wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 18:13
Good times!!!!
Good times indeed!
Just looking where some of the above mentioned teams finished that year and 4 of them are now established football league teams! And Rushdens league tenure would make 5.

http://www.staff.city.ac.uk/~sc397/foot ... l9596.html