Stratford

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stratford

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Feb 2019, 18:08

THEYELTZBUG wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 17:33
I have to disagree I think it’s somehow managed to get worse since Hill.
I disagree. It couldn't get any worse that than that, but we both agree it's poor right now. The current set up of players and management isn't good enough. I'm not sure what the answer is or how to resolve it, but I know it's not the current incumbents.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 16 Feb 2019, 18:25

Was surprised how poor Stratford were... maybe it was the terrible pitch...did enough to earn a point and a draw would have been a fair result.. but again we came away with nothing and it is a results game... fact is there is no goals in the team !! And poor defending, playing wing backs too forward ? Cost us dearly today... in my opinion.. surely the management team know their best side now after a good few months and numerous players brought in ? Yet two half time changes and the team played better after changes ? Young lad up front looked out of his depth, yet lasted all game, while Hugh's sat warming the bench , maybe would have been a good bet for last twenty mins ??
Games are running out... other teams in trouble winning... managers are and will be judged by results... at least have a go !!
You need to start scoring goals, making chances.. to have any hope of avoiding relegation. ,!! Winning games is the only option now..... 3 points every game..

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 16 Feb 2019, 19:03

As my posts over the years have shown, I like an ellipsis.
But I’m a mere amateur by comparison.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 16 Feb 2019, 19:06

It’s certainly the goal threat that’s the issue. Or more the lack of one.

First half was pants. Long balls that didn’t stick and hopeful balls into the box that were easily defended.

The changes at half time made a difference. Coyle and Gilpin both improved the game. Disagree that Hughes would have made any difference- better off sticking Morris (or maybe a local farmer’s scarecrow) up top.

I’d go 4-4-2 to save the season from here. We need wingers who can run at defenders and a creative player in centre mid (Coyle? Goddard??) with Jack Rea holding.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 16 Feb 2019, 20:35

Maybe we need more experienced players. The average age of today's starting team was 23, according to info on squad page on League Website, of which Platt is the oldest.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Feb 2019, 22:15

I hope HH can throw this comment back at me at the end of the season but he must be on drugs. We can't score goals. We need more wins than we've achieved all season. We've made far too many changes, far too quickly. There's no continuity. We played for TEN minutes today where we looked anything like. And that's ten minutes more than some games. How are we going to win 6 or 7 games more with stats like those? We've gone.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 16 Feb 2019, 22:19

He is!
Often to be seen with the old needle and syringe.
Tsk. That’s what living in Wolverhampton does for ya...

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 17 Feb 2019, 10:42

Its called perseverance!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Feb 2019, 11:12

I can't believe it used to be me that was the blind optimist. Years of dross seem to have beaten it out of me. ::) ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 17 Feb 2019, 11:17

We're down. Both Pierce and Andy make great points. In a few games we do have 10-15 minute spells of decent play, but don't really create much. We always look like conceding, and without Platty it would have been a hell of a lot more. The midfield is packed with nothing sort of players.
What really, really irks me is the imbalance in midfield.i.e nothing down the right. Opposing teams can see this and attack two on one so pulling a central defender across leaving gaps in the middle just like yesterday. Two completely unmarked goals.
Not worse than Hill. I can't wait for the return of Braggs