Barwell

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell

Post by andy » 26 Jan 2019, 17:00

I thought today was going to be a big day and it has been. January, and I think we're down.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Jan 2019, 17:01

Lowestoft drawing is the result of the day for us!
Still going down, though.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Jan 2019, 17:25

andy wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 17:00
I thought today was going to be a big day and it has been. January, and I think we're down.
We're as good as relegated and the players are playing as if they believe they're already down. Today the players looked lazy, there was little fight and the work rate on and off the ball was appalling. That isn't and never will be acceptable, at any level of football.

Frankly I felt anger at watching certain players ambling back when an attack broke down, or jogging forward at a snails pace when we were attacking. The lack of urgency to get on the box, make runs into space to receive the ball or the general lack of fight in this side was embarrassing.

Today was the nail in the coffin, I'm afraid. It is now time to rebuild and look at bouncing straight back next season. There's players in this team I wouldn't want any where near the squad in the division below, let alone at this level.

The new management have come in and have changed nothing but the playing staff. We still look a shambles on the pitch and results have not improved. It's now just one win in eleven matches. That's not good enough. I appreciate the massive rebuild job ahead of us, but should the management team be tasked with rebuilding this great club on the pitch?

The fact we will be relegated in such a poor league is not good enough for this club, the new owners and most importantly the fans. There have been massive failings both on and off the pitch for 3-4 years now, and let's all be honest this has been coming. An utterly embarrassing situation all round.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Jan 2019, 17:46

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 17:25
andy wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 17:00
We're as good as relegated and the players are playing as if they believe they're already down. Today the players looked lazy, there was little fight and the work rate on and off the ball was appalling. That isn't and never will be acceptable, at any level of football.

Frankly I felt anger at watching certain players ambling back when an attack broke down, or jogging forward at a snails pace when we were attacking. The lack of urgency to get on the box, make runs into space to receive the ball or the general lack of fight in this side was embarrassing.

Today was the nail in the coffin, I'm afraid. It is now time to rebuild and look at bouncing straight back next season. There's players in this team I wouldn't want any where near the squad in the division below, let alone at this level.

The new management have come in and have changed nothing but the playing staff. We still look a shambles on the pitch and results have not improved. It's now just one win in eleven matches. That's not good enough. I appreciate the massive rebuild job ahead of us, but should the management team be tasked with rebuilding this great club on the pitch?

The fact we will be relegated in such a poor league is not good enough for this club, the new owners and most importantly the fans. There have been massive failings both on and off the pitch for 3-4 years now, and let's all be honest this has been coming. An utterly embarrassing situation all round.
Sounds awful. Almost glad I couldn't get off the sofa. To have no fight in what was an important match to win (I know they all are but I feel this was a pivotal day) is unforgivable.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 26 Jan 2019, 17:47

I have said it before and say it again. I know a lot of fans were happy with the appointment but I really failed to see this and the evidence is there for all to see. I think beyond doubt it has got worse. Hill and Clarke at least had players battling and running for the course just tactics wise it was inept. I really fail to see any improvement just demise. 1 win in 11 is far from good enough whether it’s new management or whatever, the excuse of a rebuilding job isn’t a good enough excuse for me. They have had money to bring players in so can’t jse that as an excuse. I hope I’m proved wrong but for me not the right appointment. The heart and soul seems to have been ripped from halesowen. I have never felt so flat when watching my team, I’ve gone past anger just pure dissapointment.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Jan 2019, 18:34

A growing number of regulars are if the opinion NV that it was a hasty, badly researched appointment.
Too late now!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Jan 2019, 18:36

Couldnt go today. But yet again after everyone was raving about last week, we appear to have reverted to type. First half read promising on here but I guess not. I called relegation after Hitchin and Ive seen nothing to change my mind. Desperately sad after all the work people have put into the club not to mention money.

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 26 Jan 2019, 22:31

I have to agree with the comment from AwayDayYeltz the work rate when we lost the ball in an attacking position saw Barwell sprinting forwards and our boys strolling
Thought Platty thankfully was in his usual good form
I also believe Hughes should start the next game after putting their defence under more pressure in the 15 minutes he was in the pitch
One other incident I did not like was Jack kelly hitting the ball at 100 miles an hour and arguing that Andre Wright was not chasing it down.
I do not like to see players from the same team arguing and think that should be disciplined
Looking at the bottom of the table 2 won and 5 drew from the bottom 7, so clearly all are fighting to stave of relegation snd therefore we have to go on a run of consecutive wins or as Ron Atkinson once said “ we need snookers to get out of trouble “
It can only get better I hope

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Jan 2019, 11:23

Mikeev02 wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 22:31
I have to agree with the comment from AwayDayYeltz the work rate when we lost the ball in an attacking position saw Barwell sprinting forwards and our boys strolling
Thought Platty thankfully was in his usual good form
I also believe Hughes should start the next game after putting their defence under more pressure in the 15 minutes he was in the pitch
One other incident I did not like was Jack kelly hitting the ball at 100 miles an hour and arguing that Andre Wright was not chasing it down.
I do not like to see players from the same team arguing and think that should be disciplined
Looking at the bottom of the table 2 won and 5 drew from the bottom 7, so clearly all are fighting to stave of relegation snd therefore we have to go on a run of consecutive wins or as Ron Atkinson once said “ we need snookers to get out of trouble “
It can only get better I hope
One thing I missed out on, in my lengthy rant, was how shocking it was to see our players arguing with the ref, linesmen and opposition players, while play was continuing. This happened on multiple occasions. It just shows a lack of discipline in this team.

If only the players showed as much passion as they did when arguing against everyone, on the pitch, we may have won the game.

The attitude from some the players on the pitch needs to drastically change if results are to improve.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 27 Jan 2019, 12:21

Still not decided on whether this new MikeEv fella is an actual person or, like Yeltz27, one of Poll’s basement robot creations to stir controversy and boost the number of forum posts.

I do love the positivity but have to disagree on Hughesy. Bloke’s a total waste of space now. Got his token run out yesterday and was scrapping with Henry Eze from the first second. Doesn’t try and win the ball for headers but just tries to niggle and foul to get a bite. Just embarrassing.

Tactically, we are all over the shop. Our signature move is to find Jack Kelly to then smash it high down the left wing. We must have tried it two dozen times yesterday and nothing came of it. I can’t really be arsed to post any more as I’m so narked at that performance yesterday- Barwell were dreadful and yet we matched them all the way.