Barwell

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell

Post by lutleyyeltz » 27 Jan 2019, 13:19

Maybe the player's lack of discipline and bad attitude comes from what is said at training and in the dressing room.
Just a thought.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Jan 2019, 13:31

lutleyyeltz wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 13:19
Maybe the player's lack of discipline and bad attitude comes from what is said at training and in the dressing room.
Just a thought.
I don't care where it comes from. It needs to stop. It's embarrassing.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 27 Jan 2019, 14:53

Just pointing out that the behaviour of "the management" is of the same calibre.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Jan 2019, 15:48

lutleyyeltz wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 14:53
Just pointing out that the behaviour of "the management" is of the same calibre.
I don't stand behind the dugouts like yourself, so can't comment.

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 28 Jan 2019, 19:57

Mr pierce

I do agree with you the total waste of getting the ball to Jack kelly and he then trying to kick it as far as possible
Hughes at 41 can never be the player he once was but his positioning / being in the right place, a professional never forgets and therefore he is more likely to put away one of the few chances we create.
Please try and remain positive as my optimistic view of the last 3 games

Alvechuch away should have been a draw, lost to a very good free kick. 1 pt
St ives , home should have won easily 3 pts
Barwell. Away, draw. 1 pt

5 points from 3 games

I am either totally deluded or my pint glass is that full I have to drink it immediately

Enjoyed that

In the words of the blue noses “ keep right on till the end of the road”

Isn’t it good to be alive

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 29 Jan 2019, 00:32

Not quite sure where you drink your pints Mike but clearly not the same place as the rest of us Yeltz fans I’m affraid. It has been woeful.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Jan 2019, 05:28

Mikeev02 wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 19:57
Mr pierce

I do agree with you the total waste of getting the ball to Jack kelly and he then trying to kick it as far as possible
Hughes at 41 can never be the player he once was but his positioning / being in the right place, a professional never forgets and therefore he is more likely to put away one of the few chances we create.
Please try and remain positive as my optimistic view of the last 3 games

Alvechuch away should have been a draw, lost to a very good free kick. 1 pt
St ives , home should have won easily 3 pts
Barwell. Away, draw. 1 pt

5 points from 3 games

I am either totally deluded or my pint glass is that full I have to drink it immediately

Enjoyed that

In the words of the blue noses “ keep right on till the end of the road”

Isn’t it good to be alive
If my nan had a cock she'd be my grandad. The fact is we have taken just 2 points from those 3 games.

It's just 6 points from a possible 33, 7 goals scored and 21conceded, the results and stats are very damming. Results are what counts.

On top of that, the performances have largely remained unacceptable, just as they were under the previous management. Out of those 11 performances, the home draw v Alvechurch, the home win v Banbury and the home draw v St Ives were the only good performances. Other than that, nothing has changed, has it?

Of course the new management need patience and time to resolve the mess they walked into, which I'm wiling to give, but I'd have expected at least some improvement. To see us remain as poor as we have been for the previous 3 plus years, is somewhat disheartening.

Perhaps relegation, a pre-season where the management can have a proper clear out and recruit players who give a damn, is what's needed?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Jan 2019, 13:28

I'm afraid Mike that Piearce and AwayDay are correct. We have had 3 decent performances since the new management took over and that's it. We may be capable but obviously some of the team do not want give their all every game. We need to scrap at the moment, we need to play EVERY game like a cup final. We need wins. I want to see Platt/Kelly and yes, Bragoli type attitudes all over the pitch. We need to win more matches in the remaining 16 than we've managed in the previous 26. We need to start NOW.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Jan 2019, 13:41

andy wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 13:28
I'm afraid Mike that Piearce and AwayDay are correct. We have had 3 decent performances since the new management took over and that's it. We may be capable but obviously some of the team do not want give their all every game. We need to scrap at the moment, we need to play EVERY game like a cup final. We need wins. I want to see Platt/Kelly and yes, Bragoli type attitudes all over the pitch. We need to win more matches in the remaining 16 than we've managed in the previous 26. We need to start NOW.
We needed to start against St Ives. Although we did play well, and were unlucky not to win, we didn't. Sadly, if we can't beat the likes of St Ives and Barwell, two poor sides, frankly we deserve to go down. That's the harsh reality of it.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 29 Jan 2019, 17:21

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 13:41
andy wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 13:28
We needed to start against St Ives. Although we did play well, and were unlucky not to win, we didn't. Sadly, if we can't beat the likes of St Ives and Barwell, two poor sides, frankly we deserve to go down. That's the harsh reality of it.
Those 3 performances have not really been that amazing either, just better in comparison, and Alvechurch at home we could easily have lost. All these 'poor' opponents are still picking up points elsewhere and clearly not performing as consistently badly as us in other matches.

As you say, we require more wins in the remaining 16 than we have mustered so far; something like 7 wins and 4 draws needed as a minimum in order to stay up? I can't see it.

It's a grim prospect looking at some sub-100 away crowds next season and the home crowds will obviously dwindle further.