Alverchurch Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alverchurch Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Jan 2019, 17:10

drummyb wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 17:05
Well. The one positive is the defence was better and If it wasnt for a very good goal, that would have finished 0-0. Jack Kelly made a difference.

On the opposite end, again we offer absolutely nothing up front. I was hugely underwhelmed with the new bloke. We simply are one of the worst teams in this division and we are going down. People are now openly questioning the new management team. To quote "If John Hill had allowed some of the performances he'd be crucified". Change was needed, but im not convinced it was the right one.

For the life of me I dont understand how teams, with facilities slightly better than Cradley Town have a better playing budget and better team than what we can muster. If someone can explain it, Id be grateful.
Excellent post. Fully agree with all of it.

The new management need to be questioned. Absolutely nothing has changed and this squad is now theirs. As you rightly said, if that was under John Hill, and we often produced performances like that under him, he'd be getting crucified by myself.

I appreciate the difficulty of the task Smith and Larry inherited, and the fact patience is required, but results are what matters and the results have been abysmal.

As it stands, we're going down with a whimper. We're sleepwalking into relegation and I can't see how we can avoid it. What can we do? If anything.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 12 Jan 2019, 17:34

It’s far far from good enough. I questioned the appointment when it was made and don’t think it was the right one at all. Speaking to fans where they had managed before all seemed to say what I am starting to see myself. I thought it would of made much more sense to give it hughes with an experienced nan alongside him to the end of the season. I don’t think it can get much poorer than what I’m currently seeing at the moment. Players brought in are worse than anything I had seen under Hill. The lack of goals and chances are there for all to see, today more than ever. As many posters have said if what was produced today was produced Under Hill and Clare they would of been crucified.

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 12 Jan 2019, 17:53

On train home now. Cold. Desolate. Despondent . Etc. More sheep in nearby fields than home fans. No disrespect to AFC but seasons ago we’d not be in this role reversal. Bad BAD day at the office AGAIN. Karen/Keith/Colin all there today I’m sure They must HURT like us as well.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Jan 2019, 18:02

THEYELTZBUG wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 17:34
It’s far far from good enough. I questioned the appointment when it was made and don’t think it was the right one at all. Speaking to fans where they had managed before all seemed to say what I am starting to see myself. I thought it would of made much more sense to give it hughes with an experienced nan alongside him to the end of the season. I don’t think it can get much poorer than what I’m currently seeing at the moment. Players brought in are worse than anything I had seen under Hill. The lack of goals and chances are there for all to see, today more than ever. As many posters have said if what was produced today was produced Under Hill and Clare they would of been crucified.
Well Id trust Hughes more than Rooney ;D

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 12 Jan 2019, 18:17

Park standard pitch and both teams obliged with park standard football !!! Utter garbage...so so poor from Halesowen and they weren't a lot better !! But they got the result and took home the points... how many points have now been won by the new management team ? How many goals have been scored ? How many shots at goal,, on target ? Don't think there was one today ?new players brought in are worse than those forced out, in my opinion, and have no heart, fight or desire... if they put as much effort into playing as they do whinging whining and bickering they would be ok !! Your not in the premier league just get on with it.... same old same old every week yet every side we play against encourages each other and are together as a team, again this is led from the dugout, seldom do you hear the ranting and language from opposing managers, as was so evident again today , especially at the final whistle !!! The ref ain't to blame for another shocking performance!! Get it togeather and concentrate on doing the job you were brought in to do... unless things change quickly relegation is a cert .... a good pub side would beat us at the moment....

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Jan 2019, 18:19

The honeymoons over. The gloves are off again. We are crap. When the new pair came in I saw something resembling football emerging again. I was pleased. Well it's gone. We've lost JH's long ball and gained, well, erm, nothing. That is what we currently have, nothing. In the poorest league since the Banks's days we look absolutely clueless. Were not scoring goals because we create nothing, nothing at all. Alvechurch today we're not a patch on when they visited us, they looked very poor yet still created 3 or 4 chances to our none. Not an effort on target. Again.
I can't at this moment see any way out of this at all unless 3 other teams prove worse than us ( god help them). 49 players, that's FORTY NINE players have appeared so far this season, and I don't think we would be any better if they all played at once. We're down.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 12 Jan 2019, 18:58

Well I saw an improved display with both forwards now defending and not standing on the half way line like statues. I thought there was more fight in the team and defensively we were solid. Lost to a superb free kick. The new striker looked sharp even though he has not had much football these past 12 months and this is the first pairing between André and Dan
I have only recently started following the club so I do not know much about the previous regime but I followed hednesford when these managers were there first time and they did a great job , which is why they were recalled for a second term

Mike

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Jan 2019, 19:12

Mikeev02 wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 18:58
Well I saw an improved display with both forwards now defending and not standing on the half way line like statues. I thought there was more fight in the team and defensively we were solid. Lost to a superb free kick. The new striker looked sharp even though he has not had much football these past 12 months and this is the first pairing between André and Dan
I have only recently started following the club so I do not know much about the previous regime but I followed hednesford when these managers were there first time and they did a great job , which is why they were recalled for a second term

Mike
No offence, but are you kidding us?
More solid at the back, agreed. Absolutely NOTHING else.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 12 Jan 2019, 19:20

andy wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 19:12
Mikeev02 wrote:

Mike
No offence, but are you kidding us?
More solid at the back, agreed. Absolutely NOTHING else.
I second that don’t know what game you were watching but I thought it was appalling.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Jan 2019, 19:27

Mikeev02 wrote:
The new striker looked sharp

🤣😂🙄🤣