Coalville

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville

Post by drummyb » 05 Jan 2019, 17:22

Very much a game of two halves. First half. I cant find the words to explain how bad we were. All the usual ones dont describe it enough. Second half. Well the two subs helped and I think someone put something in the tea because their was much more urgency and we actually created chances. I still think we're going down. I can live with that if we at least put some bloody effort in like in the second half.
Never mind a goal scorer. Our defence has been absolutely atrocious. Saw it at Hitchin, Redditch, Stourbr*dge and again today. We've shipped 14 goals in 5 matches. Its relegation form.

But again. Play like the second half and I'll be more accepting that we have at least tried.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Jan 2019, 17:23

The two subs should be starting games. No idea why they didn't. Fitness, over the busy winter period, maybe?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 05 Jan 2019, 17:47

St Neots won so we’re down to 21st in the table.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Jan 2019, 17:53

After my “let’s stick with it” comment on Tuesday, I am raging about that joke of a showing today.

First half, disgrace. Joe Fitzpatrick- I have never seen a player visibly give up like he did today. At fault for the second goal and just moans and sulks for the rest of the half. I hope he never pulls on a Yeltz shirt again.

Also, if Rob is looking for someone to play up top and clown about for 90 mins- clattering into defenders whilst they’re up winning headers, niggling defenders and feigning injuries- then I am personally quite happy to step into the team at Alvechurch and do all of that. I’ll even do it for free, which is presumably an improvement on paying Lee Hughes.

No new manager bounce means we are up to our necks now. New striker is the priority, if we are going to persevere with two up top. But let’s never have a performance like that today where the lack of effort is so obvious.

PS- also heard the Coalville team loudly enquiring to Lee Hughes’s whereabouts after the game- sounds like he wasn’t too keen to show up for his pre-agreed scrap after legging it off at the final whistle.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Jan 2019, 17:58

piearce9 wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 17:53
After my “let’s stick with it” comment on Tuesday, I am raging about that joke of a showing today.

First half, disgrace. Joe Fitzpatrick- I have never seen a player visibly give up like he did today. At fault for the second goal and just moans and sulks for the rest of the half. I hope he never pulls on a Yeltz shirt again.

Also, if Rob is looking for someone to play up top and clown about for 90 mins- clattering into defenders whilst they’re up winning headers, niggling defenders and feigning injuries- then I am personally quite happy to step into the team at Alvechurch and do all of that. I’ll even do it for free, which is presumably an improvement on paying Lee Hughes.

No new manager bounce means we are up to our necks now. New striker is the priority, if we are going to persevere with two up top. But let’s never have a performance like that today where the lack of effort is so obvious.

PS- also heard the Coalville team loudly enquiring to Lee Hughes’s whereabouts after the game- sounds like he wasn’t too keen to show up for his pre-agreed scrap after legging it off at the final whistle.
Please don't take this the wrong way, it's meant as a compliment (I think?), but you know we're up shit creek when you're so vocal about us being poor.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Jan 2019, 18:00

It's already been said but how on earth Kelly and Rae don't start is beyond me. They show passion, commitment and are both damn good players. I suggested to Jack as he came on that he show the others what passion was. He did. We played well. It's all it takes because we're not a bad side when we want to play. It just seems that heads drop far to quickly with some of the lads and then we get totally overrun. Thank god half time came when it did or it could have been a cricket score. I'll still say that this group of players can keep us up easily. I'll still say if they don't put it in for 90 minutes every week we'll get relegated. Easily.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Jan 2019, 18:03

andy wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 18:00
It's already been said but how on earth Kelly and Rae don't start is beyond me. They show passion, commitment and are both damn good players. I suggested to Jack as he came on that he show the others what passion was. He did. We played well. It's all it takes because we're not a bad side when we want to play. It just seems that heads drop far to quickly with some of the lads and then we get totally overrun. Thank god half time came when it did or it could have been a cricket score. I'll still say that this group of players can keep us up easily. I'll still say if they don't put it in for 90 minutes every week we'll get relegated. Easily.
Agreed. The talent is there. But the effort, passion and commitment isn't.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Jan 2019, 18:04

Haha. Mr Blue Sky has gone rogue, I know.

I can honestly take the bad luck, the ineptitude, the general lack of ideas, the basic tactics, etc etc. But when players give up like Fitzpatrick did today I go mad.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Jan 2019, 18:05

piearce9 wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 17:53

That's another strange one for me. Against Banbury MOM at centre half, then moved into midfield and had 2 stinkers.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Jan 2019, 18:07

The reality is, in spite of a new management team, we've carried on in the same if not slightly worse vein. For all the previous two's faults, the team at least played as a team despite its shortcomings. I am in no way suggesting we have made a mistake, but there is clearly a problem within the dressing room. I sensed at the end of the first half a tension between the players. I suspect we wont be able to judge the new guys until next season, when there will have been time to plan and build properly, as opposed to getting players in quickly. Its quite clear we arent good enough for this league but we've been dicing with relegation for a few years if Im honest.