Coalville

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville

Post by juanillo » 05 Jan 2019, 21:14

Simons wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 19:55
What I can't understand is that half of the team and I am including Sweeney in that were playing regularly for Hednesford, and it isn't as though they were particularly struggling in a so called better league.
Good point.

I'm not claiming it's any better but I think it's a myth that this league is much worse. In the NPL this season, there are probably only 7 or 8 decent teams as well.
In a season when we rarely score, let alone win, we managed to beat Matlock and Grantham quite easily, even if they have improved whilst we have got worse.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Jan 2019, 22:32

In theory all the leagues across our level should be of a similar standard. Bit difficult to judge when we look so poor at times. But then we looked poor the last two or three years in a similar league structure.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Jan 2019, 22:47

juanillo wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 21:14
Simons wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 19:55
What I can't understand is that half of the team and I am including Sweeney in that were playing regularly for Hednesford, and it isn't as though they were particularly struggling in a so called better league.
Good point.

I'm not claiming it's any better but I think it's a myth that this league is much worse. In the NPL this season, there are probably only 7 or 8 decent teams as well.
In a season when we rarely score, let alone win, we managed to beat Matlock and Grantham quite easily, even if they have improved whilst we have got worse.
As I said before the season started the standard at this level has to be lower because we have 'promoted' a further 20odd clubs that wouldn't have been at this level to make up a new division. The NPL will be poorer also. Unfortunately we have fallen to the bottom of the new pile also. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 05 Jan 2019, 23:02

And as I said in reply at the time, it's not the promoted clubs that have lowered the standard, it's the ones that would ordinarily have been relegated but weren't...

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Jan 2019, 23:45

Not neccessarily if those teams have strengthened. Its much of a muchness anyhoo. We're very poor. Anything else is irrelevant.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 06 Jan 2019, 08:23

Another shocking result and poor performance... first half just fell apart ripped open just about every single time they attacked... got better in second half, but the damage was already done...interestingly after two substitutes, established players came on ??? New management team seem to have come in rubbished the squad and seem intent on replacing every player ? They will, as John hill was , be judged on results.. not looking too good at the moment.... maybe should have integrated one or two, possibly three or four players and gave the old squad a chance and change the style of play, long ball, into a more footballing style ? There's no evidence in change of style, tactics and the passion desire and fight seem to have gone as well ?? New players coming in are no better than those that have gone in my opinion and lack commitment and desire...he said he won't tollorate the same bad performance against reditch..... where does he go now then ???

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 06 Jan 2019, 18:27

Halesowen Town 1 Coalville Town 3

Halesowen slipped to second from bottom in the table after shipping three goals in a nightmare first-half.

Lee Hughes hit a long range shot at goalkeeper Richard Walton in the 4th minute but then took a poor first touch to miss a golden chance at the far post after returning loan player Joel Taylor made a superb 6th minute run down the left.

The Yeltz soon paid the price and fell behind when Andrew WRIGHT drilled home into the bottom corner after the home defence hesitated to clear in the 7th minute. Dan Platt then made a good low save at his post after Scott McManus found space down the left in the 12th minute. A 15th minute shot from Dan Sweeney fell just wide and Kieran Morris went close for Halesowen in the 22nd minute on the turn before Coalville established their overall superiority with two further goals.

The visitors doubled their lead when Alex DEAN’s 25 yard shot took a wicked deflection to leave deceived goalkeeper Platt standing in the 27th minute. It soon became 3-0 after 32 minutes when the Ravens strolled through the home defence and the ball was pushed through for Kairo MITCHELL to stroke home in front of goal.

Confident Coalville continued to carve out plenty of chances as Tom McGlinchey went close with a 36th minute far post header and Wright fired across the face of goal three minutes later on their way to reeling off their fourth successive league win.

Billy Murphy headed on top of the Coalville net in the 45th minute but Platt made another great save from Tim Berridge and Sam Griffiths cleared another effort off the line with Coalville well on top in the last action of the first period.

Halesowen made a much livelier start to the second half and HUGHES turned home a low cross from Sweeney to pull a goal back from close range in the 53rd minute. But Platt continued to keep Coalville at bay with a brilliant one-handed save to keep out a Curtis Burrows header from a 54th minute corner.

As the Yeltz tried to repair the damage, Taylor fired into the side-netting in the 56th minute and Taylor’s 60th minute shot was pushed away by visiting goalkeeper Walton for a corner. Hughes then set up Sweeney in the 70th minute, but his low shot fell just wide to earn a corner.

The Ravens almost added a fourth goal in the 83rd minute when McManus struck the bar from a free-kick and his team-mates were unable to convert the rebound.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Matt Curley (Jack Kelly 46), Sam Griffiths, Joe Fitzpatrick (Jack Rea 46), Kieran Morris, Callam Mendez-Jones, Danny Bragoli (c), Billy Murphy, Lee Hughes, Dan Sweeney, Joel Taylor. Subs Not Used: Mathias Bakare, Ivor Lawton, Harry Higginson.

Coalville Town: Richard Walton; Alex Dean, Scott McManus, Steve Towers (c), Dean Freeman, Curtis Burrows, Luke Shaw, Andrew Wright, Tim Berridge (Kyle Perry 72), Kairo Mitchell (Dan Creaney 90), Tom McGlinchey. Subs Not Used: Matthew Coton, Leandro Browne.

Referee: Robert Hathaway Attendance: 358
Booked: Towers (35), Burrows (62), McManus (65), Hughes (65), Freeman (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Harrison, George, Olly & Harrison: Dan Platt