Re: Tamworth

Post by Poll » 08 Dec 2018, 17:02

St Neots won, so we’re in the bottom three :(

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Dec 2018, 17:30

Another second half disaster.
We showed some bright touches in the first 45 minutes but we were clearly second best in the next session.
Much work to be done and another half a dozen players needed.
To make 17 on the pitch to give us a chance of getting something!
Our new sponsors, SevenCapital, were at the game today, along with Express & Star and Halesowen News for a sponsorship launch.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Dec 2018, 18:42

Poll wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 17:02
St Neots won, so we’re in the bottom three :(

And second bottom Hitchen, who have won their last 2, have 3 games in hand on us. I have to say though, despite a total lack of chances today, something still feels different to me. I really think we will turn this round.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Dec 2018, 19:02

Very poor and flat, which is a shame as there were green shoots on Tuesday. Rob and Larry seem to be signing players made of glass as three of them are injured already.

I get the impression from listening to them behind the dugout that they are quite dismayed to the quality already in the squad. I’d be surprised if we see more of Lawton after he was hoiked early doors following a nightmare showing.

With the exception of Platt, I honestly don’t know who we’d keep out of the Hill squad. One point from three home fixtures shows how tough a job they have to do here. More signings this week, I’d imagine.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 08 Dec 2018, 19:24

A very poor performance, other people have already said very flat lack of action in a very poor game. Tamworth were there for the taking who are also very poor and if we can’t beat teams like that I am very worried.

I would also be very surprised if we see Lawton again after getting subbed very early doors. Him and bragoli I will be surprised if they are still early. But I will also say I was not overly impressed with the players brought in I know they need to bed in but not one showed any real quality in my eyes.

There was only one player today that showed any real quality and desire to win I thought and it was Asa Charlton who I thought played superbly, but the rest were poor to say the least.

Another major struggle in this league.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Dec 2018, 20:14

Not much happened in the first half but at least we were on a par. The second half was so lacklustre and we were innocuous and toothless. We never looked like scoring, so once Chris Lait showed some quality by waltzing through, the game was up and Tamworth saw out the game comfortably.

No new manager bounce thus far; in the parlous position we are in, with Hitchin and Lowestoft next, we need a minimum of 4 points.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 09 Dec 2018, 08:55

lutleyyeltz wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 17:30
Another second half disaster.
We showed some bright touches in the first 45 minutes but we were clearly second best in the next session.
Much work to be done and another half a dozen players needed.
To make 17 on the pitch to give us a chance of getting something!
Our new sponsors, SevenCapital, were at the game today, along with Express & Star and Halesowen News for a sponsorship launch.
Is this meant to be some sort of limerick, Lutters? ;)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Dec 2018, 10:21

Westyeltz wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 08:55
Is this meant to be some sort of limerick, Lutters? ;)
There were two men- Rob and Larry,
Who took on a job cautionary,
But it’s much better still,
Than our friends Clarke and Hill,
Who’d buy players from “Cash and Carry”

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 09 Dec 2018, 11:18

Halesowen Town 0 Tamworth 1

Substitute Chris Lait’s late winner was just enough for improving Tamworth to snatch all three points and leave Halesowen without a league win since early October.

At the start of an even but subdued first period, Dan Sweeney laid the ball off for Callum Coyle to be crowded out in the 8th minute and Coyle then fired high and wide after 15 minutes. Home goalkeeper Kieran Boucher saved Gregg Smith’s 18th minute low shot and then tipped away a rising shot under his crossbar for a corner from Reon Potts in Tamworth’s first attempts of the game.

Sweeney did well down the left to cross for Ivor Lawton in the 24th minute, but goalkeeper Jas Singh saved low down near his post. Before the interval, Sweeney put over another dangerous cross and then forced Halesowen’s first corner in the 42nd minute, leading to a high and rising shot from captain Danny Bragoli.

There remained little to separate the teams as the game progressed into the second half with neither goalkeeper too troubled, although a 56th minute low shot from Jack Kelly was easily collected by Singh from a long-range free-kick.

But Tamworth’s introduction of Lait after an hour proved to be the game-changer and he was immediately into action down the left when he squared the ball into the danger zone, but Kris Green’s 63rd minute shot was cleared off the line by Kelly. Sweeney went close at the other end a minute later, but Tamworth managed to scramble clear.

Halesowen’s misfortune with injuries to their new signings continued when Matt Curley left the field on his debut after lengthy treatment to a 70th minute head injury.

The Lambs snatched their solitary winner in the 80th minute when David Parkhouse supplied the ball for former Yeltzman LAIT to waltz around the home defenders down the left and fire into the bottom corner of the net from a wide angle. In the final minute of normal time Boucher parried away a shot from Tamworth substitute Cameron Johnson.

Halesowen Town: Kieran Boucher; Matt Curley (Lee Hughes 71), Jack Kelly, Danny Bragoli (c), Kieran Morris, Asa Charlton, Ivor Lawton (Joab Wheatley 31), Callum Coyle, Dan Sweeney, Lewis Reilly, Joel Taylor. Subs Not Used: Tobias Hayles-Docherty, Harry Higginson, Dan Platt (GK)

Tamworth: Jas Singh; Kristian Green, Jordan Gough, Fortune Maphosa, Zak Lilly, Charlie Jemson, Tyrell Waite (Chris Lait 60), Aman Verma (c), Gregg Smith, David Parkhouse (Cameron Johnson 81), Reon Potts (Rhys Sharpe 60). Subs Not Used: Jordan Clement, Lee Evans.

Referee: Scott Tallis Attendance: 505
Booked: Lawton (30), Wheatley (49), Jemson (74), Kelly (84)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Ace Embroidery and Tulleys Print: Dan Sweeney

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Dec 2018, 11:21

It wasn't great, was it? It was a poor game, from both teams, Tamworth just about edging it. I assumed having 5 home games in December would be a blessing for new management, but in hindsight it probably would have been beneficial not to have had a busy schedule and have time to train with the players instead.

I didn't expect miracles or an instant impact but 1 point from 3 home games isn't a good start, although I can see improvements in the way we're playing. We need a win soon, not only to aid our league position but just to get that first win for the management, the longer they go without a win the bigger issue it becomes.

Unfortunately it is going to take time to put their stamp on this side, and for the new players to bed in. Fortunately we do have a good amount of games left to go.

I believe we are now seeing the absolute mess we have been left with, we're going to need patience while it is sorted out.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz