Alvechurch

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alvechurch

Post by juanillo » 04 Dec 2018, 21:40

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 21:39
They deserved that. Gutting. Just gutting. It was coming, though.
it's been one way traffic and they nearly won it

FT 1-1

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2018, 21:41

Ft
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 04 Dec 2018, 21:46

Well it was a good show from our back 3 and the keeper. The possession stats would be overwhelmingly against us. and it was so frustrating not to have held out but on balance we really should've lost.

There were one or two positives especially in the first half and hopefully when the manager has had the players together a while, we can stop the slide.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Dec 2018, 21:50

Well. Despite being under the cosh, we battled. Perhaps a bit sloppy in the final third and giving the ball away invited pressure. Nonetheless, I actually enjoyed that. I think once the team gels, we'll play some decent stuff.

I didnt watch Sweeney before. I thought he looked sharp but perhaps a bit guilty of holding the ball to long at times.

Hitchin next for me. Hope we stuff the Brummie overspill!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Dec 2018, 21:57

I'd have taken a point before kick off, I'm not sure if we were just poor second half, but Church looked the best team I've seen this season. They impressed me more than Stourbr*dge or Kettering did.

In the first half we played some really good stuff and I thought we deservedly took a 1 goal lead into the break. The second half we just sat back. I'm not sure whether that was tactical by our new management or whether our players sat back due to a lack of confidence. Whatever the reason, it ultimately cost us, as it's very difficult to defend your 18 yard box for the entire 45 minutes.

A few positives to take but, as expected, a lot to work on. All in all, its much more enjoyable now than it previously was and I'm very much enjoying the good mood and renewed hope in the stands. I'm looking forward to Saturday, still!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Dec 2018, 22:06

Admittedly not been to all games but agree with the praise of Alvechurch- a very good side- and so it’s testament to the progress we’ve made that we nearly nicked a win.

The players coming in are making an impact- they have the quality and competence we have been missing. Credit to Karen and Keith as well who have obviously backed the new management team to get the right calibre of signings.

Look forward to seeing who comes in before
Saturday!

And great support in The Shed tonight, plenty of noise throughout the game. Top effort from the conductors.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2018, 22:12

Tonight really felt like a turning point to me. We took a point, albeit a touch fortuetously, against easily the best side to come here this season. Until they pegged us back for most of the second half we played a lot of neat football and never resorted to the rubbish we're used to. There were a lot of positives out there for me tonight and we would have beaten a lesser side. Alvechurch were good, had to be, because we have that a real good go.
Bring on Tamworth! ^-^
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 04 Dec 2018, 22:42

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 21:57
In the first half we played some really good stuff and I thought we deservedly took a 1 goal lead into the break. The second half we just sat back. I'm not sure whether that was tactical by our new management or whether our players sat back due to a lack of confidence. Whatever the reason, it ultimately cost us, as it's very difficult to defend your 18 yard box for the entire 45 minutes.

A few positives to take but, as expected, a lot to work on. All in all, its much more enjoyable now than it previously was and I'm very much enjoying the good mood and renewed hope in the stands. I'm looking forward to Saturday, still!
I'm not sure Alvechurch were quite as impressive as some are making out; we inevitably lack confidence and it's not surprising we don't look like a unit yet. Barwell were all over us if you recall although we were bad. Alvechurch did have a lot of the play but I think a lot of it was due to the fact that we did seemingly sit back in the second half and the players who were designated wing backs didn't get forward enough to support the forwards... but it's adapting to a new system.

In that formation we certainly need a stronger unit in the midfield and having the holding midfielder collecting the habitual yellow early on didn't help; we can certainly improve in that area.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 04 Dec 2018, 23:16

Look Westy and the Brummie, united as collaborators, I think that the Pierce character should be charged with treason for being so irreverent and not displaying his GEORGE that you so cheaply and flippently bestowed upon him .

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 04 Dec 2018, 23:51

In terms of the result it was very disappointing to concede so late in the game but I guess it was inevitable after a constant barrage of pressure from Alvechurch in the second half. As mentioned you probably would have settled for a draw before the game but always gutting when it’s a late goal.

I feel credit has to go to Alvechurch, I thought they played with a great tempo and energy and I would say they were one of the most entertaining teams i’ve seen us play against.

Overall I thought it was much more an enjoyable game from our perspective tonight. I felt we played some decent stuff the first half and deservedly went in ahead at half time. Yes we did sit back in the second half but felt we defended resolutely up until the last minute and every player deserves credit tonight. I believe under the previous management we would have lost that game tonight for certain.

Good to see a freshness about the team with the new signings which have made a difference already. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another one or two before the weekend.

Special mention to our fans tonight in particular The Shed which was buzzing - great to see. Feel like the good olds days are coming back!