Spennymoor

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Spennymoor

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Nov 2018, 18:47

juanillo wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 18:19
Thanks to the hardy few for the updates today.

Sounds like a real drubbing after a good start. Letting in 8 is careless to put it mildly, notwithstanding the opposition.

I'm sure it wouldn't have made much difference to the result, but I just don't get the point of the manager staying on, and makes me concerned about who's coming in, especially if the outgoing manager is helping with the selection.
If John Hill is helping in the selection we may as well all go home.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 24 Nov 2018, 19:04

According to fb Dominic Hill can on for Lee Hughes. Is this right? Isn’t Hill a goalie? Was Hughes injured?

At the moment it looks like we will be struggling to have enough players for future games. Injuries / suspensions will add up if we only had 14 today.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Nov 2018, 19:06

To echo Brother Pollard’s comments, it was an oddly entertaining afternoon.
We stood in the ommocking rain in the first half and we were the better side for 10 minutes and maybe even deserved the lead(s).
But every time they attached, they scored.
Our keeper actually played pretty well and saved another two or three that should hebe gone in.
It was a free swing of a match and a pretty odd outcome, but not really a cause for concern, as nothing is any different than it was after Tuesday.
I’d rather the stuffing today than against our old friends at Rushden next Tuesday, and then let’s see what the new King can do.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Nov 2018, 19:09

YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 19:06
To echo Brother Pollard’s comments, it was an oddly entertaining afternoon.
We stood in the ommocking rain in the first half and we were the better side for 10 minutes and maybe even deserved the lead(s).
But every time they attached, they scored.
Our keeper actually played pretty well and saved another two or three that should hebe gone in.
It was a free swing of a match and a pretty odd outcome, but not really a cause for concern, as nothing is any different than it was after Tuesday.
I’d rather the stuffing today than against our old friends at Rushden next Tuesday, and then let’s see what the new King can do.
Good report doc.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 24 Nov 2018, 19:09

Echo the above. By no way does the score line reflect the game really. Not saying we should have won but it was random.Just a bizarre match all round.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 24 Nov 2018, 20:17

One place and one point above the relegation zone.
An away game on Tuesday and then three home games in seven days. Our season could well be decided in the next fortnight, in my humble.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Nov 2018, 20:36

lutleyyeltz wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 20:17
One place and one point above the relegation zone.
An away game on Tuesday and then three home games in seven days. Our season could well be decided in the next fortnight, in my humble.
I think there's a different perspective on things now. If JH was still in charge then these games WOULD be critical already. With a new manager coming in (and yes JH has offered to help recommend or assist after appointment) ANYTHING could happen. We may have a slow rebuild and hopefully survive and then kick on, or we may be instantly transformed. We don't know, that's the joy of expectancy regarding football. This, along with the new owners is a great opportunity and I can't wait!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 24 Nov 2018, 20:58

In full agreement with that, Andy.
Let's hope that the new optimism translates into results. I also am looking forward to the next few games with renewed hope.
Various extremities crossed!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 24 Nov 2018, 21:04

It was a game that we weren’t expected to win and it sounds like a strange afternoon, so let’s not dwell on the fact we leaked eight!

New manager got plenty to do. Shame that Morris got his marching orders today- he’s been one of the more consistent performers in recent weeks and his suspension will keep him out of some big games.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Nov 2018, 10:15