Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell

Post by crezza94 » 21 Nov 2018, 15:14

What hold has he over the club? -.-

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 21 Nov 2018, 16:01

None I'd imagine, other than a little bit of loyalty.
For what it's worth yes it was awful the last couple of years, but hands were very much tied, and to stay up, no matter how desperate everyone thought it was, was the only thing they had to do and they did it. New owners gave a new lease of life and also, this is where the loyalty comes in, at least give them the chance to see how they get on with the football side only and not having to worry about the looney off the pitch. It hasn't gone well, bar a few more cup wins for a change, and I think the loyalty is well and truly exhausted.
We've never been a firing club if that means anything to anyone. But we've also made the right decision when it's been needed. Forgetting the Morell years of course. For me personally, I think it's time to say thanks very much but we need a new direction. Luckily I didn't see the last two performances.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Nov 2018, 17:27

crezza94 wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 15:14
What hold has he over the club? -.-
Probably nothing, he's just been very lucky not to get sacked by now. In part due to an unscrupulous owner and then decent owners who are showing too much loyalty now.

It is a fair question, though. And one that needs to be asked, IMO.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Nov 2018, 17:31

I simply cannot believe that he had not walked. I really thought that was it. John said it was 'vicious' last night, unless I missed anything it wasn't. It was people singing we want John Hill out, booing, and shouting about how crap we are. I hope there was nothing personal said as we should be above that, but he has to except that everyone is at the end of their tether and are going to vent their spleen at the one person who is failing to change it. The excuses about who was missing last night is almost irrelevant, this has gone on for years now, not weeks or months, years. And anyway if the players out there are not good enough why did he bring them in? John must understand that this is nothing personal, probably a nice guy, but people no longer want him to continue in the role of manager of HTFC.
I'm seriously at the point of putting my season ticket in the bin. If the club will not listen to what EVERY fan seems to want what is the point of even going. We are obviously of no consequence whatsoever.
It's dire, it's dross, it's a complete waste of time.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 21 Nov 2018, 17:32

I think the ‘hands very much tied’ thing is a myth personally. We have had some good players over the last few years who have normally been left sitting on the bench. It’s not as though we haven’t had them or the manager wasn’t allowed to bring them in. They understandably left because they weren’t playing. ‘They didn’t fit the managers plans’. Meanwhile, less talented players were playing week in, week out instead

The Halesowen News article is just a regurgitation of what we have seen countless times over the last few years. Almost all of it was so predictable most of us could have probably written it in advance of it being published.

When the takeover was happening in the summer a lot was made that the club was being bought back for the fans. Well, if none of the fans want the management duo here anymore, and they aren’t sacked, do the opinions of the fans matter as much as people were led to believe?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Nov 2018, 18:11

I think the fans opinions do matter. Karen et al arent stupid. Theyll be aware of this forum. Theyll also equally be aware of numbers dropping, should they drop from 400 odd on a Saturday. Im aware we can pull higher crowds, but 400 odd for a struggling team isnt horrendous and more than some of our struggling rivals.
I firmly beleive, although not there, last night was the first public protest. More of that and it becomes more of a problem.
Id love John to turn it round and get us up near the top and challenging consistently. I just dont beleive he is the man to do it and certainly the team we have now, is worse than the one that got promoted imho. Not all his fault, but he has a big part in it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Nov 2018, 18:23

drummyb wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 18:11
I think the fans opinions do matter. Karen et al arent stupid. Theyll be aware of this forum. Theyll also equally be aware of numbers dropping, should they drop from 400 odd on a Saturday. Im aware we can pull higher crowds, but 400 odd for a struggling team isnt horrendous and more than some of our struggling rivals.
I firmly beleive, although not there, last night was the first public protest. More of that and it becomes more of a problem.
Id love John to turn it round and get us up near the top and challenging consistently. I just dont beleive he is the man to do it and certainly the team we have now, is worse than the one that got promoted imho. Not all his fault, but he has a big part in it.
That's just it though, people don't want it 'turned round' anymore. People are openly saying they want us to lose by as many as possible to bring an end to this sorry state of affairs quickly.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Nov 2018, 18:38

andy wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 17:31
I simply cannot believe that he had not walked. I really thought that was it. John said it was 'vicious' last night, unless I missed anything it wasn't. It was people singing we want John Hill out, booing, and shouting about how crap we are. I hope there was nothing personal said as we should be above that, but he has to except that everyone is at the end of their tether and are going to vent their spleen at the one person who is failing to change it. The excuses about who was missing last night is almost irrelevant, this has gone on for years now, not weeks or months, years. And anyway if the players out there are not good enough why did he bring them in? John must understand that this is nothing personal, probably a nice guy, but people no longer want him to continue in the role of manager of HTFC.
I'm seriously at the point of putting my season ticket in the bin. If the club will not listen to what EVERY fan seems to want what is the point of even going. We are obviously of no consequence whatsoever.
It's dire, it's dross, it's a complete waste of time.
I must admit, right now, I feel like sending my season ticket back to the club. I hate to say it, but I'd enjoy seeing the next home match played out infront of less than 100 fans, just to drive the point home. But what would that really achieve?

I tried to boycott home games last season, hence the now redundant username. But you only really spite yourself. The on the pitch situation isn't great, as has been discussed, but there's many a good person at the Grove that I enjoy speaking to.

I doubt my, or your non-attendance would make one bit of difference. I think it's pretty clear that John isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so it matters little what we say, do or think. That's a sad indictment as to where we stand as a club, after all the positivity after the takeover.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Nov 2018, 18:44

Yeah. I cant say Id ever want us to lose and by turning it around, I meant bring us success. In fact Id be happy with something enjoyable to watch consistently.Nothing personal against him. I dont think he is trying to fail. But he is. I dont know him, but id imagine he wont walk himself.
But as I said, I dont think hes the man to do it. Part of me is also thinking, is the cup game, which is potentially a money earner, playing some part in any moves.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Nov 2018, 19:12

drummyb wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 18:44
Part of me is also thinking, is the cup game, which is potentially a money earner, playing some part in any moves.
It is a money earner. So maybe an eyewateringly bad defeat will be a good thing. This is a competition we have been notoriously bad in under ALL managers and I would love to have a run in it but.....