Barwell

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell

Post by juanillo » 20 Nov 2018, 21:34

I really can't believe there are 3 worse teams in this division than us...but I'm not expecting any change, except the ever dwindling attendances

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 20 Nov 2018, 21:40

Lost 2.0

Utter garbage. Something has to change and NOW!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Nov 2018, 21:54

The reception at the end said it all. It was loud and it wasn't good.

I don't have the energy to rant, I had my last rant Saturday. I'm apathetic now.

I'll let the others tell you how bad it is and what needs to be done.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Nov 2018, 21:57

The whole thing is a disgrace. I have no faith whatsoever that change will be forthcoming because of what has been said by the relevant people in the past. If change isn’t made, what happens then? The new owners have to held accountable just as any other owners would be. It’s been six months now and there is no sign of anything changing. As far as I can see things are worse on the pitch than they ever have been

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Nov 2018, 22:08

Lowestoft won tonight. We are just 1 point off the relegation zone. It's not looking good.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Nov 2018, 22:16

That was an absolute disgrace!
No disrespect to Barwell but, against us, they looked world class.The major excitement was a flare on the pitch in the second half - possibly from a fan wanting to be rescued from this near death experience!
If John Hill and Matt Clarke have any respect for themselves, and the club, they should go -TONIGHT!
If this is allowed to go on we'll be a " one man and his dog" team.
There must be someone out there that could do a better job and rescue our season - as long as it's not Theresa May!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Nov 2018, 22:17

I'm simply lost for words. Probably the first time in my life. But I'll give it a go. As JB said that should have been 8. Against Barwell. Aside from the days when we could only field kids (and at least they gave it a good go) that was one of the most one sided games I can remember. Ever. Not a shot on goal. Not a challenge in earnest. 2 or 3 players in that team will hurt after that, the others not a jot. Journeymen, loan players, strangers, and we looked it. The only good thing that will come out of it is I am utterly convinced JH will not be in charge on Saturday. Can't be. If he doesn't resign he will be asked to go. Of this I am sure. It is the lowest ebb I have EVER seen here.
Honestly, for those not there, it really was that bad.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Nov 2018, 22:24

PS If nothing does change then I think it is high time for another boycott. If nothing is going to change we have to join the hundreds of others in not going. Seriously.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 20 Nov 2018, 22:37

Halesowen Town 0 Barwell 2

Hapless Halesowen were well beaten in a game completely dominated from start to finish by Barwell. Prior to the kick-off a one-minute silence was held in remembrance of long-time volunteer and supporter Derek Spittle.

The Yeltz failed to register one shot on target throughout the whole 90 minutes, meaning their unbeaten home league record crumbled away with barely a whimper. In a poor first half display, only Lewis Reilly went close with a header over the bar. Otherwise the first period belonged to Barwell, who could think themselves unlucky not to be more than one goal ahead at the interval. Captain Brady Hickey drew the first save from Cameron Gregory with a 2nd minute shot from 20 yards. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake turned with his back to goal in the 20th minute but couldn’t find enough power after Jamie Towers headed on from a corner, earned after a good cross from lively Robert Morgan was turned away. In continued pressure, Lee Hildreth side-stepped his marker in the 24th minute, but his 20 yard shot was tipped away by goalkeeper Gregory and Morgan then played the ball for Ebanks-Blake to find Hickey, but his volley was blocked three minutes later.

The Canaries finally took a deserved lead in the 37th minute when a fine threaded ball forward from midfield was dummied, allowing Eliot PUTNAM to come up on the outside and convert with his shot bouncing off Gregory into the net. Barwell almost doubled their lead in the 42nd minute when substitute Sam Tonks lost out, allowing Hickey to square to Towers and, although he beat the keeper, the ball rebounded to safety off the inside of the far post.

There was no improvement from lethargic Halesowen after the break and substitute Tonks was himself substituted early in the second period after Danny Bragoli had cleared an effort off the line from Hildreth. The only second half effort for the home side came when Ivor Lawton planted a long range shot well over the Shed and into the car park after 64 minutes.

All the attacking play continued to come from Barwell but Ebanks-Blake could only make a weak contact in the 65th minute, allowing Gregory to save after Towers crossed on a smart break forward. Gregory saved the day again when Morgan was put free on goal two minutes later and the Canaries could and should have been well ahead by the time Hickey struck the left-hand upright in the 73rd minute.

An inevitable second goal finally arrived as Barwell struck the woodwork for the third time in the 76th minute when Hickey’s 20 yard shot rebounded off the underside of the crossbar for EBANKS-BLAKE to head home and mark a triumphant return to the Grove. Barwell then looked certain to pile on the misery with a third goal but Hickey fired over the bar in front of goal after a fabulous lightning break down the right by substitute Jahvan Davidson-Miller in the 80th minute.

The Yeltz ended the game well beaten and were cut apart again in injury time when substitute Jai Rowe fired inches past the post.

Halesowen Town: Cameron Gregory; Bradley Lewis, Jack Kelly, Aaron Gilpin (Sam Tonks 32 (Roland Agbor 56)), Kieran Morris, Michael John Townsend, Tobias Hayles-Docherty, Danny Bragoli (c), Lewis Reilly, Ivor Lawton, Dean Hawkshaw. Subs Not Used: Asa Charlton, Tom Warmer, Dominic Hill (GK).

Barwell: Liam Castle; Elliot Percival, Eliot Putman, Jean-Ruben Desrosiers, Brad-Lee Gascoigne, Alex Tomkinson (Jai Rowe 84), Robert Morgan, Lee Hildreth (Liam Canavan 81), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Jahvan Davidson-Miller 77), Brady Hickey (c), Jamie Towers. Subs Not Used: Tom Bates, Elliot Taylor (GK).

Referee: Richie Watkins Attendance: 269
Booked: None

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 20 Nov 2018, 22:37

You know for the first time since i've supported the TOWN , i ashamedly hoped they would lose tonight to add pressure on Hill and Clarke. I just want them out so that I can return to watch my team. I miss going but will not until those two are replaced.