St Ives

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Ives

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 17 Nov 2018, 17:30

Very poor result against a very poor team. Relegation battle pending ... another long drawn out crap season

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 17 Nov 2018, 17:43

Am I right that we have now scored 3 goals in 7 league away games this year? That’s hardly a record that is going to make people want to travel is it... I can honestly say that my desire to drive to away games has evaporated this season. We really do need something to change, and quickly!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Nov 2018, 17:55

A pity that the example of some members of the Cabinet can't be followed.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 17 Nov 2018, 19:05

andy wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 17:17
cdr80 wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 17:10
Whilst we have a lot to be thankful for with Colin, Karen and co buying the club. When are they going to wake up and smell the coffee and get rid of the management.... I didn’t go at all last year, gave them the benefit of doubt at the beginning of the season but I won’t be returning until they’ve gone.
You're not on your own. There are a lot of long long term fans who will not come until they are gone and others who only come very occasionally. They've had the budget, had the chance, and nothing has improved.
That today was probably the worst I’ve ever seen the Yeltz play. There’s no sign of change, they are getting worse. A lot worse, and you would never have thought that possible from where they have been previously.

It’s also very, very noticeable how few Yeltz fans traveled today. Things have been bad over previous years but at least fans still traveled to games and would pull together in times of crisis like in the MM days. Fans have been lost and this time it feels like the life is finally being sucked out of the club

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 17 Nov 2018, 19:34

Bad result today... Lost to a bang average side... Gave away a cheep goal early on ..should have got one back..a very bad shot from eight yards out !!! Ended up as a throw in !! After that never looked like scoring, same as most games.. A draw would have been a fair result... Need more fire power in the team. And a big strong lad that can receive the ball, hold it up and bring midfield players into the game !! Like the big lad that played for Tamworth on Tuesday ?? Pumping long , high balls up to smaller.. Out numbered strikers does not work !! But we see this every game.... The odd time we did have half a chance today the final pass was very poor... Or again bad decision making... If long ball is going to be the style !! At least get the tools to do the job , someone that will bring out the best in other players. More so and pitch in with a few badly needed goals !!!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Nov 2018, 21:07

Feeling inclined to agree with Yeltz27!!

I can’t be bothered to travel these days. There’s only a hardcore 20-30 that go to most games from what I can gather. Even at Kettering, about an hour away, we hardly took any fans. A real shame.

Bromsgrove got 1000+ today. Stourbr*dge got 600+. Alvechurch are now in 3rd place and would beat us to any signings these days. Even Redditch have picked up and are now above us.

I genuinely think John and Matt have done a decent job over time but the club is crying out for change. The club is losing fans every week. This league is poor and we are really struggling.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Nov 2018, 21:36

piearce9 wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 21:07
Feeling inclined to agree with Yeltz27!!

I can’t be bothered to travel these days. There’s only a hardcore 20-30 that go to most games from what I can gather. Even at Kettering, about an hour away, we hardly took any fans. A real shame.

Bromsgrove got 1000+ today. Stourbr*dge got 600+. Alvechurch are now in 3rd place and would beat us to any signings these days. Even Redditch have picked up and are now above us.

I genuinely think John and Matt have done a decent job over time but the club is crying out for change. The club is losing fans every week. This league is poor and we are really struggling.
Poor performances. Dwindling attendances. Poor results. An embarrassing player turnaround. They have NOT done a decent job. Are they ubsackable? If so we deserve to no why.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Nov 2018, 21:41

Attendances have been an issue for a while. No one seems to care enough to change. Those at the club seem content at accepting the absolute abysmal dross we've been subjected to, why? I, like many, have had enough.

We travel to Spennymoor on Saturday. 4 hour trip there and 4 hour trip back, £70 plus on train fare. I'd be willing to do that, if it wasn't for John Hill.

It's not just me, the management and their style of 'football' are preventing people from watching the club. Shouldn't this be the very catalyst for change?

Surely John and Matt know in themselves they can't take us forward anymore. Why don't they quit for the good of the club? Surely that'd be the right step if they cared about Halesowen Town?

When will the fans' voices be heard?
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 17 Nov 2018, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Nov 2018, 21:59

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 21:36
Poor performances. Dwindling attendances. Poor results. An embarrassing player turnaround. They have NOT done a decent job. Are they ubsackable? If so we deserve to no why.
I doubt we’re going to agree on this but the key thing is the context. The club has been in a right mess over recent years. We’ve needed to scrap and, to be honest, John and Matt have done a decent job to keep us at this level. The No9 derbies are a good example- every year Stour face us with a team that is undeniably better quality, and yet we always get results through being smarter and pluckier than them. They need credit for that. The player turnover is concerning but partially out of their control as players at this level rarely show loyalty. Roberts is a case in point- a great find for us, but quickly cleared off when a better offer came up.

But now the club is on better footing then we should look to be more ambitious. You (ADY) have said this before but we have a good fan base at this level and a huge volume of fans that WOULD come down if there was something more to watch. I get way more concerned about the apathy on the terraces than the quality of the football. I’d have thought that Karen and Keith, both business-minded, will share those worries as well.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Nov 2018, 22:14

I'd be happy to lose the No9 derbies every year to swap places with Stour. Yes we do seem to slightly 'up' the performances for those games, which makes a lot of the other games seem embarrassing. I suggested that a decent run of games under the new ownership was fair for JH and he has had that. We are now struggling in the league again, out of the FA Cup early again, should be out of the Trophy as well to be honest, so there is quite obviously no improvement. Times up.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0