St Ives

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Ives

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Nov 2018, 22:20

Piearce, that's an excellent post tbf. Whilst I agree things haven't been good off the field, on the field we've been abysmal for 4 years now. Nothing excuses that. We've had a constant stream of good players here. Yet they've failed to perform. Why? We've seen a good number of talented players leave the club over those years. Why? We treat the Derby as a cup final. Why is it treated any differently to Barwell away? The net result of a win is three points. I found our over celebrating and players jumping in the crowd, last season at the Memorial, frankly embarrassing, petty and small time. Give me the cup runs, higher attendances and better league position over one win.

Rather than mocking Stour post a lucky win, we could learn a lot from them. Starting by employing a decent manager.

In short, I respectfully disagree.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Nov 2018, 22:54

Beg to differ in part. I think Dourbridge celebrate their wins against us in equal vigour and as a derby its local pride. Im not sure theyre always lucky wins, but this seasons draw was awful, to the point I lost interest. HOWEVER, as you say, we should be able to turn performances into consistant ones. Why was the cup win against Tamworth, which others have said was half decent, preceded by being over run by Prescot for 90 minutes and followed by what youre all saying was awful. We miss Hughes no doubt, but he cant carry us forever and for all his running, hasnt got the legs or pace for the long ball game, against blokes ten years younger.
I was on the fence last year because of financial woes and disarray. But like others have said, we need to move forward on the pitch. Do that and you bring supporters in. I honestly believe, we need a change in management or we continue to stagnate

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 18 Nov 2018, 09:09

andy wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 22:14
I'd be happy to lose the No9 derbies every year to swap places with Stour. Yes we do seem to slightly 'up' the performances for those games, which makes a lot of the other games seem embarrassing. I suggested that a decent run of games under the new ownership was fair for JH and he has had that. We are now struggling in the league again, out of the FA Cup early again, should be out of the Trophy as well to be honest, so there is quite obviously no improvement. Times up.
Oh s##t! We're back on the Buzzcocks references again ;) Boredom is setting in with me.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Nov 2018, 12:39

Westyeltz wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 09:09
andy wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 22:14
I'd be happy to lose the No9 derbies every year to swap places with Stour. Yes we do seem to slightly 'up' the performances for those games, which makes a lot of the other games seem embarrassing. I suggested that a decent run of games under the new ownership was fair for JH and he has had that. We are now struggling in the league again, out of the FA Cup early again, should be out of the Trophy as well to be honest, so there is quite obviously no improvement. Times up.
Oh s##t! We're back on the Buzzcocks references again ;) Boredom is setting in with me.
Ooh a double one Brother Westwood, like it! Mine was purely unintentional by the way, whereas you, you know you can't help it. :D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Nov 2018, 19:37

I've had a day to reflect on yesterday's showing; I can't get to all the games, but I've managed 4 at home and 4 away, mainly the eastward ones.

Apart from Rushall, the home performances have mostly been draw-scraping matches and the away ones have been worsening non-events. I could accept a defeat at Kettering as they will be near the top, but Bedworth was the worst game I've witnessed at this level, salvaged only by a last gasp winner, Leiston was one way traffic from start to finish and yesterday we managed to concede 2 against the lowest scoring team and we barely laid a glove on them.

Even if we were dogged at Royston and were ok at Tamworth (in the most meaningless of the competitions we enter), there has been no visible improvement after last season's showing which in any other season would've finished in relegation.

The lack of continuity in personnel continues to be astounding, even at this level. I know many fans think there is a good quality of players, but I have seen very little evidence to bear that out, with the exception of some players who have left or who are unavailable.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Nov 2018, 09:44

The elephant in the room is, once more, being ignored.
If we don't win on Tuesday v Barwell, and the teams around us get favourable results, the relegation trap door's hinges are creaking open.
I suggest that if that happens Karen and Keith MUST take action.
My opinion, of course, but I feel sure that it is one shared by many discontented supporters.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 19 Nov 2018, 19:05

Lutters, I would suggest that even if we do get a favourable result on Tuesday, incidently yet another match that will see my absence until the management is changed, it will be merely papering over the cracks YET AGAIN, and that Karen and Keith should take immediate action anyway.