Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Nov 2018, 22:20

Yeltz64 wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 22:03
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 21:46
Yeltz win 5-3 on penalties. Get in.
Many thanks for great updates. Look forward to your Spennymoor updates 😂
No problem!

I'd like to attend the Spennymoor match, but doubt I'll make it! An 8plus hour round tip and £70plus train fare isn't too appealing! 😂😂
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ug away BSC

Post by dalevillain » 13 Nov 2018, 22:25

Fantastic result tonight from the lads - penalties are always a lottery but well done those who stepped up and converted them all.

In terms of the game, I thought it was a great spectacle - two fairly even matched teams pretty much throughout the game giving their all. It was a game of fast flowing football and end to end stuff where you couldn’t believe it was still 0-0.

In previous games I’ve seen in this competition over the years I’ve seen some right shockers and you could argue some players haven’t bothered turning up for it and just gone through the motions - tonight certainly wasn’t the case. I thought every player put a shift in, we defended as a unit superbly and special praise has to go to our new keeper Dominic Hill, I thought he was excellent.

The only criticism I would say would be I felt our substitutions hindered us where I felt we lost our way a little towards the end and maybe were a touch fortunate to hold out till penalties.

But absolutely buzzing - a great result and hope we can build on it. From a personal perspective shame I missed the penalties as had to rush to get the last train back, but a throroughly enjoyable night overall.
Last edited by dalevillain on 13 Nov 2018, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Nov 2018, 22:32

Always nice to beat the "posh" Brummy overspill. Awayday Yeltz, good updates young fella *doffs cap

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 13 Nov 2018, 22:37

So that puts us into the quarter finals alongside Hednesford the only other winners so far. Having got this far do we need to treat this competition (& therefore the next game) as a priority for our season?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Nov 2018, 22:43

drummyb wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 22:32
Always nice to beat the "posh" Brummy overspill. Awayday Yeltz, good updates young fella *doffs cap
No problem! Was tough to keep up tonight. Both teams going for the win, which created an enjoyable game. As Dale alluded to in his previous post, it's easy for players to go through the motions and play out a dour game of football that's reminiscent of an early season friendly, in these kind of cup ties.

I also agree that the subs pretty much killed off our attacking intent and flow. Hughes, Hayles-Docherty and Shamsi were excellent tonight. I could understand the Hughes sub if he was available Saturday, but he isn't. So there's no real need to rest him. We lost the point of our attacking play when he went off, unfortunately.

This side looks settled and comfortable now, hopefully we can push on. Let's hope we stabilise this current squad and stop the revolving door.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 13 Nov 2018, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Nov 2018, 22:46

Seamus wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 22:37
So that puts us into the quarter finals alongside Hednesford the only other winners so far. Having got this far do we need to treat this competition (& therefore the next game) as a priority for our season?
I would think survival in the league is the priority, given we're in the relegation fight at the moment. I do, however, agree we should try and push on to advance to the next round. It's a good opportunity to win some silverware. That's what football is about.

I think playing a mixture of first team and youth team players is the right call in this competition. If you can't integrate your youth players in the lesser cup competitions, like the Senior Cup, then when are you going to?