Needham Market Uodates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Needham Market Uodates

Post by andy » 20 Oct 2018, 17:33

drummyb wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 17:27
Fair points and Id agree overall. In comparison to last year, we'd have lost that without a doubt. We do have a better team and I fancy us for around mid-table. Thats progress from last year, but I agree, We have the players to do better.
It's just a shame that so many players always seem to be on loan though. We just won't keep a settled side. That said if they are of a better quality than we can sign then it temporarily makes us a better team. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Oct 2018, 09:18

Again I agree. Id love to know what the loan situation is with other teams in the league as we do seem to have a lot. They do bring something to the team but you then have to look to sign someone to replace them, or look to another loan for that position. It doesnt help with a settled side, but I guess if thats all thats open as an option, then its stupid not to take it.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 21 Oct 2018, 11:54

Halesowen Town 1 Needham Market 1

Halesowen had to be content with a draw after a high quality finish from Lee Hughes was cancelled out by Reece Dobson’s equally fine volley, writes David Johnson. Prior to the kick-off a one-minute silence was held in remembrance of Spencer Digby, owner of club sponsor Spencer Signs, who passed away aged 44.

Manager John Hill was left disappointed not to take all three points. “After taking a deserved lead, we had a great chance to make it 2-0 and wrap up the game. But it’s important to remember that we still remain unbeaten at home in the league.”

Halesowen were first to feature when captain Danny Bragoli’s low shot was collected by visiting goalkeeper Jake Jessup after five minutes. But the Marketmen soon settled on their first ever visit to the Grove and Gareth Heath’s low shot was saved by the legs of young home goalkeeper Cameron Gregory after Luke Ingram flicked on with a 13th minute header. Needham then planted a free header wide from the resulting corner.

New home loan signing Ravi Shamsi increasingly started to create danger late in the first half and he burst forward from midfield in the 34th minute, but his attempted chip was turned away for a corner. Two minutes later Shamsi played a great ball out to Jack Kelly, who in turn found James Roberts, only for Jessup to make a good save low down with the loose ball turned away for a corner from Hughes. Jessup then kept out Kelly’s low 20 yard drive five minutes before the interval.

Needham play-maker Heath went close with a clever back flick at the start of the second half and his long free-kick was pushed away by goalkeeper Gregory shortly afterwards.

HUGHES gave Halesowen the lead in the 58th minute with a controlled finish on the volley from substitute Tobias Hayles-Docherty’s right wing cross. The Yeltz then had several chances to secure victory with a second goal. Jessup saved with his legs from Roberts after 61 minutes and Hughes went close by heading the resulting corner just wide. The ball was then laid off by Shamsi for Roberts to lift a golden chance over the bar in the 69th minute after Callum Sturgess was dispossessed in midfield.

The Marketmen punished the Yeltz when substitute DOBSON flicked the ball up and volleyed home a superb 76th minute equaliser from 8 yards after Heath supplied the ball from the right. The visitors enjoyed the better of late play and Adam Mills fired a good chance wide in the 86th minute.

Needham manager Richard Wilkins thought his side had done well in a close encounter. “We dug deep after going a goal behind and scored a deserved equaliser. We then had the better opportunities late on and might have won it with a bit more quality. But it’s a good result with our number of injuries and the long, early journey.”

Halesowen Town: Cameron Gregory; Christos Shelis, Jack Kelly, Jack Rea, Kieran Morris, Asa Charlton, Ivor Lawton (Tobias Hayles-Docherty 46), Danny Bragoli (c), Lee Hughes (Jordan Goddard 80), James Roberts, Ravi Shamsi. Subs Not Used: Bradley Lewis, Aaron Gilpin, Sam Tonks.

Needham Market: Jake Jessup; Jake Dye, Callum Sturgess, Sam Squire, Kieran Morphew, Daniel Morphew, Jeremiah Kamanzi (Reece Dobson 70), Gareth Heath (c), Luke Ingram, Tariq Issa, Adam Mills. Subs Not Used: Conor McLaughlin, Thomas Woerndl, Nathan Munson, Finlay Shorten (GK).

Referee: Scott Chalkley Attendance: 502
Booked: D. Morphew (22), Heath (56), Hayles-Docherty (67), Mills (68)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Dan Platt: Ravi Shamsi
Non-League Paper Star Man: Gareth Heath (Needham Market)

Match Statistics:
Halesowen Town/Needham Market
Shots On: 9/5
Shots Off: 5/11
Corners: 6/4
Offside: 3/5
Fouls conceded: 8/5
Yellow Cards: 1/3
Red Cards: 0/0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Oct 2018, 15:40

The unbeaten at home stat means nothing. Points and wins mean something. What rubbish.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 21 Oct 2018, 16:05

I agree. Only 2 of the 6 league games have been wins. Would have been better of losing a couple and and winning the rest.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 21 Oct 2018, 17:10

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 15:40
The unbeaten at home stat means nothing. Points and wins mean something. What rubbish.
I appreciate having it pointed out that us fans have missed an important fact re: "our unbeaten home record!"

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Oct 2018, 17:49

lutleyyeltz wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 17:10
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 15:40
I appreciate having it pointed out that us fans have missed an important fact re: "our unbeaten home record!"
I think most fans are aware of the important issues at the club right now. And it certainly doesn't relate to petty home records that serve nothing more than offer a slight crumb of comfort in defence of a poor season thus far.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Oct 2018, 17:53

Simons wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 16:05
I agree. Only 2 of the 6 league games have been wins. Would have been better of losing a couple and and winning the rest.
Correct. Those two wins being a last min pen against 18th, a game which we could have lost easily. And 14th. It's a record not worth shouting about, and you're clutching at straws if you do so, in all honesty.