Leiston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leiston Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Oct 2018, 13:28

juanillo wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 10:32
I know that there can be swings in results at this level, but maybe my analysis of the respective teams was flawed if last night's result is anything to go by: Leiston 1 King's Lynn 5.

Perhaps Leiston aren't as good...or we are worse.
I've missed just two games this season, and I have not been impressed by one single opposition. The top two in Kettering and Stourbr*dge are very much beatable. We should be higher up the league with the talented squad we have - and most fans understand and realise this.

When the league was announced, I thought it was a poor league, in terms of standard. I still hold that belief ten games in.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Oct 2018, 17:05

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 13:28
juanillo wrote:
I know that there can be swings in results at this level, but maybe my analysis of the respective teams was flawed if last night's result is anything to go by: Leiston 1 King's Lynn 5.

I've missed just two games this season, and I have not been impressed by one single opposition. The top two in Kettering and Stourbr*dge are very much beatable. We should be higher up the league with the talented squad we have - and most fans understand and realise this.

When the league was announced, I thought it was a poor league, in terms of standard. I still hold that belief ten games in.
Sort of agree. Kettering are consistant. Redditch I thought for all their league struggles, didnt look that bad. Thus far I dont think their is one really stand out class above team from what Ive seen. I dont think its a poor league, I think its decent that teams can pinch points from others. On our day we could beat anyone. Its consistency thats the key.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Oct 2018, 18:09

drummyb wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 17:05
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 13:28
juanillo wrote:

Sort of agree. Kettering are consistant. Redditch I thought for all their league struggles, didnt look that bad. Thus far I dont think their is one really stand out class above team from what Ive seen. I dont think its a poor league, I think its decent that teams can pinch points from others. On our day we could beat anyone. Its consistency thats the key.
I meant poor as in quality. You're right anyone can beat anyone, which will make for an interesting and competitive league.

We're 5 points outside the play offs but just four away from the drop zone. We could go either way this season. My only hope is that we now select the same team more often and maintain a balanced squad. We will get absolutely no where chopping and changing the lineup and formation from week to week while there is a revolving door of playing staff.

It was encouraging to see us start the same lineup twice in two league games. Hopefully we can carry that forward and get the consistency we need. Results won't come unless that happens.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Oct 2018, 16:08

I agree, it was good to see the same line up but we still got spanked. It is a poor league and we still look poor in it.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Oct 2018, 21:44

Leiston and their manager have parted company :o

They lost 5-1 at home to King’s Lynn midweek ???