13 Oct 2018, 16:52
Ft 4-0
Another disappointing result.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leiston Updates

Post by andy » 13 Oct 2018, 17:00

I feared this league would be poorer this year, but to put in just one decent performance so far and still be tenth seems to bear this out. :-\

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Oct 2018, 17:07

andy wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 17:00
I feared this league would be poorer this year, but to put in just one decent performance so far and still be tenth seems to bear this out. :-\
Agreed. Points wise, we're just about par, I'd guess. Thanks in large to two straight wins against two very poor opponents in Bedworth and Rushall.

Peformance wise, last week the obvious exception, we're well below par and a hammering like today has been coming. Sadly.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Oct 2018, 18:42

On that showing they were good though we were very poor as well. In the second half in particular we were overrun at times and by the end it could have been 8.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Oct 2018, 20:49

I'll start banging the same old drum - this can't go on!
There is an awful complacency that seems to have descended onto The Grove.
It is time for a real hard look at what the club's aspirations are. Is it an annual survival exercise, or an aspiration to achieve something more than mediocrity?
Over to those with the power to take the real hard look and ACT!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Oct 2018, 22:23

lutleyyeltz wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 20:49
It is time for a real hard look at what the club's aspirations are. Is it an annual survival exercise, or an aspiration to achieve something more than mediocrity?
The problem is, we're not far off points wise? Are we?

I agree with your premise, by the way.

Sanmiguel
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Sanmiguel » 14 Oct 2018, 07:05

juanillo wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 15:27
John Hill not here today
Sacked or resigned?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Oct 2018, 11:25

The worst possible start being 1-0 down in 14 seconds, we were fortunate not to be two down in the first 7/8 minutes when Gregory saved well. Gregory again made a good save tipping round the post from some good play down Leiston's right. In fairness we did get a reaction after the first goal, we had good spells of possession and looked patient in trying to work openings, the big turning point really came shortly before they scored their second goal. Great play by Hayles Docherty down the right, he put a great ball in that Hughesy did well to flick through his legs, the ball looked to be heading into the corner of the goal before the keeper did really well to tip around the post from the corner. From the resulting corner the ball was cleared and as we tried to put the ball back into the area Roberts was clattered, the ref decided it wasn't a foul, they then broke quickly to make it 2-0 and game over. Had Hughesy's effort gone in, who knows? It didn't though and we didn't really do anything of note after that. We had a couple of half chances in the second half but nothing really to worry the keeper, at the other end they looked dangerous loan keeper Gregory made probably 4 or 5 really good saves after the first penalty to help keep the score down, he was arguably the pick of our players - it was a shame he gave away a penalty - but I think based on his overall performace we can excuse him that. As a positive - at least its one of the long journeys out of the way...that A14 is bloody horrible.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Oct 2018, 14:49

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:23
lutleyyeltz wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 20:49
The problem is, we're not far off points wise? Are we?

I agree with your premise, by the way.
We arent far away points wise from the bottom end either though. The two wins were invaluable. However we will inevitably lose several on the bounce again, after Needham. I fancy at least a point from that.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 17 Oct 2018, 10:32

I know that there can be swings in results at this level, but maybe my analysis of the respective teams was flawed if last night's result is anything to go by: Leiston 1 King's Lynn 5.

Perhaps Leiston aren't as good...or we are worse.