Hughes
Charlton
Lawton
Gilpin

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Wolves

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Oct 2018, 20:10

Add my name to the can't be arsed section. I probably wouldn't even have bothered if someone paid me a fiva to go!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 02 Oct 2018, 20:29

Good game so far. Our keeper looks tall! Needs time to gel

And Agbor has just scored 44th 1-0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 02 Oct 2018, 21:01

Another excellent move and Shelis scores 63rd
2-0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 02 Oct 2018, 21:15

3-0 Roberts from a great Tonks cross 77th

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 02 Oct 2018, 23:45

Birmingham Senior Cup 1st Round
Halesowen Town 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Halesowen progressed through the first stage of the Birmingham Senior Cup after a comfortable three-goal victory over the Wolves under-18s.

Roland Agbor set up Jordan Goddard to fire wide after 8 minutes and then went close himself when his shot from the corner of the penalty area landed on top of the net two minutes later. Austin Samuels stretched to put Kevin Berkoe’s 13th minute cross just over the bar in probably the best and only meaningful chance of the first period for the Wolves youngsters.

It was the pace and strength of James Roberts that caused problems for the visitors and his 14th minute shot was turned onto the bar for a corner by visiting goalkeeper Jamie Pardington. Another low shot from Roberts rebounded back off the base of the post after 36 minutes and a long shot from Danny Bragoli was turned away by Pardington after 41 minutes.

Having enjoyed the better of the first half, the Yeltz seized a 1-0 lead just before the interval when
AGBOR latched onto a pass from Roberts to convert high into the net from the left of goal after 44 minutes.

At the start of the second period, Jack Kelly turned away Berkoe’s cross for a corner whilst Roberts struck the woodwork for the third time when his fine 50th minute curling shot rebounded off Pardington’s post. Yeltz debut goalkeeper Cameron Gregory turned away a 53rd minute cross from Callum Thompson.

Halesowen doubled their lead in the 63rd minute in a move started and finished in style by defender Christos SHELIS after he burst forward and exchanged passes with Agbor before thumping past Pardington from ten yards. With the Yeltz well on top, Kelly fired over the bar at the end of a neat 67th minute move.

ROBERTS wrapped up the tie at 3-0 when he steered the ball into the bottom corner for his well deserved 77th minute goal after Sam Tonks delivered an excellent cross. Wolves almost found a consolation in the 81st minute when home defender Bradley Lewis struck his own crossbar.

Halesowen Town: Cameron Gregory; Christos Shelis, Jack Kelly, Jack Rea (Ivor Lawton 73), Kieran Morris, Bradley Lewis, Roland Agbor (Aaron Gilpin 72), Danny Bragoli (c), James Roberts, Jordan Goddard, Sam Tonks. Subs Not Used: Lee Hughes, Asa Charlton.

Wolves: Jamie Pardington; Ray O’Sullivan, Kevin Berkoe, Aaron Crabtree (c), Lewis Richards, Todd Parker, Callum Thompson (Zheung He 73), Terry Taylor (Conor Carty 61), Austin Samuels, Taylor Perry (Chem Campbell 75), Luke Cundle. Subs Not Used: Taylor Townsend, Joseph Joseph.

Referee: Matthew Wilkes Attendance: 274
Booked: None

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 02 Oct 2018, 23:48

Wolves Executive Chairman Jeff Shi was at The Grove for this evening's game.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 03 Oct 2018, 07:55

The dingles must've put out a really weak youth side?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 03 Oct 2018, 08:01

DJ wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 23:48
Wolves Executive Chairman Jeff Shi was at The Grove for this evening's game.
Maybe he's got mates in China on the lookout for an English club to invest in? ;)

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 03 Oct 2018, 12:20

Didn’t go to the game last night - credit where credit is due though for the win. I didn’t expect to see that coming as I’m sure others didn’t either.

Hopefully we can take that sort of result into the league and build on that. Whilst it may be seen as a ‘Mickey mouse cup’ and a distraction from the league I’m always of the opinion that winning breeds confidence and should be going out to win any football match no matter what the competition.

We are long overdue a cup run of any description which isn’t good enough for a club like us so would love us to be competing on as many fronts as possible.