Bedworth

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 17:43

dalevillain wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 17:41
Not a great deal to say about that apart from a very poor game between two very poor sides and I suppose you could say the slightly better one won as mentioned ‘by default’

We should have been 2 or 3 up before Platty went off injured and Hughes went in goal but we didn’t take our chances but the second half was utterly dreadful but at least Asa popped up towards the end to give us the 3 points.

It does indeed paper over the cracks, if anyone has come away today impressed by what they saw they need to go and get sectioned. Bedworth were without doubt one of the worst team I have seen play and we only just did enough to win.

I will still go as and when I can of course as I always have but carry on like this and many more will lose interest.
Bloody great.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Sep 2018, 18:49

It sums it up to me that a chap told me on the way out that not only had they not won a game all season but they lost a midweek 'freindly' to their own under 18 side! We will not play a poorer side than that and we really struggled. We may have lost Hughes as a striker but that was no excuse for the lack of chances we created. So poor were Bedworth they never troubled Hughes in goal at all. Bragoli is still a liability, after been booked he was very lucky not to pick up another by getting involved in a bust up with their players and mouthing off at all and sundry. Great captains example. :-\ Great for Asa to get the winner, how I wish we could get more like him. Unfortunately though we only seem to get an endless supply of players that make us no better. Now we have the added concern of Platt being missing. Arm in a sling does not bode well. He has been all that has kept us afloat for a couple of years now. All said and done I'm happy with 3 points but oh dear, it was woeful, it simply can't continue this way.

jhazz99
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jhazz99 » 29 Sep 2018, 18:56

We need some proper width on both flanks to at least try and stretch teams, everything is virtually over the top through the middle and lawton up top was surely clutching at straws?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Sep 2018, 18:57

One other troubling thing for me is if there is still anyone left who wants to defend our play, they will have a valid arguement. We are 13th, not bad, and we are unbeaten in five. This though is no reflection on what we have to watch week in week out. I fear change may still be a way off.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Sep 2018, 18:59

jhazz99 wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 18:56
We need some proper width on both flanks to at least try and stretch teams, everything is virtually over the top through the middle and lawton up top was surely clutching at straws?

We have at least one perfect player to offer us that. Jack Kelly. He could cause defences loads of problems but is 'wasted' at left back.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Sep 2018, 19:01

I fear somebody will see the potential in Jack and we will lose yet another quality player. For me, with Roberts, the best we have got.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 29 Sep 2018, 19:28

Well, that was dire to watch as is the norm for us Yeltz fans. Incredibly Bedworth were worse. What really irks me is that Jordan Goddard always seems to be dropped at every opportunity. What we're crying out for is creativity just behind Hughes and Roberts, someone to slide balls into their feet, I wonder who could fill that role?
Today we played what on paper is the worst team in the division and I felt our starting line up showed lack of ambition, packing the midfield with grafters and a totally ineffective winger.
Still we won so I suppose everything is A ok

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 19:31

I have been told that Banbury have put seven days notice in for James Roberts.
If he goes we are in real trouble.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 29 Sep 2018, 19:42

Funny game tbh. With Hughes in goal you’d have expected Bedworth to change their approach and put him under pressure but he didn’t make a proper save until the last minute.

Not sure I share the adulation of Kelly. He’s very hit and miss with his delivery. Gilpin had a mare of a performance. And I have no idea why Goddard gets overlooked so often- it’s a miracle he’s still with the club.

Need to face facts. We don’t have any capable wingers so need to play narrow. Should be two up top with some support behind them. I honestly think we’re 6-7 players off being truly competitive at the level.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 29 Sep 2018, 20:10

lutleyyeltz wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 19:31
I have been told that Banbury have put seven days notice in for James Roberts.
If he goes we are in real trouble.
That's him gone if true. Nearer to home. Today he gave a typical performance but often frustrated and he showed it.