Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 09:08

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 08:50
The 2 FA Cup records are:

http://www.fchd.info/HALESOWT.HTM

http://www.fchd.info/STOURBRI.HTM

No warning needed, they’re no surprise
You beat me to it!

Stourbr*dge have shown what can be achieved. We have severely underachieved in the cup.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

JayTwiggy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gainsborough

Post by JayTwiggy » 23 Sep 2018, 09:18

Abysmal. First time I’ve looked forward to the final whistle ever, that includes seeing my team losing 4-0 at Man City. Have no idea why Roberts is still here, far above our level. One of the only lads that tries to play football instead of long ball EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. The more I speak to people on the terraces the more I hear about the divide. Time for change (has been since 2016) Rarely miss a home again and I believe you should support your team through thick and thin, but if people keep turning up, when will change come?

Nothing more to say. Don’t want to waste anymore time on it.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 09:36

JayTwiggy wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 09:18
Abysmal. First time I’ve looked forward to the final whistle ever, that includes seeing my team losing 4-0 at Man City. Have no idea why Roberts is still here, far above our level. One of the only lads that tries to play football instead of long ball EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. The more I speak to people on the terraces the more I hear about the divide. Time for change (has been since 2016) Rarely miss a home again and I believe you should support your team through thick and thin, but if people keep turning up, when will change come?

Nothing more to say. Don’t want to waste anymore time on it.
I can't see Roberts staying on much longer, especially if he continues to be wasted on the left instead of partnering Hughes up front. Roberts is definitely capable of playing a level or two higher.

I can never understand the logic of playing players out of position. Play your best players in their best position!

Sanmiguel
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Sanmiguel » 23 Sep 2018, 10:11

lutleyyeltz wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 20:53
It is plain to see that there is a consensus of opinion amongst the longest serving and knowledgeable contributors to this forum ( I do not include myself ) that there is a desperate need for change at a team management level.
The point will be reached when it will be too late and, whatever wonders have been achieved behind the scenes, it will all be nullified by the club's demise into a lower league.
Loyalty is to be applauded but indecision cannot be excused.
The time is now!
Good post John.
I am quickly losing respect for Colin and Karen for failing to act. Why are they not listening?
I just do not get it

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 23 Sep 2018, 12:57

Halesowen Town 0 Gainsborough Trinity 3

Halesowen limped out of the FA Cup in a dismally disappointing display as Northern Premier Gainsborough handed out a harsh footballing lesson to collect the £9,000 prize money.

Trinity controlled the cup-tie and were first to feature when Alex Byrne curled wide after 3 minutes before Asa Charlton produced a fine sliding tackle to clear from Damian Reeves. Alex Simmons caused particular danger all afternoon and he was blocked in the 14th minute after his captain Liam King worked free to fire across goal.

As the Yeltz eventually, but tentatively, ventured forward, a cross from debut defender Christos Shelis was cut out by Joe Maguire – brother of England’s Harry Maguire - at the end of a 20th minute run. Two minutes later Jack Kelly’s 25 yard free-kick was blocked and the loose ball allowed Babucar Sauane to cross for Lee Hughes to sky the ball high over the bar under challenge.

Ever-threatening Simmons was blocked again by a packed home defence but Trinity made their dominance pay to take the lead in simple fashion when Shane CLARKE raced into the six-yard box to power a downward header home from Simmons’ resulting corner after 24 minutes. Simmons then had two bites of the cherry in the 33rd minute but his final effort fell just wide.

James Roberts threatened with a blocked shot from the left in the 37th minute and just before the interval Ahmed Ali’s shot was turned away for a corner.

However, there was no sign of improvement from the Yeltz after the interval as the visitors added two further goals to coast to victory with some comfort in a one-sided second period.

Jordan Goddard fired a long free-kick straight at goalkeeper Jon Stewart in the Gainsborough goal after 48 minutes in a game where the Yeltz struggled to produce a proper shot on target all afternoon. By contrast, Trinity continued to create chances with Dan Platt pushing away a 53rd minute header from Reeves and the home defence clearing Nathan Stainfield’s header off the line from the resulting corner.

But The Holy Blues soon doubled their lead when Simmons was allowed to deliver a lovely cross from the right for Ashley WORSFOLD to place his 54th minute header into the top corner. Platt then kept out further efforts from Reeves and Byrne. With home heads visibly dropping, King was left in acres of space on the edge of the area to shoot after 71 minutes and Clarke skipped through the home defence forcing Platt into a 73rd minute fingertip save.

Inevitably, Gainsborough made it a well deserved 3-0 in the 74th minute with an individual, but far too easy goal from man-of-the-match SIMMONS, who twisted and turned the home defence before unleashing a fierce shot from the edge of the area to beat Platt.

With the contest over, visiting goalkeeper Jon Stewart created his own trouble by losing the ball but redeemed himself to save from Hughes after 77 minutes and an 87th minute Hughes shot was blocked by Stainfield after neat interplay between Roberts and substitute Sam Tonks.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Christohs Shelis, Jack Kelly (Sam Tonks 74), Jack Rea, Kieron Morris, Asa Charlton, Babucar Sauane (Aaron Gilpin 68), Jordan Goddard (Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 56), Lee Hughes, James Roberts, Ahmed Ali (c). Subs Not Used: Danny Bragoli, Ivor Lawton, Louis Ezewele.

Gainsborough Trinity: Jon Stewart; Neil Austin, Ben Gordon, Shane Clarke, Joe Maguire, Nathan Stainfield, Alex Byrne, Liam King (c), Ashley Worsfold, Damian Reeves, Alex Simmons (Simon Russell 78). Subs Not Used: Camaron Hough, Ioan Evans, Ross Hannah, Elliot Wilson, Jamie Ture.

Referee: Ollie Williams Attendance: 338
Booked: King (22), Sauane (45)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Steve Wood: Jack Rea
Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Alex Simmons (Gainsborough)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Sep 2018, 17:33

andy wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 18:08
Something that should worry the owners is that the initial euphoria surrounding their takeover has completely disappeared now. It SHOULD have lasted a long, long time. Ultimately most people will only be bothered by what they see served up ON the pitch and have already forgotten the takeover joy. The attendance was way down today for what should have been our biggest match so far. I'm not even going to bother going into the failings on the pitch anymore as everyone can see them and know them. But money talks, and today we've lost a shed load. That just may start to sway Karen, Keith et al.
Possibly the weather could have affected attendance. However, Im afraid my enjoyment of watching is being drained. I can only commit to a few games because of work. After yesterday, and the offerings so far, I can honestly say, Im getting sick and tired of throwing my money at something with the same end result. We have the potential to be better than we are, but I cant see anything but stormclouds on the horizon. By now we should have started to find a rhythm. Players played out of position, baffling signings and subs and an inevitable draw a couple, lose lots, win occasionally is following on from last years debacle. Their is no spark. Twice yesterday I saw Roberts back near the left back position. A bloke who can offer so much up top played on the left..Ebanks Blake. Well, if thats our hope from the bench, then all hope is lost. Still fuming.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 17:55

drummyb wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 17:33
andy wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 18:08
Something that should worry the owners is that the initial euphoria surrounding their takeover has completely disappeared now. It SHOULD have lasted a long, long time. Ultimately most people will only be bothered by what they see served up ON the pitch and have already forgotten the takeover joy. The attendance was way down today for what should have been our biggest match so far. I'm not even going to bother going into the failings on the pitch anymore as everyone can see them and know them. But money talks, and today we've lost a shed load. That just may start to sway Karen, Keith et al.
Possibly the weather could have affected attendance. However, Im afraid my enjoyment of watching is being drained. I can only commit to a few games because of work. After yesterday, and the offerings so far, I can honestly say, Im getting sick and tired of throwing my money at something with the same end result. We have the potential to be better than we are, but I cant see anything but stormclouds on the horizon. By now we should have started to find a rhythm. Players played out of position, baffling signings and subs and an inevitable draw a couple, lose lots, win occasionally is following on from last years debacle. Their is no spark. Twice yesterday I saw Roberts back near the left back position. A bloke who can offer so much up top played on the left..Ebanks Blake. Well, if thats our hope from the bench, then all hope is lost. Still fuming.
Good post. I don't think you're the only fan whose support is wavering. People just aren't going to pay money for the performances we're witnessing under the current management. Attendances will dwindle until change is made. But the fans we're losing now, of which there are plenty, won't be easily tempted back, even after change is made. Whenever that is. The damage being done now, and let's not kid ourselves, the current situation is very damaging, may well be irreparable.

I can't believe how quickly hope has faded and now we're left with dispair. The frustrating thing for me is, that this could have all been avoided with a clean break when the takeover was completed. Loyalty is a fantastic trait to posses, it really is, but in this instance it is costing us. The longer this goes on for, the more and more damaging it becomes. And dare I ask, will fans start resenting good honest people because of the lack of action? I really hope it doesn't come to that.

venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by venki » 23 Sep 2018, 19:07

I can't see me attending very often until we get a new manager. It's too depressing. As everyone has said, we've got good players, imagine what they could do under a more tactically astute manager.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 19:23

I disagree - to be MORE tactically astute you have to be tactically astute in the first place!
Ultimate pedantry, I know, but it's true.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 21:09

I didn't think there was much in it until they scored, it was a really poor goal to concede from a corner. As soon as they scored it was game over, they controlled the game from there on in, wasted time, exaggerated injuries and managed the game effectively whilst we huffed and puffed and created little never really looking like we were getting back into the game. Roberts was outstanding away at a poor Matlock a few weeks ago cutting in from the wide left position, but since then against better sides he's not had the same impact - despite his undoubted quality and work rate. In my humble he really needs to be playing up with Hughes where he can get on the end of things in the last third.
Bedworth next week, not yet won a game - it needs to be a win.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ