Gainsborough

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gainsborough

Post by andy » 22 Sep 2018, 18:08

Something that should worry the owners is that the initial euphoria surrounding their takeover has completely disappeared now. It SHOULD have lasted a long, long time. Ultimately most people will only be bothered by what they see served up ON the pitch and have already forgotten the takeover joy. The attendance was way down today for what should have been our biggest match so far. I'm not even going to bother going into the failings on the pitch anymore as everyone can see them and know them. But money talks, and today we've lost a shed load. That just may start to sway Karen, Keith et al.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 22 Sep 2018, 18:12

who is this Al, andy ? Haven't come across him before.Oh is he another of hill@ numerous signings ?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 22 Sep 2018, 20:23

AwayDayYeltz wrote: We're currently two points outside the relegation zone. Winless in six league games. We're out the cup early, after a very winnable tie. There's a constant turn around in playing staff. And the football isn't great.

The next two games are against fellow strugglers. If there is not a positive return, we will in for another long season of worry and concern.
How bad does it have to get for change to be made? Genuine question? What's the breaking point going to be? I fear it has to get much worse, unfortunately.
Before the season several people were worried that the quality of the league would be diluted by the reorganisation. My fear was that there would not be 3 worse teams. The trouble for us is it is not the team, it’s the leadership.
If action is not taken soon, I fear we will reach the point of no return.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Sep 2018, 20:53

It is plain to see that there is a consensus of opinion amongst the longest serving and knowledgeable contributors to this forum ( I do not include myself ) that there is a desperate need for change at a team management level.
The point will be reached when it will be too late and, whatever wonders have been achieved behind the scenes, it will all be nullified by the club's demise into a lower league.
Loyalty is to be applauded but indecision cannot be excused.
The time is now!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Sep 2018, 21:21

lutleyyeltz wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 20:53
It is plain to see that there is a consensus of opinion amongst the longest serving and knowledgeable contributors to this forum ( I do not include myself ) that there is a desperate need for change at a team management level.
The point will be reached when it will be too late and, whatever wonders have been achieved behind the scenes, it will all be nullified by the club's demise into a lower league.
Loyalty is to be applauded but indecision cannot be excused.
The time is now!
I'm of the belief John Hill is unsackable. If so, then fans deserve to know why.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Sep 2018, 21:32

I agree. The time has come for the reasons why John Hill is fireproof to be made clear.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 23 Sep 2018, 01:19

So yet another year without a cup run and a loss of valuable funds. Gainsboro were better than us but by no means brilliant and playing at the same level as us, I expected much more from us , but should have known better. LLL how many FA Cup matches have we won during Hills tenure and to put it into prospective how many has Gary Hackett, at Stourbr*dge, won during the same period , not to mention the monies accrued ?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 08:16

When LLL publishes the relevant stats I would ask that they be accompanied by a warning such as: "what you are about to read may be upsetting to many"! 😯

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 23 Sep 2018, 08:50

The 2 FA Cup records are:

http://www.fchd.info/HALESOWT.HTM

http://www.fchd.info/STOURBRI.HTM

No warning needed, they’re no surprise

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Sep 2018, 09:06

2013 - Lost away 3-2, to Marske in the third qualifying round, lower league opponents. I think two leagues lower?
2014 - Lost away, 3-0, to Guiseley in the third qualifying round, one league above.
2015 - Lost at home, 2-0, to Nuneaton in the second qualifying round, one league above.
2016 - Lost away, 2-1, to Nantwich in the second qualifying round, same level.
2017 - Lost at home, 3-0, to Basford in the first qualifying round, lower league. One level lower?
2018 - Lost at home, 3-0, to Gainsborough in the second qualifying round, same level.

Played 16, won 9, drew 1, lost 6.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz