Gainsborough

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gainsborough

Post by Frodo » 22 Sep 2018, 16:54

Uninspiring and did not look threatening.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Sep 2018, 16:59

The most inept performance Ive watched from any team in a long time. Looked like theyd never played together. Gainsborough are organised and disciplined. I can accept being beaten by a better team. I cant accept 90 minutes of dross, and at no point thinking, we played some good stuff there. We have some decent players but something needs to change. Bloody fuming :-X

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Sep 2018, 17:05

drummyb wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 16:59
The most inept performance Ive watched from any team in a long time. Looked like theyd never played together. Gainsborough are organised and disciplined. I can accept being beaten by a better team. I cant accept 90 minutes of dross, and at no point thinking, we played some good stuff there. We have some decent players but something needs to change. Bloody fuming :-X
It's no different to the 7 other games I've seen this season.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 22 Sep 2018, 17:14

Right. Time for change.

That was just stinking today. Dropping out the cup is bad enough but the performance was woeful.

Worse still, the terraces are flat and the support for the team is fading. The buoyancy from the change of ownership has gone now. The attendance was 335 today and that will only go in one direction following today.

So, it’s really for the club’s future and to get us on a positive track again that we need to change the manager. Thanks for everything, John, but time is up.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Sep 2018, 17:17

Ive seen five. Stourbr*dge was in part as bad, the others we've had some decent spells. But ultimately its results driven, and we're shaping up for a rerun of last year. I accepted last year due to the financial situation. Given the investment people have put into the club, I cant see how it can be allowed to carry on again. We have so much potential as a club, its embarrassing to see a pub league performance.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Sep 2018, 17:19

I'll let other people describe the peformance today. Apparently it's just me that criticises the team...

I'd be interested to know what the final straw would be in terms of sacking the management. Colin, Karen and Keith are watching the exact same match as we all are.

We're currently two points outside the relegation zone. Winless in six league games. We're out the cup early, after a very winnable tie. There's a constant turn around in playing staff. And the football isn't great.

How bad does it have to get for change to be made? Genuine question? What's the breaking point going to be? I fear it has to get much worse, unfortunately.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 22 Sep 2018, 17:31

Joss, i really don't think you can get much worse than the unimaginitive, uninspiring boring, lack of leadership dross that is being served up under hill and clarke.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Sep 2018, 17:35

My ditty didn't help at all
We are still crap. Fact
Before we next kick a ball
Karen has to act.

Unlikely though :-\

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Sep 2018, 17:41

Well reading the other thread earlier, it appears John Hill is more entrenched than ever at Halesowen. Far from change being more likely, it appears it is further away than ever. I have no faith whatsoever that anything will change for a long, long time

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Sep 2018, 17:48

"The Sun" did a centre spread on Colin Brooks, today. In it Colin said that he was "an idiot to turn down Matt Busby and Bill Shankly."
He'll look even more foolish if he continues with this management duo. For pity's sake do something NOW!
The performances are awful to watch and any credibility that Hill and Clarke had has long since gone.
Faithful fans are losing faith - and hope!