Gainsborough

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gainsborough

Post by andy » 23 Sep 2018, 22:27

RobYeltz wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 21:09
I didn't think there was much in it until they scored, it was a really poor goal to concede from a corner. As soon as they scored it was game over, they controlled the game from there on in, wasted time, exaggerated injuries and managed the game effectively whilst we huffed and puffed and created little never really looking like we were getting back into the game. Roberts was outstanding away at a poor Matlock a few weeks ago cutting in from the wide left position, but since then against better sides he's not had the same impact - despite his undoubted quality and work rate. In my humble he really needs to be playing up with Hughes where he can get on the end of things in the last third.
Bedworth next week, not yet won a game - it needs to be a win.
Absolutely bang on regarding Roberts. We are wasting a talent there.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Sep 2018, 08:57

Absolutely bang on regarding Roberts. We are wasting a talent there.
Recurring theme over the last 3 or so years.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 24 Sep 2018, 13:46

RobYeltz wrote:

Virtually every week for 3 years or so you’ve been saying, we need an improvement next week etc. But you have never once called for a change. Why is that?

Steve Lynch is no longer here for people to hide behind. For this club to truly move on from the past five years it needs a new manager, and a new committee where all viewpoints are taken onboard. Karen Brookes hinted at this at one of the fans forums but it hasn’t happened, and there is no sign of it happening. The process of appointing a committee should be an open one where anybody interested is interviewed, not as it is at the moment. Steve Lynch was only part of the problem

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 24 Sep 2018, 14:42

Having an issue with the management is one thing but having an issue with the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes is out of order, I’ve lost count of the number of times I have seen people sorting stuff out from 8am then staying long after the game to carry on. The work doesn’t just happen between 2:55 and 4:45.

People get assigned roles at the club based on what they can do and the work they put in; in a perfect world you would have 20 people who want to do each role but this doesn’t happen.

Sly digs at the people who have kept the club running over the last 18 months isn’t going to improve or change anything.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 24 Sep 2018, 15:06

Yeltz27 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 13:46
Steve Lynch is no longer here for people to hide behind. For this club to truly move on from the past five years it needs a new manager, and a new committee where all viewpoints are taken onboard. Karen Brookes hinted at this at one of the fans forums but it hasn’t happened, and there is no sign of it happening. The process of appointing a committee should be an open one where anybody interested is interviewed, not as it is at the moment. Steve Lynch was only part of the problem
I agree with Craig. Don't start having a crack at the club's volunteers. The Grove's in a better condition than I can ever remember. The advertising boards are filling up. There's also been a great deal more work to build on the community elements. So not only are your comments unhelpful but they're unjustified as well.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 24 Sep 2018, 16:23

The present set of volunteers who form the committee seem to be a target for ill- informed criticism.
They were not selected by the previous owner to do his bidding. What they managed to do whilst he was in control of the club was done DESPITE his presence!
Totally unjustified insinuations against those who only have the club at heart. If anyone has evidence that this is not so then be brave enough to produce it face to face with one, or ALL, of them.
They give freely of their time and effort and that is the thanks that they get!
I'm bloody annoyed at this constant carping at people who do not deserve it.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 24 Sep 2018, 17:11

[/quote]

Virtually every week for 3 years or so you’ve been saying, we need an improvement next week etc. But you have never once called for a change. Why is that?

[/quote]

Quite disappointed again to see an attack on here both to myself and my fellow committee members, all I will say if anyone is happy to crawl away from their keyboard and speak to me my mobile number is 07887972755. As many of you already know I am more than happy to have a frank, open and honest discussion with anyone. Thank you.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 24 Sep 2018, 17:24

I’ve been saying it for years, it’s easy to sit back and pick flies.
Although I am currently not involved, at some point in the future if I have the time I would certainly jump at the chance to get involved again.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Sep 2018, 17:31

RobYeltz wrote:
I don't think it matters if we lose. I just have a horrible (probably unjustified) feeling we could lose ten straight and be bottom of the league and we wouldn't see a change in management. That's the impression I'm getting.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 24 Sep 2018, 17:34

Yeltz27 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 13:46
RobYeltz wrote:

Come and speak to me at any game, I'll tell you my thoughts, I don't need to make them public where words can be twisted.

As for the the committee, I'm not on the committee, but do the best I can for the club with the time constraints I have available to me. If you, or anyone for that matter feels they can do better or can give more time and expertise I'll stand happily aside. I'll happily spend more time with my family and not have the Mrs nag at me for "going down there again", I'll happily use my annual leave to do stuff at home instead of help with the upkeep of the stadium during my holidays, I'll happily stop trying to find friends or people to do stuff at the ground so that it doesn't cost the club money. I'll happily rock up at 2:55pm and go home at 5pm. I do what I do as I feel I'm contributing and doing my bit for a club I love. I don't do it for the recognition, I don't do it for praise, I do it as I'm doing my bit, like many have before me. There are others involved in the club who do considerably more than me, perhaps one day they'd like to actually spend 90 minutes watching their team, but they don't, because they're ensuring the club functions, under Lynch it was a case of making sure it even existed and you had a team to even turn up and whinge about.
You'll no doubt argue we've put ourselves there to be shot at, and yes we have - but if you never comment on the many, many excellent things the club does often by the people who give their time so freely. I'll see you under the tv tower next home game.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ