Kings Lynn Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kings Lynn Updates

Post by juanillo » 15 Sep 2018, 18:04

Agree with the previous posts and overall, a draw was fair.

Played reasonably well, especially after the early setback...until the substitutions.

Lost our way once Hughes and Goddard went off and then the best player Roberts was subbed ensuring we had no outlet up front. After they equalised there was only one team that was likely to score and it wasn't us.

Counted 40 KL fans behind the goal second half and another 15 or so in the seats so maybe about 65-70 with others dotted about.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Sep 2018, 18:10

I just cannot see how he played at such a high level. Even an overweight ex pro who hadn't played for 10 years would still be able to trap a ball, find a pass, hold off a defender and just generally have the knowhow to influence a game and bring his team mates into it. If you were to tell me Blake had NEVER played the game before I would believe you.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Sep 2018, 18:12

......and we take off a bloke TEN years older than him who's still bouncing round like a spring lamb!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 18:13

juanillo wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:04
Agree with the previous posts and overall, a draw was fair.

Played reasonably well, especially after the early setback...until the substitutions.

Lost our way once Hughes and Goddard went off and then the best player Roberts was subbed ensuring we had no outlet up front. After they equalised there was only one team that was likely to score and it wasn't us.

Counted 40 KL fans behind the goal second half and another 15 or so in the seats so maybe about 65-70 with others dotted about.
I've seen us numerous times this season finish the game on the back foot, where the opposition could and should have scored a winner or equaliser.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 18:15

andy wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:12
......and we take off a bloke TEN years older than him who's still bouncing round like a spring lamb!
Hughes has been fantastic for us. Everything an ex pro should be at this level.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Sep 2018, 18:17

They indeed had three good chances in injury time alone. We were never going to create anything as both Hughes and Roberts had been substituted. We seem to make substitutions just for the sake of it. :-\

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Sep 2018, 18:21

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:15
andy wrote:
Basically he has taken it seriously. I feel some ex pros expect an easy ride at this level and they don't have to put the work in but Hughes has been a credit to himself in my opinion. People may not like him for his past but nobody could ever dispute his passion for the game and the effort he puts into it. As I say, a credit.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 18:35

andy wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:21
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:15
andy wrote:
Basically he has taken it seriously. I feel some ex pros expect an easy ride at this level and they don't have to put the work in but Hughes has been a credit to himself in my opinion. People may not like him for his past but nobody could ever dispute his passion for the game and the effort he puts into it. As I say, a credit.
Totally agree.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 15 Sep 2018, 21:54

Not too much to add to here today as most people have said similar things.

After a poor start we improved and equalised and looked pretty decent for the majority of the game and looked relatively comfortable being 2-1 up until about 20 minutes to go.

So you would think swapping a seasoned pro in Lee Hughes who has worked tirelessly for 70 odd minutes, worked the channels, won a penalty and scored and wound up the opposition could be replaced easily with Sylvan Ebanks-Blake who has had a similar career albeit 10 years younger?!

Well you couldn’t be further from the truth. He was dreadful. I’d struggled to think of a player who has performed so badly in a game as long as I’ve watched Halesowen. For an ex-professional player, he was embarrassing. He could barely run, hold the ball up or make any meaningful contribution to the game.

After that, inevitably they equalised and could have won it in the end. Disappointing really, and questions have to be asked of the poor substitutions that happened. To me, there’s no tactical planning in anything, a manager who is desperate and despite a decent attendance today - a positive crowd towards the team and a club, but not really of the manager.

Direct quote from a mate of mine who attended today regarding John Hill:

He has no idea he’s useless, only cares about the food after the game and signing as many players as possible.

Can’t really disagree there....

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 15 Sep 2018, 21:59

Paul Harding anybody?