Re: St Neots Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Sep 2018, 17:34

Frodo wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:31
andy wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 16:53
And cracks papered over again.
Put into perspective:
- 5 games without a win (JH has done 7 before on 3 occasions)
- 6 points and 5 goals from 6 games.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/hale ... ague-table

As the league table shows, there are many teams worse off than us and it is 'early days'. However, now the football club of Halesowen is back in safe hands, it's time we look forward, Atleast to better football with the better players we have attracted.

I don't think even an FA Cup exit on Saturday will remove JH's chance, and its probably going to take alot more dismal football and crap results to force a change. As has been quite evident from the past few seasons: we will never win anything under John Hill.
Is John Hill ubsackable? This a question that I feel should be answered.

If he is, then paying fans deserve to know.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 01 Sep 2018, 17:43

First live game for a while and can only reiterate what the regulars are saying. Very limited tactics still of too many hopeful long balls.

To try and take some positives, Asa played great as usual and took his goal very well, and I thought Gilpin looked really good when he came on.

Massive game in the FA Cup next week, and we’ll need to play a lot better to get something out of it

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Sep 2018, 17:44

St Neots fans were even mocking us because they couldn't believe there was a side worse than themselves.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Sep 2018, 17:45

andy wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:44
St Neots fans were even mocking us because they couldn't believe there was a side worse than themselves.
The players aren't as bad as performances are suggesting. That is the frustration of it all.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 01 Sep 2018, 17:47

if that's acceptable for an excuse for football, well I say no more,
Nearly 50 years old Halesowen through and through lace my boots up

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Sep 2018, 17:57

Poll wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:43

Massive game in the FA Cup next week, and we’ll need to play a lot better to get something out of it
On the subject of next week's FA Cup tie I now have really mixed feelings. Desperately want a cup run, it's been too long. Yet, should we lose, with the prize money at stake, it may be the final straw for the owners regarding the management team. I don't think anymore there will ever be a turning point in the way we play but it may take the losing of £6k prize money (and the possibility of more from later rounds) to convince Karen that enough is enough.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 01 Sep 2018, 18:08

andy wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:57
Poll wrote:

On the subject of next week's FA Cup tie I now have really mixed feelings. Desperately want a cup run, it's been too long. Yet, should we lose, with the prize money at stake, it may be the final straw for the owners regarding the management team. I don't think anymore there will ever be a turning point in the way we play but it may take the losing of £6k prize money (and the possibility of more from later rounds) to convince Karen that enough is enough.
We’ve not had a cup run in any of the seasons John Hill has been here, and the evidence suggests that we won’t this season either. Replace him and Matt Clarke now and there is a possibility we might win next week, but if he is still here next Saturday it’s very likely that the outcome will be the same as previous seasons. They should have been gone a long, long time ago.

The new owners are wasting what should be a great opportunity by keeping John Hill. He was a massive part of the previous failed regime and it is baffling why the new owners would want to keep him on. The optimism of the summer will be lost if something isn’t done soon

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 01 Sep 2018, 18:12

andy wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:57
Poll wrote:

I'd like to be optimistic, first by wanting a cup run, but also that he would be sacked if we lost. I feel a win would push back our chances of a change considerably. But if we lost, I still think he would still have some of his chance left. I hope I'm proven wrong, and he will not be endured much longer.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Sep 2018, 18:15

Yeltz27 wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 18:08

The new owners are wasting what should be a great opportunity by keeping John Hill. He was a massive part of the previous failed regime and it is baffling why the new owners would want to keep him on. The optimism of the summer will be lost if something isn’t done soon
Its showing loyalty and giving people a chance, but that time is up now. Despite bringing in some decent players the overall performance is the same. Karen has watched a lot of football at a lot of levels and knows her stuff. Patience can only be tested for so long.

changesnightclub
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by changesnightclub » 01 Sep 2018, 18:35

Terrible things need changing get rid of him