Biggleswade

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Biggleswade

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Aug 2018, 17:11

One thing is certain - if we keep playing aimless and negative tactics, the good players we currently have, will not stay for long. Some players are already visably frustrated.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 25 Aug 2018, 17:35

Frustrated . Defence has no leader, midfield don't know whether to support forwards or protect defence and forwards look isolated. Also no communication on the field. Good players still need leadership on and off the pitch.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 25 Aug 2018, 18:07

Overheard at half time - Enock injured hence not in team.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 25 Aug 2018, 18:25

I was told completely different in regards to Enock. I was told he wasn’t required today.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Aug 2018, 18:51

THEYELTZBUG wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 18:25
I was told completely different in regards to Enock. I was told he wasn’t required today.
That line wouldn't surprise me. He dares to go past the the half way line.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Aug 2018, 19:03

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 18:51
THEYELTZBUG wrote:
On that subject, Jack Kelly looks our most dangerous player. If he had licence to bomb down the wing and put balls in the danger area all game surely we have the forwards to finish them off. Roberts today was very good but he has to make most of his own chances, Hughes will score loads with the right service, not sure what service Ebanks-Blake would need though on performances so far. A bus service to get him into the box possibly.....

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Aug 2018, 19:58

andy wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 19:03
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 18:51
THEYELTZBUG wrote:
On that subject, Jack Kelly looks our most dangerous player. If he had licence to bomb down the wing and put balls in the danger area all game surely we have the forwards to finish them off. Roberts today was very good but he has to make most of his own chances, Hughes will score loads with the right service, not sure what service Ebanks-Blake would need though on performances so far. A bus service to get him into the box possibly.....
Everything we did good today came through Kelly.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Aug 2018, 21:59

A tough game that ended in a draw with both teams probably having a case for having the chances to claim 3 pts. Roberts had a great long range effort superbly saved and his sliding volley at full stretch from another superb Kelly cross meant we had enough chances to win the game but when you consider they hit the post and had probably the miss of the season they could stake a claim for winning also, I guess that a draw was probably a fair result.

Whilst it's naturally disapointing to have only 4 pts from 4 games after the euphoria of the takeover the performances are improving slightly, it's also fair to consider that if you look at the league table (albeit early in the season) of the four teams we've played so far - two of them are in the top two.

My biggest disapointment so far is our 'goals scored' column, with 2 of our 3 goals scored coming from the spot I'm hopefully we can improve on the with the quality of forwards we have, I don't recall us creating a single chance for Ebanks-Blake so far who despite his age and lack of fitness I'm sure could put the ball away given a chance. I don't think we're far away we could do with a morale boosting local derby win to help.

So onto Tuesday - perhaps we'll click then in our cup final...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 26 Aug 2018, 12:06

Halesowen Town 1 Biggleswade Town 1

Halesowen had to be content with a point after Ahmed Ali’s first-half goal was pegged back by unbeaten Biggleswade in a tight game.

In early exchanges, Josh Urquhart’s 7th minute cross was sliced away for a corner by home captain Danny Bragoli and Asa Charlton headed at Waders’ goalkeeper Sam Donkin from Jack Kelly’s long 13th minute free-kick. Biggleswade’s man-of-the-match Matt Ball fired a loose ball over the bar from the edge of the area after 24 minutes and at other end Sylvan Ebanks-Blake headed at Donkin from Kelly’s deep cross.

Tireless James Roberts worked himself clear through the centre of the visiting defence after 26 minutes to present a clear-cut chance of opening the scoring, but he dragged his low shot inches wide.

Halesowen then took a narrow 1-0 advantage in the 37th minute when Roberts’ close-range shot from a right-wing throw-in was blocked and ALI turned home the rebound with the help of a deflection. Towards the interval Dan Platt saved Ball’s low shot as the Yeltz kept out Biggleswade with a packed defence.

Into the second half, Ball’s 48th minute free-kick caused an element of surprise but was punched clear by Platt and Jonny McNamara forced two corners when his couple of shots from the right were blocked by the home defence after 52 and 56 minutes.

As Halesowen sat deeper, the Waders found a 66th minute equaliser after Ball exploited space down the left and crossed for McNamara to be blocked in front of goal, but Peter CLARK was on hand to slam the rebound into the roof of the net. A header from Soloman Nwabukei was cleared off the line by Bragolit from Ball’s 72nd minute corner and Roberts hit just over the bar from Kelly’s cross on a quick 81st minute Halesowen break as both sides sought a decisive goal.

Donkin pulled off the best stop of the game with a flying 85th minute save to keep out a superb goal-bound 25-yard shot from Roberts but Biggleswade almost snatched a 90th minute winner when Brett Donnelly struck the post and Clark put the rebound wide.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; James Hurst, Jack Kelly, Germaine Agustien (Jordan Goddard 75), Danny Bragoli (c), Asa Charlton (Aaron Gilpin 63), Matthew Baker, Ivor Lawton, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Lee Hughes 70), James Roberts, Ahmed Ali. Subs Not Used: Jack Rea, Sam Tonks.

Biggleswade Town: Sam Donkin; Josh Urquhart, Lucas Perry, Kieron Forbes, Curtis Ujah (Jack Bradshaw 31), David Longe-King, Jonny McNamara (Robbie Buchanan 81), Soloman Nwabukei, Brett Donnelly, Matthew Ball, Peter Clark. Subs Not Used: Pierre Joseph-Dubois, Luca Allinson, George Devine.

Referee: Ryan Haynes Attendance: 463
Booked: Longe-King (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Graham Walls: James Roberts

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 26 Aug 2018, 20:08

On the league website there is an interview with the Biggleswade manager. They seem to have had a few players missing with injury, but he says it is the best they have played so far.