Biggleswade

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Biggleswade

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Aug 2018, 20:35

Simons wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 20:08
On the league website there is an interview with the Biggleswade manager. They seem to have had a few players missing with injury, but he says it is the best they have played so far.
Really? I weren't too impressed with them and they were more than beatable.

Ditto Kettering the previous week. I don't buy the top two line, it's far too early to take note of the league table. The fact of the matter is, we are ourselves a good side, in the sense we've got a good squad of players, and we could have won both matches had we been more positive, organised and applied the correct tactics.

We've had a poor start to the season, there is no dressing that up. Let's stop making excuses.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

JayTwiggy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Biggleswade

Post by JayTwiggy » 26 Aug 2018, 20:43

I think we looked like a completely different team when the 3 subs came on. Personally I’d be starting them all. I think SEB looks miles off the pace at the moment, don’t know if it’s fitness or if the injuries have taken there toll on him but he looks a shadow of his former self. But of a sloppy goal to concede and how they didn’t nick it at the end I don’t know, fair result all things considered.

One thing I’ve harped on about every time I post is the long ball tactic and it drives me mad. We don’t have the height in our team to play like that and also it’s Sunday league tactics. We look decent when we knock it about.

Looks like we have the makings of a really good squad here but tactics just don’t do it for me.

Highlight of the game was Karen in what must’ve been 5’ heels nutmegging an unsuspecting little lad on the terraces.