Stourbr*dge away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge away

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Aug 2018, 23:12

THEYELTZBUG wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 23:01
A good point. But don’t want to be negative that was one of the poorest performances I have seen in a long time. Stourbr*dge I can’t imagine being anywhere near it come to the end of the season. A serious lack of quality at the moment. For me it’s litterally a kick up the pitch and run after it at the moment and hope for the best. First time I can actually say I wish I would of stayed at home in a no9 Derby.
Let's be honest, tonight's peformance was no different than the previous four games. Poor. Boring and negative. Absolutely no tactics whatsoever.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Aug 2018, 23:13

dalevillain wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 22:55
Possibly the poorest Number 9 Derby I have seen in all the years following the Yeltz. There was a lack of quality on the pitch from both sides and there wasn’t the same atmosphere as there has been in other years - but at least there was no trouble this time around.

Think we edged it slightly first half in terms of having the better chances but Stour were the better side the second half. To be honest once they scored I thought that was the end and couldn’t see us scoring. But fair play to James Roberts - thought he was our best player tonight and deserved his goal. From then on though we rode our luck and they probably should have nicked it in the end.

Will take a point at the end of the day though but disappointed in the performance really. Need a massive improvement.
Roberts is class. Too good for us, and I'd be surprised if he sticks around, while we're playing like we have been. We need to improve, quickly.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Aug 2018, 23:18

Dale’s comments spot on as usual

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 28 Aug 2018, 23:36

piearce9 wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 23:18
Dale’s comments spot on as usual
Thanks chap! :)

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 29 Aug 2018, 08:01

I’ve come to the conclusion Brags is selected in defence time after time, simply because he can kick the ball the furthest.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 29 Aug 2018, 09:48

crezza94 wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 08:01
I’ve come to the conclusion Brags is selected in defence time after time, simply because he can kick the ball the furthest.
That’s not true. It’s because he can HEAD the ball the furthest.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 29 Aug 2018, 09:55

piearce9 wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 09:48
crezza94 wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 08:01
That’s not true. It’s because he can HEAD the ball the furthest.
The only times last night the ball was played on the floor for 80 minutes was when it was played around the back into Brags to aimlessly punt the ball up field. The only real time that was needed was on the hour mark where he virtually tapped a hopeless ball out wide. Different team + same tactics = same results.

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 29 Aug 2018, 10:19

Early days I know, and negativity aside, but 5 points from 5 games is papering over cracks too well. I feel that it's going to have to get much worse for the yeltz family to justify the change in tactics that we so desperately need. On the pitch, the management has had more than enough chance. However to the less critical, some would argue that the table doesn't reflect this... Yet.

Buckle up guys, the storm is to be weathered for much longer!
Last edited by Frodo on 29 Aug 2018, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Aug 2018, 10:20

Does anyone know why Goddard is constantly overlooked? Is he carrying a knock?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Aug 2018, 12:15

Well Ive stayed off here for a bit because of the negativity last year (I think).

I was never in either camp but Im coming to the conclusion now that despite all the progress off the field, we have gone as far as we can with the management duo. We have some talented individuals that can play the ball around and some pace too. That said hoofing the ball over the top with an expectation that a 40 something year old is going to out run 20-30 somethings, or knock it down for Roberts, is madness. From what Ive seen, there isnt much between any team in this division and thats including three of the top few teams. Kettering look solid but we were as good as Biggleswade or Shamblecote in spells and Kettering weren't that much better than us.

Im not one for keep harping on, theres no point. I expect a change will come at some point if we keep going the way we are. I think we arent that far off being a good team, but we need new ideas.